Golf Cart to Jack's Shack?

fourandtwo

I know Jack's Shack is a ten minute walk down the beach. However, we will have our 4 kids: 13, 11, 6, and 5. There is a 6 seater golf cart for rent. I was thinking it might be worth it to easily get to Jack's, and then tour around the island. Or is it really an easy walk on packed sand (with 4 kids in the sun, and then back again!)

Thanks!

I know Jack's Shack is a ten minute walk down the beach. However, we will have our 4 kids: 13, 11, 6, and 5. There is a 6 seater golf cart for rent. I was thinking it might be worth it to easily get to Jack's, and then tour around the island. Or is it really an easy walk on packed sand (with 4 kids in the sun, and then back again!)

Thanks!

I'm just back from a visit there last Saturday.

It's a relatively short walk on the beach as you know, but I'd hesitate to call the sand "packed." The easiest walking is right along the surf zone just above where the waves are stopping, but that can be tricky and I know from experience that a sudden wave can swamp your shoes, so I'd suggest walking shoes. Further back from the water the sand is more challenging; a bit like unpacked snow.

If you have any desire to see the rest of the island beyond Jack's, I'd say go ahead and rent a 6-seater. a typical six-hour visit would provide plenty of time to visit Jack's, pay your respects to Topher,* and check out the town and the lighthouse.

---

* when I was there all he wanted was to play in the surf :D

• 2 weeks later...

We recently spent the day in GT with our four kids, 13,10,10,3. We chose to walk to Jack's Shack and it was a bit long and definitely not packed sand, but totally doable worth the kids. Try the jerk chicken! Worth the walk to get away from the crowd, although there is a close by commercial pier and boat launch, so watch the kids for sure with boats coming and going. If you want to explore, go for the rental.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Forums mobile app

If all you are doing is going to Jack's, you'll walk further to get a golf cart and when you do you'll be a few wheel rolls from the road entrance to Jack's. Golf carts are located outside the cruise port gates which are past the shopping and taxi stand and parking lot. If you're going to travel around the island, get the golf cart, do your tour,drop the group off at Jack's, go turn the cart in, head across the road to Jack's and then walk back to the ship from there.