Absolutely no carry on water or soda allowed? Is this enforced?

AllenO

I choose to buy bottles of water (and cans of ginger ale) and get it a bit cheaper by ordering it online, before the cruise- still a rip-off, but okay.

My only beef is that it doesn't show up in my cabin till late, really late on the first day. And, this is all cruise lines, not one in particular.

Edited by lyannea
forgot to add

I don't know why so many people freak out over filling up water bottles. I've seen people get food from the buffet and start eating right there with their hands, then go to the next station and use the next utensils with those same hands they just shoved in their mouth. I will admit that I take the glasses and fill them with water and ice and THEN put them in my water bottle, but I don't see why they don't have a place where one can do this? I can see that one shouldn't fill up a bottle of water that's been emptied, but a big mouth reusable thermos that I actually wash myself in the cabin with soap and water ( no dishwasher needed, I'm it) should be able to be filled up. It's no different than a cup IMHO.

I don't see why they don't have a place where one can do this? I can see that one shouldn't fill up a bottle of water that's been emptied, but a big mouth reusable thermos that I actually wash myself in the cabin with soap and water ( no dishwasher needed, I'm it) should be able to be filled up. It's no different than a cup IMHO.
Because, many people don't wash the bottle and touch the faucet when filling. Hopefully, NCL will make sure there is water bottle filling stations on the new ships.