Dream Boat

sej67

This documentary came out earlier this year. Which gay cruise company was the ship on? And which cruiseline was it on? Seemed like it could be Celebrity or Carnival. And maybe some European gay cruise company. Online comments seem to be mostly negative, but I thought it was pretty accurate but not meant to reflect the gay male community as a whole.

"The Cruise" Is a Belgium based tour company that chartered Pullmantur's Sovereign for all-gay European cruises once a year. Sovereign was RCI's Sovereign of Seas until RCI sold it Pullmantur cruises. Dream Boat is a German based documentary that follows various gay men from European countries. According to IMDb: Once a year, the Dream Boat sets sail - a cruise only for gay men. Far from their families and political restrictions, we follow five men from five countries on a quest for their dreams. The cruise promises seven days of sunshine, love and freedom - but on board are also their personal stories, their doubts and uncertainties.

• 1 month later...

I watched it on Netflix recently and found in informative. I recognized the hills above Barcelona's harbor, otherwise they were careful not to show the ship's name or ports in filming. The film was more about the gay cruise experience, and the men's family and personal life on shore. I've considered an gay cruise, but don't fit the body image I see on the ads. It took me 8 cruises before I took my shirt off and get in a pool!

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Sorry for the thread necromancy, but I really liked that documentary! I think they did a good job of selecting a broad range of principal subjects and showed how significant the experience is for those who come from non-LGBT friendly countries - but also the challenges and anxieties of being on the ship, too. The film was a little slow in parts (I could've done without those voiceover clips with the echoes over the faces of the men), but definitely something worthwhile to watch.