Star Trek Cruise 2020 Rumors And Info

CroozeNoobie

I just saw on a Facebook group for the Star Trek The Cruise Facebook page that somebody posted a photo of an announcement for the 2020 cruise. I cannot vouch for its credibility, but it was added by a member of the group, most likely a Trekkie, so was probably seen at a convention.

If it's true, looks like the ship will be Royal Caribbean, not Norwegian like the 2019 cruise, and March instead of January like the 2019 cruise.

Click on the attachment below to see the pic. (Sorry, I couldn't figure out how to show it in-message.)

photo.php?fbid=1959244070793599&set=g.126125204398122&type=1&theater&ifg=1

StarTrek.jpg.c588f1d26c0b376c80b5371c849faf89.jpg

I know. I saw the same thing. And the itinerary for the Mar 1-6 is nothing like the one on the Star Trek poster.

I'm guessing that the cruise line isn't advertising the sailing because it knows already that it's going to be a theme cruise? I'm not quite sure how that works.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'd definitely already gotten the impression that the next one was on RCCL, even before this sign was spotted. I don't remember where I saw it first. I guess we'll know for sure in January, as they'll allow people to "reserve" ahead of time (I put reserve in quotes because obviously, NCL won't be booking anyone onto RCCL).

• 3 weeks later...

This was confirmed to me by an admin on the Facebook page. It is most definitely correct :). I told them I was waiting to hear the itinerary for 2020 as I was not interested in going in 2019, and they relayed this exact information to me saying it was set. 

• 3 weeks later...

Considering they're still trying to sell the last cabins on Cruise III, which is less than a month away, I wonder why they were so confident about switching to a much larger ship. I guess they're hoping the date will help, as early January's a tough sell? Not to be negative, but I seriously doubt they're going to sell out Cruise IV if it's on EotS. We'll see, I guess. 🙂

• 3 weeks later...

The 2020 website is up!

https://www.startrekthecruise.com/

Kate Mulgrew will headline, since it will be Star Trek Voyager's 25th anniversary. It will sail on Royal Caribbean Mar 1st thru 8th 2020 from Miami. The full lineup will be announced on the website on Jan 5th.

Booking will start on Jan 14, 2019. (Those aboard the Star Trek Cruise III, Jan 2019, will get first shot at booking cabins on their voyage Jan 4 -10th, 2019.) Everybody else can start booking on Jan 14th.

Edited by CroozeNoobie

We booked our wedding on the RCI cruise for the 1-6th and I logged on this morning and it looks like we’re now changed over to the Star Trek cruise in its place. Everyday before today it has had the 5 night itinerary and it is now changed...

• 2 weeks later...

I'm now officially booked on the Star Trek cruise for next year. 🙂 I had an absolute blast on the one that just sailed, which was my first ST cruise or event of any kind.

The line-up is substantial right now, including William Shatner.

• 3 months later...

I think it sold out in around 2 months (?), not counting the time period of onboard bookings. That's pretty impressive. And I think the ship's a bit larger, too.

I know when I went down on day 1 to book onboard, thinking I could pretty much waltz right in, they were giving out pagers to everyone to wait, and people had 1+-hour wait times. Thank goodness they were taking names and doing bookings outside of normal operating hours so I didn't have to wait.

I don't know how many years they'll keep doing them for, but I can see this becoming an annual trip for me.

When we booked on board, they had run out of pagers.  As long as you knew what level cabin you were requesting and were okay with any location for that cabin level, they would take your name/cabin numbers and call later with an assignment.  We should have attempted to book sooner.  It was questionable if we were going to be able to book a suite level cabin but we did get the level requested.  

We have been on all three cruises but I was seriously considering not going on the fourth until they changed ships and announced that the next one would be Voyager.  Now if they would do an itinerary other than Caribbean.  

21 hours ago, squick64 said:

I know when I went down on day 1 to book onboard, thinking I could pretty much waltz right in, they were giving out pagers to everyone to wait, and people had 1+-hour wait times.

I went down 40 minutes before they opened on day one of onboard booking and was #17 in line. I waited for about 45 minutes after opening before I was called. I had to be proactive because I'm handicapped and accessible cabins are few and far between. I was able to get my first choice, a spacious balcony on deck seven.

21 hours ago, Debra1001 said:

Now if they would do an itinerary other than Caribbean.

I couldn't agree more.

• 3 months later...

I'm not sure how much this thread needs updating at this point, but they've just announced that Jeri Ryan (7 of 9/Voyager) and Jonathan Del Arco (Hugh/TNG) will be joining the cruise (meanwhile, Robert Duncan McNeill has dropped out). I don't know if it's just because of those additions or because of the recent Las Vegas conference overall, but there's been a noticeable uptick in the number of people looking for cabins.

Meanwhile, mine is one payment away from being complete (I randomly chose a quarterly schedule--I don't know why). I've even booked the flight and hotel.

The next cruise will be March 7-14, 2021, also on Explorer. No word yet (that I've heard) on who will be "captaining" it.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

This was something I put up for someone else a while ago--I just took quick photos with my phone, they're not properly scanned. Otherwise, check out the past photos on the cruise website, where they've posted some shots from all of the major events. That doesn't give you everything, of course, like no one took any pictures of Dr. Noor's talk, but it should give you a general feel for it.

In terms of what's happening in 2022, well...a lot of old stuff will be brought back, I imagine. The old script readings they do are very popular. We'll see a game show or two, the science talks, the costumed theme nights, celebrity-hosted yoga, (unofficial) craft swap, door decorating, a make-up artist who can do make-up for you, karaoke, celebrity excursions, a gift shop of ST stuff... This year, we all got to vote on what one of the costumed theme nights was going to be, although we don't know the results yet.

Cruise IV program

Edited by squick64
  • Thanks 1