New York Pass and SIghtseeing

yhh

Hello,

We are booked on the Regal Princess New England cruise leaving NY on 9/29. We're flying in on the 27th so we can do two days of sightseeing before we get on our ship since this our first time in NY.

On the 27th, we want to see the 9/11 Memorial, Empire State Building, a bus tour of the city. On the 28th, we want to see a the Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, and a museum (not sure which one yet).

Would it be worth it for us to get the Pass? Is it worth the price?

And is our schedule doable?

Thanks!

Hello,

We are booked on the Regal Princess New England cruise leaving NY on 9/29. We're flying in on the 27th so we can do two days of sightseeing before we get on our ship since this our first time in NY.

On the 27th, we want to see the 9/11 Memorial, Empire State Building, a bus tour of the city. On the 28th, we want to see a the Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, and a museum (not sure which one yet).

Thanks!

I would do Statue of Liberty, Ellis island and 9/11 memorial same day since they are all downtown, if you are doing 9/11 museum get tickets in advance

Hello,

Thanks!

What time do you arrive on the 27th and at which airport? Where exactly is your hotel? Do you want to just see the 911 Memorial or do you want to see the 911 Memorial Museum as well? There is also a 911 Tribute museum.

Once you decide exactly what you want to see, then it can be determined if the NY Pass is worth it. After just a casual glance, I don't think it's worth it.

I read the small print of the pass and you need to stand online to get tickets once you have the pass. You don’t have lots of time to waste. You need to reserve timed tickets for the ferry to the Statue of Liberty and if you want to enter the Statue that’s another ticket. The 9/11 Memorial is free. It would make your life easier to have a timed ticket for the Empire State Building also. The museums are spread all over the place. You should start thinking which museum because that will affect your itinerary depending where it’s located. Since you want a bus tour, the HoHo would probably work for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Museums generally close by 5 or 6. Empire State Building is open late. People often underestimate the time it takes to do SOL and Ellis Island - it's a full day but you can slip the 9/11 Memorial in front of it. Haven't done the 9/11 Museum so not sure about squeezing that in front of the SOL and Ellis Island.

I do use the NY Pass when I am sure of my schedule - always saves me money. But make sure you know if you will get a pass and can go straight to attractions or if you have to go pick it up - if you have to pick it up that's a trip out of the way and a late start to the day!

Do you want to actually visit the SOL or just get a good view of it? If the later, you can just hop the Staten Island Ferry over and back and get a real nice (and free) view both ways.

Staten Island Ferry is my favorite free tourist attraction in New York!