So Glad We Made It! (A Carnival Breeze Wedding Review)

We are getting married August 3, and on our RSVP cards I had a note on the bottom that said "If planning to attend, please list on the back of this card your name, driver's license or passport number and birth date for the Department of Homeland Security". I also printed off the page from Carnival that explained the Homeland Security regulations and the times and reason for the times and included that in the envelope with the invitations. This is a second marriage for both of us and as such we are having a small wedding (only 28 guests total) so it really is just close family and friends, so I had no problem at all getting the information.

Edited by ImaginationCruiseBride
Because I have apparently forgotten how to spell the simplest words.

Thank you SO much for posting this. Only having a vague idea of what is going to happen "day of" is stressing me out!

A few questions if you don't mind- Did you do the Lido lunch for your nonsailing guests? Did you ask for the homeland security information on your invites or do that separately?

You made a stunning bride and made me super excited about our upcoming wedding!!

Thank you so much! Glad I could help. I created a wedding website and had people RSVP on that site. There was space for them to provide all of the required info in a private field. Closer to the wedding, my bridesmaids called to confirm the RSVPs and get any missing info. The hard part for us was getting definitive answers. Eventually, the timetable helped with that predicament bc if they didn't provide the info, they weren't going. Good luck!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Forums mobile app

Yes, that would be the safe thing to do. We took most of them out for a rehearsal lunch the day before. And they had the reception buffet. Except for those meals, they were on their own. :)

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Forums mobile app

In our case all of our guests are traveling quite a distance to join us and will be paying for a hotel the night before the wedding and will be joining us for dinner (they will be buying their own) the night before because our families have not had the opportunity to meet until then, so we felt like the buffet was something we needed to do, and as I've said there are less than 20 who are not sailing so it's less than $200.

Congrats on your wedding!! I actually got engaged on that same cruise on April 10 in Cozumel :)

Where did you go to find info from other brides like those questions you mentioned to ask the planner and what not? was it all from this website? Im planning mine for fall 2015 also with the Breeze most likely :D:D

Congrats on your wedding!! I actually got engaged on that same cruise on April 10 in Cozumel :)

Where did you go to find info from other brides like those questions you mentioned to ask the planner and what not? was it all from this website? Im planning mine for fall 2015 also with the Breeze most likely :D:D

Thank you and congrats, future Breeze bride! I searched CC on the special interest and wedding boards. There is a 2014 brides thread, and I read other past bride reviews. Brides are generally nice and someone will answer your questions!

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

Beautiful! I have to say....i read your review several times lol. It is very complete.I am 11 days out...and I was wondering when family pictures were taking ( most of our guest are non-sailing) . I don't really want take all the reception time for pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Beautiful! I have to say....i read your review several times lol. It is very complete.I am 11 days out...and I was wondering when family pictures were taking ( most of our guest are non-sailing) . I don't really want take all the reception time for pictures.

Thanks! The pics with the family were taken briefly after the wedding at the ceremony site. Then towards thevend of the reception, we took a few more pics and the group shots were the very last thing after the last dance. I gave instructions about not interrupting reception either, but it is the only way to get pics with non-sailing guests. It didn't feel intrusive. Took maybe 10 minutes.

• 2 weeks later...

Your pictures are wonderful!!! I'm getting married on the Breeze 2/22/15. Did you pay extra for the flowers, columns and runners? I've seen pictures with them in it but I haven't seen anything about it in carnivals paperwork. Thank you for your review and any help!!!

Your pictures are wonderful!!! I'm getting married on the Breeze 2/22/15. Did you pay extra for the flowers, columns and runners? I've seen pictures with them in it but I haven't seen anything about it in carnivals paperwork. Thank you for your review and any help!!!

Thank you and congrats! I brought my own silk flowers onto the ship. Only flowers included in package were the 1 real rose bouquet, 1 bout, and the flowers on the columns. The columns and the runner were included. Ask your rep for the flower options sheet or go to the Wedding Experience website if they take too long to send it.

• 3 months later...

Ok, I couldnt STOP READING GURL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Buttttttttttt I had to BC my mine is short... Soooooo I LOVE it so far, YASSS Hunty And I dont care Chad Is VERY nice looking, We all must forgive... I love the Limo, How much did that run, forgive me BC I'm Just at the Start of Wedding Day, So u may have said.. EVeryone looks So Good and looks like they had fun, the Roof top Hummmm May have to hit them Up, and thats Miami Them DRINKS be on Hella High SMH, But High Five to the Nice People that gave you the Bottle.. Ok Gotta go back and read bye!!!! lolol

OHHHHHHHHHH NOOOOOOO Gurl You Funny.. lolol We know lolol.. You REALLY Look FAB :) Your Dress Is Beautiful!!!! Glad everything turned out Great.. And thats a mess You had to turn off your phone, But people just cant help it smh lol

Ok, I couldnt STOP READING GURL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Buttttttttttt I had to BC my mine is short... Soooooo I LOVE it so far, YASSS Hunty And I dont care Chad Is VERY nice looking, We all must forgive... I love the Limo, How much did that run, forgive me BC I'm Just at the Start of Wedding Day, So u may have said.. EVeryone looks So Good and looks like they had fun, the Roof top Hummmm May have to hit them Up, and thats Miami Them DRINKS be on Hella High SMH, But High Five to the Nice People that gave you the Bottle.. Ok Gotta go back and read bye!!!! lolol

Thanks! And thank you for your help on these boards. Yes, he is fine but crazy! It was just a towncar and I don't remember it costing more than $75. Yeah, they make that money on South Beach!

OHHHHHHHHHH NOOOOOOO Gurl You Funny.. lolol We know lolol.. You REALLY Look FAB :) Your Dress Is Beautiful!!!! Glad everything turned out Great.. And thats a mess You had to turn off your phone, But people just cant help it smh lol

Thank you again. Yes, truth be told, I'm still ignoring phone calls! LOL Just don't have time for the bs anymore.

HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!! You know Im all about that truth Hunty!!! ANd You are more then welcome. Thats what we are here for.. NOT to just read and be noisy and NEVER help anyone out ( you know that use to make me soooo mad) oHHH and guest what SHE married us too.. lolol

Thank you again. Yes, truth be told, I'm still ignoring phone calls! LOL Just don't have time for the bs anymore.

• 3 years later...
tranquilreign,

I just love your pictures. You look fabulous. What a beautiful couple. Thank you very much for sharing with us all your experience. I am getting married on July 13/ 2014 on the Legend. What did you do as a party favor? It is less then 2 months away and we couldn't decide yet.

First...Congrats!!! I am getting married on Legend next year and am trying to do as much research as possible and cant seam to find much on the legend....Can you give me tips? where did you have your ceremony? reception? pictures? we are doing Alaska.

Thanks for your help!