RSSC Website Glitches

In one hour I can book dining reservations for our December cruise. I just logged in to the website and there are some glitches. My two booked cruises that were on there earlier today are no longer on there. Everything is blank. My Seven Seas Society information is also missing. There is no way to make dining reservations or view anything. I hope they get this fixed soon! Please let me know if you are having the same problem when you log in to the website to view your "booked cruises". Also the part of the website where you can "Plan My Cruise" is not working.

Carol, website is definitely glitchy! I could not sign into my Booked Cruises. It seems that Regent does work on the website during the weekend and it may not be up until Sunday night/Monday morning. The only thing that may make you feel better is that no one else can book excursions either. Definitely frustrating.

Try calling Regent first thing Monday morning.

In one hour I can book dining reservations for our December cruise. I just logged in to the website and there are some glitches. My two booked cruises that were on there earlier today are no longer on there. Everything is blank. My Seven Seas Society information is also missing. There is no way to make dining reservations or view anything. I hope they get this fixed soon! Please let me know if you are having the same problem when you log in to the website to view your "booked cruises". Also the part of the website where you can "Plan My Cruise" is not working.

Yes, I am having the same problem. None of my booked cruises are on the website. Also preparing to make dinner reservations for the Capetown cruise. Perhaps they take it down before the mad rush and turn it back on at midnight EST.

I had trouble last weekend. Not possible to book excursions until Monday noon central time instead of 11pm central Sunday. It all worked out fine because no one on our cruise could book. Just frustrating because you don’t know when it will be fixed and come back up. It was a restless night of trying to sleep though.

Had same experience tonight as Carol described above. Everything "zeroed" out. Planned to book dining reservations for December-January cruise. but site has problems. Agree,,,,very frustrating. will recheck in the morning and likely during the day tomorrow.

6:00 EST and I was able to book dining reservations. What is going on with Regent?????

Same here, about 05:30 was able to book and receive confirmation emails for the three bookings. But, now the site seems to be down again as I cannot access my account.

I see something new, and potentially useful, on the website. I'm looking at our June 2019 cruise under "Booked Cruises" and it now shows the amount of my shipboard credit from my TA. When I click on that it shows amount remaining and allows me to view purchases that I used credits for (none so far). An easy way to monitor our balance will be nice.

This is new, right?

I see something new, and potentially useful, on the website. I'm looking at our June 2019 cruise under "Booked Cruises" and it now shows the amount of my shipboard credit from my TA. When I click on that it shows amount remaining and allows me to view purchases that I used credits for (none so far). An easy way to monitor our balance will be nice.

This is new, right?

Definitely new. Just went into my "Booked Cruises" and did not see the shipboard credit. Where on the page did you see it?

Just a thought for all who had the problems with Regent's website last night (and the resultant lousy night of sleep!): I just wrote to our TA to advise her and have indicated I'm giving serious thought to cancelling the 3 additional Regent cruises we already have booked. As they are trying to upgrade their now-sister line, Oceania, it seems like what they really doing is down-grading to becoming an overpriced Carnival! When our TA isn't available and we have a question, the Regent personnel consistently give incorrect or contradictory information.

We love traveling Regent, but their are other luxury cruise lines. This is simply inexcusable.

While I have also been frustrated with the website (not the way it looks but the glitches), I understand that they are trying to do some changes that will go into effect in October. Jason O'Keefe alluded to changes in booking excursions. My guess (no knowledge of what I going on) is that onboard credits are being loaded into the system so passengers may be able to pay for excursions using OBC's instead of paying by credit card and trying to get your money back once on board. If they accomplish this, it would be a big deal (In my opinion).

Wonder whether it would be better for Regent to shut down the website during the day so it does not interfere with those people that are up in the middle of the night to book excursions or to disrupt people wanting to access the website during the day. Neither option is perfect but it would be helpful if we knew in advance what hours the website will be down (or partially down). For instance, if people knew that the website would be down until 5:30 a.m. on a particular day, they wouldn't bother to stay up and would know that at 5:30 a.m. they could book excursions.

P.S. I would not leave Regent over this. No cruise line is perfect and you could be exchanging one thing that you don't like for something else that isn't what it should be. The more cruise lines that we try the more we feel that this is true.

Juat looked at our account and we currently have 2 booked cruises. The one this year doesn't show the OBC but the one for 2019 does. It is nice to see and i believe it does have to do with changes being made to be able to use OBC when you book shore excursions online.

We also have two booked cruises. We have some OBC on our upcoming 2018 cruise which is not showing. The cruise we have booked for 2021 does show the OBC. I emailed our TA to be sure she has Regent add it.

This is new, right?

This will help a lot with the hassle of booking Regent Choice excursions, paying for them far out and then canceling/rebooking them on-board to use OBCs...if the posted credit can be used when first booking excursions.

Only one of our upcoming excursions shows an OBC credit, and its one where that credit comes from Regent and is non-refundable. Our TA's credits are always refundable and I don't expect them to show up much in advance since that represents a hard cash purchase by the TA. Maybe the earlier reported post of a TA credit is one worked out jointly between the TA and Regent (and therefore likely not refundable)?

In any case, a nice add.

In the broader context of this thread, I have to say that the Regent web site has worked quite well for us. Maybe just lucky.

Agree with TC about Regent adding a feature that advises the customer that the website will be down at a certain time/date so folks aren’t trying to book dining reservations or excursions during the scheduled times. Other businesses post a banner on their landing pages so not sure why Regent can’t do the same. Having experienced the frustration last evening myself along with others, it seems to be a simple resolution to the problem.

Juat looked at our account and we currently have 2 booked cruises. The one this year doesn't show the OBC but the one for 2019 does. It is nice to see and i believe it does have to do with changes being made to be able to use OBC when you book shore excursions online.
I just noticed that on the "Customize Your Voyage" page it now says:

"Regent Choice Shore Excursions are eligible for shipboard credit."

It's too early for me to book excursions, but I'm assuming my OBC will be used for Choice excursions when I do.

Editing to add: It has a similar statement for Culinary Arts classes.

1982CruzStart -- Where on the website do you see any OBC for your 2019 cruise?

thx

On the Regent website login to MY ACCOUNT and BOOKED CRUISES. If your cruise is not there you can add it. Next click on MANAGE THIS BOOKING. When the next window opens at the bottom it says: SHIPBOARD CREDITS. To the right of that you then click on VIEW DETAILS.

Have been checking and our booked cruise still does not show this. Maybe because shore excursions are already booked. We are waiting to book our Regent Choice excursions after we board. If we could use OBC we would book now.

On the Regent website login to MY ACCOUNT and BOOKED CRUISES. If your cruise is not there you can add it. Next click on MANAGE THIS BOOKING. When the next window opens at the bottom it says: SHIPBOARD CREDITS. To the right of that you then click on VIEW DETAILS.

Thanks for the Heads-up.

This recent SC augment must still be a "work-in-progress"! We have 5 Regent cruises booked. I just checked "My Account" and only 1 booked cruise has the all the correct info on our shipboard credits - the one cruise for which we have NO SC! For example, our cruise in 2 weeks has no recognition of either our NCL shareholder SC or the $100 p.p. for booking another cruise within 30 days of embarkation plus it has 2 descriptive errors.

Our TA makes a final check everything just before embarkation - another reason for a trusted, experienced TA>

While on the discussion of Regent's IT shortfalls, let me add another aspect. Received today a targeted (to SS members) email about special discounts on some Caribbean cruises. It contained two hyperlinks to the actual details. One was formed correctly and works. The second left part of the http:// header off and fails.

You know, when I send an email with hyperlinks, especially those I type in rather than cut and paste, I check that the links work. Takes a second. ESPECIALLY if I'm sending that email to tens of thousands of people.