Epic Spa Cabins - Tell Me About Your Experience

The EPIC spa is wonderful. There is an aft balcony outside of the spa with padded loungers and beds to relax on. There are several heated tile loungers in the co-ed area. The locker rooms have gender specific steam and saunas and there are co-ed ones in the spa. The thelassotherapy pool is really nice and the whole spa is worth it.

Tell me about your experience with the Spa or the Spa Cabins on Norwegian Epic. Is it worth $400 more than std balcony for what you gain access to in the spa? Considering for BCN cruise in Sept this year.

Balconies and minis are standard rooms with spa access. Nothing special. Just a room near the spa.

If you watch the prices, sometimes you can score a spa suite for cheaper than the price of a normal balcony + spa pass. However, beyond that, it's really no different other than location. That said, the Mandara Spa is totally worth the cost and it's always a first stop for us when we cruise on a ship with it.

• 2 weeks later...

To me, the Epic spa suite is the BEST I've been in on NCL (7 cruises total). Stayed in a spa balcony on one Epic trip and then bought the spa pass on another Epic trip. Many occasions I took a nap on the day beds on the rear facing balcony in the spa suite.

If you will enjoy the thermal spa it is worth every penny. If not just go for the normal balcony. It’s basically a balcony with spa access. Did it on our honeymoon suite and loved the experience but had more sea days than the usual 7 day itinerary...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last year we booked a mini-suite guarantee on the Epic and were assigned to a mini-suite spa. Little did we know how fortunate we were! About the 3rd or 4th day of the cruise we decided to go over there and WOW what a wonderful spa. We loved it.

On my next cruise with my friend we booked an inside - bid to upgrade to a balcony and paid $299 each online for 15 days for the spa. It was a transatlantic. It was super-wonderful. I am currently booked for a cruise on the Jade and don't know if it will be worth the $149 for and 8 day cruise. But Epic absolutely worth it - beautiful and for some reason it was never crowded!

• 1 month later...
The EPIC spa is wonderful. There is an aft balcony outside of the spa with padded loungers and beds to relax on. There are several heated tile loungers in the co-ed area. The locker rooms have gender specific steam and saunas and there are co-ed ones in the spa. The thelassotherapy pool is really nice and the whole spa is worth it.

Are the Steam Rooms and Saunas in the locker rooms open to all, even those without a spa pass?

• 3 weeks later...