Daily service charge seaside?

need2cruise

No you will still be charged an additional 15% for each drink ordered

So it's based on what I actually drink? I like that a lot better than NCL. To their "free" included drink package they add $250 in service charge for a 7 day cruise. I would need to drink for $1,666 on MSC to reach that amount in service charges.

What is the service charge for the included drink package? Is that included in the $12.50?

If you're referring to the 'Drinks on Us' included package, you'll pay 15% service charge on anything ordered. There is no service charge added on the all-inclusive Classic drinks package (which is often included as a promotion) - just to clarify.

If you're referring to the 'Drinks on Us' included package, you'll pay 15% service charge on anything ordered. There is no service charge added on the all-inclusive Classic drinks package (which is often included as a promotion) - just to clarify.

Yes, Drinks on Us is what I am talking about.

Thanks for the info (y)

Thanks for your reply, that's a lot better than NCL. Do you know if the butler and concierge get a share of the service charge. I know on NCL they don't.

Thanks for your reply, that's a lot better than NCL. Do you know if the butler and concierge get a share of the service charge. I know on NCL they don't.

I don’t know for sure but I hope they get a share of the service charge. My first MSC cruise in YC is in September, I have not talked with any YC butler about this topic.

So it's based on what I actually drink? I like that a lot better than NCL. To their "free" included drink package they add $250 in service charge for a 7 day cruise. I would need to drink for $1,666 on MSC to reach that amount in service charges.

Well, that would be for 2 people, so you personally would only need to drink $833 on a 7 day cruise, or 119 a day, so roughly 8 - 10 drinks a day depending on price. For us, that is easy to do starting with mimosas in the morning and not stopping all day. But if you are a light drinker or a port intensive cruise where you are off the ship a lot, it could be a better deal. For us we would likely be paying more.

Well, that would be for 2 people, so you personally would only need to drink $833 on a 7 day cruise, or 119 a day, so roughly 8 - 10 drinks a day depending on price. For us, that is easy to do starting with mimosas in the morning and not stopping all day. But if you are a light drinker or a port intensive cruise where you are off the ship a lot, it could be a better deal. For us we would likely be paying more.

Good catch! That's for two people.

I'm definitely not a light drinker on a cruise, but I not so sure about $833. Beer @ $5 each would be 24 beer per day. The fruity MSC signature drinks are $7.25 so that would be 16 drinks per day. We could maybe get somewhere near that amount the first couple of days, but not all 7 days. We tend to slow down a bit towards the end of the cruise.

I think we will save some $$ on MSC vs NCL, but not enough to let it determine if we should cruise with one or another.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to my first MSC cruise in September!! :cool: