NCL Star... what do Tweens do?

MaiTaiMary

My kids are 11, 12, and 14. We have a very port intensive cruise, but when we ARE onboard, what is there for them to do? They've been pretty spoiled with ships that have a lot of bells & whistles. I just learned that the waterslides have been removed. Very sorry to hear this.

My 11 and 12 year old aren't thrilled with the idea of sharing the kids club with the little kids. How do they separate the older kids? Any idea what kind of activities they have planned for them?

Is there ping pong? Basketball hoops?

Is there a 24/7 soft serve ice cream like on the Carnival ships?

Bonus points if somebody can post the kids club activities for these ages. :cool:

Thank you!!

The younger kids will be in the 10 - 12 year old group, and an get sign out permission, the oldest in the teen club where they come and go. On our last cruise, Gem, similar sized ship, all of my kids (ages 14 - 20) has a great time, found friend groups and hung out in the pools, hot tubs, sports deck, buffet, etc.

I haven't been on the Star in many years but my kids had a great time when we were on it. The 11 and 12 year olds will be in a group of others the same age and they will have plenty for them to do age appropriate. The 14 year old will be in the "teen" Entourage program where they will meet other teens and roam the boat like a wild hormonal pack of teens, lol kidding, sort of. They will make friends and have fun doing teen stuff. The counselors are great and have activities planned throughout the boat for them. They have a fun "no purple" rule in the teen club. The counselors will tell them boys are blue, girls are pink, no mixing colors and making any purple lol. I always got a kick out of that very funny.

Unlimited soft serve ice cream is usually only until 11:30 pm when the buffet closes.

Have a great time the kids definetly will!

Oh I forgot to mention make sure all the kids bring something white to wear one of the days kids club will have a white hot glow party! The kids love this day it's a huge party with dancing, glow sticks etc. They also have a fun pajama party one of the evenings so super cool PJ's and crazy slippers are fun. Counselors usually have on funny footed pajamas too.

There is also a survivor day where they mimick the show survivor and do a bunch of tasks. Kids club is always decorated a different theme each day.

On board the STAR the teen club "Entourage Teen Club" is located on deck 12 port side aft around

the corner from the Garden Café (Buffet).

The soft serve ice (milk) cream machine is located starboard side aft in the Garden Café and is

open from the afternoon till late evening -or- till it runs out of IC or needs maintenance - normally

dispenses Vanilla and Chocolate and a mix of the two.

Hard scooped real ice cream is available for desert in all restaurants and next to Topsiders Bar and Grill

Pool deck 12 during noon-afternoon hours.

Basketball Hoops located on deck 14 aft-mid ship - from Cagney's deck 13 outside entrance go aft to

the stairs going up to the visible nets.

Shuffleboard is available on deck 7 (Promenade deck).

For reference LINK:

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/Norwegian-Star

Click on the little camera images for larger display.