Just booked - Cruise/vacation insurance

cruise.freak

I book it and use Allianz. I buy it through my TA as they have a special policy written for them.

The odd thing about Alaska is that you really are not outside of the country except for your time in Vancouver. Most medical insurance will cover you if you get sick on land or in port as you are in the US. You just need coverage if you get sick on the ship and for evacuation (or in order to cancel the cruise if you can't go). When I cruise outside of the country, I am more concerned about high medical coverage. Not as concerned in Alaska.

There is a travel insurance portion of CC: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=-1&f=635

There are many insurance options. You need to determine- what you want insured. As mentioned, your health insurance has at least some coverage in Alaska since it's the US. :)

I use an annual medical policy, because I want high overages including evacuation. I self insure my cruises.

Depends on your needs. The above website, does offer a compare filter to perhaps consider.

A VERY important factor- is your timing- with preexisting conditions,, for ship and Canada health care to be covered. .

There are many insurance options. You need to determine- what you want insured. As mentioned, your health insurance has at least some coverage in Alaska since it's the US. :)

I use an annual medical policy, because I want high overages including evacuation. I self insure my cruises.

Depends on your needs. The above website, does offer a compare filter to perhaps consider.

A VERY important factor- is your timing- with preexisting conditions,, for ship and Canada health care to be covered. .

Yes, I once had to file a claim due illness before the cruise - we had to cancelled. The travel insurance company reimbursed in full and I would say it was relatively easy. However they were pretty concerned with dates. Date of booking, date of first payment, date of remaining payments, date of flight booking, date of flight payment, etc. (I had to have proof for all dates). They were less concerned about what was wrong with me or where we were going ! I would just say make sure you choose the beginning and end dates of your policy carefully including dates of air travel, etc. I would also say to buy insurance early if you are going to buy it.

We would never cruise without travel insurance, and we buy it through our TA. I used to buy Allianz, but since we are now over 70 and elite, our TA suggested the upgraded Princess insurance as the best for the money. (the upgrade is free to elite). Evidently over 70 and the cost for Allianz rises significantly.

A couple of years ago we had to file a very large claim with Travel Guard due to a medical emergency while in Canada. We were extremely satisfied with TG's service and as a result have insured every subsequent trip with them. They were unfailingly helpful, courteous, and patient--and they promptly paid everything they were supposed to.

Most important advice I can give is to contact your insurance company as soon as you realize there is a problem. Don't wait until you get home. We contacted TG right from the hospital emergency room and were thus able to get all the necessary forms filled out and signed by the appropriate medical personnel before we ever left the hospital. TG not only paid for our early return home but made all the arrangements for us.

I know there are other equally good insurance companies--but we stick with TG based on the outstanding service they provided when we needed it.

Call and "speak" to a real live professional...no need to use a website to figure out what's best for your specific needs.

The Trip Insurance Store

(888) 407-3854 Steve or one his associates will help you....We have used them for years and their just amazing.