A bunch of questions about NCL Star...

MaiTaiMary

We are jumping over to NCL from Carnival. :) I have some questions and I'm hoping you guys can help me out. Feel free to answer whichever ones you are familiar with:

-Can somebody post (or a link to) the current MDR menus? Any "must have" recommendations?

-Does the cabin steward come to the cabin twice a day or once?

-I just read that I'm supposed to reserve our show times before we sail. Ack! I didn't realize that. Any shows in particular that we shouldn't miss?

-Can somebody post the kids club itineraries? (ages 11, 12, and 14)

-My kids want to know if there is soft serve ice cream 24/7, like on Carnival. ;p

-There are no set dining times for the MDR, correct? Do you just show up at the dining room or do we check in elsewhere?

I think that's it for now. :) Thank you so much!!

-Can somebody post (or a link to) the current MDR menus? Any "must have" recommendations?

NCL updated their menus two weeks ago, so I don't have anything current. The ships rotate through 14 main dining room menus that are regional. This link is to an "example only" of a main dining room menu. There are "Classics" which appear on the menu every night (so you can always get a steak, chicken, fish, vegetarian dish) and "Features of the Day". https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=56770142&postcount=23

-Does the cabin steward come to the cabin twice a day or once?

Twice a day. Morning and evening turn down (they will replace any used towels and do light cleaning at night).... with a new towel animal.

-I just read that I'm supposed to reserve our show times before we sail. Ack! I didn't realize that. Any shows in particular that we shouldn't miss?

No show reservations on the Star. That is reserved for the big megaships (like on other cruise lines). Seating is first come first serve,,,, show up around 20-30 minutes early for the best seating.

-Can somebody post the kids club itineraries? (ages 11, 12, and 14)

Someone recently on the star can give you better information. These are examples only from another, larger ship https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=56771083&postcount=40 Make sure to register your kids on the first day and let them make friends

-My kids want to know if there is soft serve ice cream 24/7, like on Carnival. ;p

Nope. Sorry, only during buffet hours.

-There are no set dining times for the MDR, correct? Do you just show up at the dining room or do we check in elsewhere?

You just show up. This is like any restaurant at home. You show up and they will show you to a table for your group. You eat when you want, when it fits your schedule. You take as long (or short) as you want to eat. There are two main dining rooms, Aqua and Versailles. Shorts are allowed in all restaurants for all meals except Le Bistro and Versailles who request that you wear long pants (jeans, dockers). Most people dress up a little for dinner (no formal nights, ever). Photographers will be out on nights 2-6 (on a 7-day cruise) to take photos around the ship,,, if you dress up,,, or if you dress down. Ginza and O'shehans are other complimentary restaurants.

I think that's it for now. :) Thank you so much!!

See the video on the recent overhaul of the Star

Have a great cruise!

• 1 month later...