Jewel of The Seas 7094 vs 7602 Hump Cabin

midex

This will be my first balcony on a Radiance Class ship and I am set on one of the hump cabins, but am looking for some input on which to select. I am currently booked in E1 cabin 7602 but just noticed that 7094 opened up. I like the idea of being in the center of the hump and being able to see both fore and aft, but the large balcony on 7094 is tempting me, I am just concerned the view will be limited forward and I won't be able to see as much. Any input is greatly appreciated!

We just did a center hump on the Freedom. Loved the location. Loved the view. BUT, while underway, the wind on the balcony was extreme. It whipped clothes and hair around. ...that was whipped! I think it was because you were out there with no protection from either side.

I was very pleased with the cabin and the view and the location, but I don't think I'd book the center hump again. Actually, the cabin just aft of the center would be a good one I think. You'd get the wind baffle from the center hump but still have the view.

...my opinion...

Without looking at the location...what class is the hump cabin? the E cabin will only have a large chair in it not a sofa the D cabin will have a sofa...makes a difference promise you!

The humps are prize pickings!!!! Grab!!! you will see plenty!!! However true anything in front of the hump forward to the hump middle will be wind-ier than aft or behind the hump. The least windy is true aft on the rear!

Lou

Edited by cruisingrightalong
added

I was in 7092 (next door on forward side of 7094) on the Brilliance for a transatlantic. I loved it. I could see all the way forward and out to the side and even aft a bit. You'd have something fairly similar.

The balconies on those two cabins are big and deep, so you can get out of the wind if that bothers you.

E cabins have more of love seat than a chair. They have two cushions.

Thanks everyone for the replies. I noticed that 8586 also opened up and am considering switching to that as well. I have heard people recommend deck 8 over deck seven.

The disadvantage of deck 7 is that the cover of the lifeboats is at deck 7 level so you can't stand on the balcony and look straight down to the sea. I was on the Brilliance a month ago on deck 8 (not on the hump though) and liked it better because I could see the ocean a bit better.

• 5 years later...
The disadvantage of deck 7 is that the cover of the lifeboats is at deck 7 level so you can't stand on the balcony and look straight down to the sea. I was on the Brilliance a month ago on deck 8 (not on the hump though) and liked it better because I could see the ocean a bit better.

I think that 7094 does not have the lifeboat cover problem. There are no lifeboats on the hump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk