Studio Cabins on Escape

OceanBlueWaters

Hello,

I tried to search about this, but results were minimal/irrelevant.

Anyway, are there Studio Cabins to avoid? Grab immediately? I am not familiar with this Ship and have never booked a Studio Cabin. I have reviewed the deck plans, and yes they are all inside cabins, but would love to hear from someone who actually spent time in a Studio Cabin on this Ship.

BTW...I also posted this on NCL Board for more responses and feedback. "Haven" questions get more rapid responses than my "Studio Cabin" question :rolleyes:

Thanks!clear.png?emoji-thumbsup-927

I've not been on Escape but I've used the studios on Getaway and Epic. They're cosy but well designed so you don't feel claustrophobic. There are one-way portholes into the corridor which makes it feel a little more open, and there's plenty of storage space. The access to the lounge is a real benefit for these cabins as well - it has the best free coffee on the ship.

I've not been on Escape but I've used the studios on Getaway and Epic. They're cosy but well designed so you don't feel claustrophobic. There are one-way portholes into the corridor which makes it feel a little more open, and there's plenty of storage space. The access to the lounge is a real benefit for these cabins as well - it has the best free coffee on the ship.

Thank you for response :)

I was a bit hesitant about "no natural light" and being claustrophobic, but I think the "Porthole" into hallway will be fine. I SO LOVE the Studio Lounge feature. I have been researching and on my way booking my first Solo Cruise (Studio Cabin) on the Escape to Bermuda in September. :)

Thank you for response :)

I was a bit hesitant about "no natural light" and being claustrophobic, but I think the "Porthole" into hallway will be fine. I SO LOVE the Studio Lounge feature. I have been researching and on my way booking my first Solo Cruise (Studio Cabin) on the Escape to Bermuda in September. :)

I can't speak for the Escape. But the other NCL ships I was on, you could view the ships bridge web cam on a channel on the TV. That may be an idea to give you the feeling of natural light.

Hello, I did a studio on the Epic (have 2 booked on the Escape for next year) and recommend a non-connecting room if possible (the connecting ones have the arrows between them). I had a balcony on my next two ships but found a studio more than enough space. They are sleek with padding and hardwood floors as well. The whole corridor is neat with the lighting and proximity to the studio lounge.

I'm sorry that I can't comment on specific numbers as I havent been on the ship yet

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't sailed on Escape (yet, sailing on her March 17) but have done the studios on Breakaway. My advice is avoid connecting rooms (like someone mentioned above) and try to avoid being next to any of the "blank spaces" on the room map. They could just be plumbing/mechanical/HVAC, but the one I was next to was a housekeeping prep area. It was non-stop action in there starting at about 7am every day, not ideal when you're out at Howl at the Moon until closing the night before.

There is actually a way to find out which studio stateroom is good or bad. Go to Cabin Reviews, find the ship and pick studio cabins. There will be a list of people who reviewed the cabins themselves with the cabin numbers. Read what they have to say about their cabins. Yes some are not great, as I have read.

Did a studio on the Escape during Thanksgiving (don't recall cabin number). Never had any issues with noise, and I had a connecting.

The only noteworthy issue I had specific to studios was a distinct lack of shelf space. There was plenty of room for hanging clothes, but not much shelving. Worth noting, but I figure if lack of shelves in the biggest complaint from a cruise, I had a pretty good cruise.

I was in a studio on Escape in August. I don't know if any cabins were better or worse. Some are closer to the main doors, and stairs, so that can be a factor. Mine was at the end of the hall (but not the one that goes crossways) and was fine.

I found the cabin comfortable but awkward. I never knew where anything was. I sink wash clothes, so I'll have different things hanging out for that, and then I'll have my "nice" clothes in one place and all my stuff for the next day's excursion in a pile...and laundry and clean...you know. Plus all the dailies and other crap you pick up. It was pretty dire, LOL. It got to the point where I couldn't find my phone and reported it lost, only to go back and find it under some stuff in my cabin. There are closets and whatnot, but you can only open one at a time with the sliding door. So I was always confused. I made a point of sleeping on the "wall" side of the bed, too, as since it's pushed up against the wall, everyone's slept on the non-wall side and made it uneven. :-)

But seriously, it was fine. There was pros and cons to the cruise experience in general, but I would probably book a studio again if I were doing one of those ships again. Maybe I'd bring clips or something.

Things that help in a studio:

Magnets (the walls are magnetic, at least some of them). Strong magnetic hooks from Amazon = more things to hang stuff on. I also use them to stick papers to the wall.

Collapsible IKEA storage boxes (the small ones) for extra drawer-type storage.

A travel "dry sack" to wash clothes in the shower.

Thinner coat hangers = more items in closet.

Also, recommend against 12527 on Escape. Right next to an ice machine and a place where crew likes to stand and chat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I had the one next to the door into the studio corridor from the main corridor, don’t get that one. It’s a big handicapped approved metal door and everyone coming through it just lets it go so it bangs.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Which floor? I believe on Escape there are three Studio floors (10,11,12).