EA+ program

Markanddonna

I may be mistaken but I didn’t read anywhere where they indicated that they will do or provide any services other than “assist” you in finding services.

I see where they say they will pay for medical services up front if required, but only if guaranteed against your credit card.

We have this coverage but note we have never had to use it. We bought it for reasons other than the evacuation coverage.

The following statement is from our member benefit guide "If you are traveling away from home and you sustain an injury or suffer a sudden and unexpected illness and appropriate medical treatment is unavailable in your current facility, WE WILL ARRANGE AND PAY FOR (capitals mine) a medically supervised evacuation to a hospital that WE DETERMINE (caps mine again) to be capable of providing appropriate medical treatment."

So, yes, they will arrange and pay, but on their terms - they decide if where you are being treated is suitable and if not they decide where to send you. I would assume this is likely to be somewhere close by and not your home hospital.