Blogging Arctic Splendors cruise on the Navigator

I'm continuing to update the blog. The most recent entry is from our stop at Zeebrugge, from which I took the Flanders Fields excursion. https://summertimechilling.blogspot.com/

Someone had asked for the wine list, which I finally posted, but had to do it one page per entry. I don't see the thread now, so my apologies if I blew something up with it.

Our grand voyage ends three weeks from tomorrow, but seems like it has barely started. Today we are docked in Ferrol, Spain, but I am taking a self-imposed sea day. We've had a series of ports with long drives to places of interest. Every one of them was well worth it, but I just couldn't face another bus. There is a small town here, but we're not allowed to walk in the pier area, so we have to do a shuttle just to get to it, even though it's right there. And the excursions are all to far-flung places.

I'm thoroughly enjoying this trip and the ship. As someone else has noted on another thread, the public venues tend to be crowded, particularly as we've sailed full every segment, but that's the trade-off for the advantages of a smaller ship.

And the last segment is underway! Hard to believe that we are in the wind-down phase already. We've left behind the cool/cold weather, and are now in the sunny Med.

They are trying something new this segment: opening the Pool Grill for dinner. The idea is to have a place to go in the evening when you don't want to change out of your shorts or jeans, and can have cocktails at the pool bar and a relaxed dinner "with a local theme." We haven't tried it yet--they just started it a couple of nights ago--so don't know what is meant by local theme. Will report back when we know. It does look like a number of people are going there.

We are now in Ibiza, but don't have an excursion until the afternoon. So I took the lazy morning to update the blog with Barcelona: https://summertimechilling.blogspot.com/2018/09/modernisma-architecture-barcelona.html

• 3 weeks later...

Well, the party's over. We returned on Tuesday. Disembarkation in NY was quick, easy, and efficient. Our flight was delayed due to weather, but we eventually made it back to North Carolina where, thankfully, all was well at our respective homes. However, the damage and continuing flooding just an hour or two away are terrible. Florence certainly did her share of destruction in the Carolinas.

The final entry in the blog is up. Unlike the other entries, which were about the various places we visited, this one is about what it's like to "live" on a cruise ship for three months: https://summertimechilling.blogspot.com/2018/09/living-on-cruise-ship.html