Celebrity Equinox- Aug 11, 2018

Chastowne2

My partner and I will be taking our first Celebrity cruise with this sailing. We’ve previously sailed with Carnival (15 times) and Princess (1 time). Does Celebrity have a strong gay following? Is the LGBT gatherings actively attended?

On a side note we were thinking of getting a day pass at one of the Key West guest houses. Any thoughts?

John and Bruce

• 1 month later...

My husband and I have been on many Celebrity Cruises, in fact, boarding on August 25. We have always found the gatherings well attended. Note, they will not be listed in the daily activities, you need to look at the board posted near guest relations desk. We feel at "home" on Celebrity and have made many friends, both gay and straight, over the years. Regarding Key West, I lived there for 4 years after college, '93-'97, so...a long time ago. No input about the guest house day pass, but a meal at Blue Heaven is not to be missed IMHO, if for no other reason, dessert..."banana heaven".

My partner and I will be taking our first Celebrity cruise with this sailing. We’ve previously sailed with Carnival (15 times) and Princess (1 time). Does Celebrity have a strong gay following? Is the LGBT gatherings actively attended?

On a side note we were thinking of getting a day pass at one of the Key West guest houses. Any thoughts?

John and Bruce

Hello, My partner and I are looking to book the Equinox on 8/11. We have cruised many times on Celebrity over the years due to their outstanding service and strong support for the LGBT community. I will be back to you when we book. Thomas and Doug from Charleston, SC,

John and Bruce

Sorry that I'll miss y'all. I'm on for the July 28 and Aug 4 sailings, but gotta go back and work at some point!

The LGBTQ gatherings will be listed in the Daily activity sheet on the first night and are just about always in Martini Bar @ 8pm. It's a very popular venue, also quite loud, and I've not found it conducive to meeting folks. With that said, even back to my trip on the old Celeb. Zenith in the 90's, there always seem to be a good contingent of other gay/queer folk aboard, from honeymooning 20somethings to more seasoned sailors.

Regarding your KW question, I've been thinking about the same thing. Since I'll be there a couple of weeks before you, I'll report back if I end up getting one.

db

Have fun!

Hi DB, after a back-to-back cruise you need to return to work just to stay grounded, lol. Thanks for the info regarding the LGBT meetings we’ll just have to see how it works out but it seems X has a solid following. This being our first Celebrity cruise we’re really looking forward to the experience.

We we thinking of Island House in KW (the day pass is 30.00). Do be sure to let us know if you decide to try one and your experience. We’ve visited KW before so the Conch train is out.

Enjoy your cruise - I’m jealous as all hell.

John and Bruce

Hi DB, after a back-to-back cruise you need to return to work just to stay grounded, lol. Thanks for the info regarding the LGBT meetings we’ll just have to see how it works out but it seems X has a solid following. This being our first Celebrity cruise we’re really looking forward to the experience.

We we thinking of Island House in KW (the day pass is 30.00). Do be sure to let us know if you decide to try one and your experience. We’ve visited KW before so the Conch train is out.

John and Bruce

Thanks and will do. BTW not sure if you guys are foodies, but i just saw that the Aug 11th sailing is one of Celebrity's "Moveable Feast" trips. You'll have chefs Michelle Bernstein and Marcus Samuelsson on board and apparently leading some seminars/events.

I was on another of their moveable feast sailings and never knew it until I got the Celebrity follow up survey, and hadn't seen anything about this sailing until an email this morning.

david

• 1 month later...
Hi, We are booked and looking forward to 8/11!

Hey guys, glad you were able to get onboard. It won’t be long now already have the suitcases out and luggage tags printed.

Keep in touch (jonw921@gmail.com).

John and Bruce

• 2 weeks later...

John and Bruce

Hope the trip's going well! There are a couple of guys travelling solo with you this week who are both good folks.

I apologize but totally forgot to go back and post here week before last. It was so hot the day we were in KW that I just stayed on board. Also there were enough shenanigans onboard that I didn't require a visit to Island House...:-)