baggage

I have flown with TUI five times in the last year Four times with a small hold-all and a fairly large tote bag I always put more in my tote bag in case they weigh the hold-all and they have never weighed either Once with a trolley dolly which they weighed but ignored my tote bag Most women at check in this Jan going to Caribbean had a piece of hand luggage and a handbag and there were no problems. Hubby also has a man bag and a back pack and it's never been a problem

I don't think they class a handbag as luggage - I've always taken a piece of hand luggage and a handbag. I think they say one piece as there are always people who will abuse the handbag rule and take a much larger bag. I've also seen people take hand luggage plus a laptop. Hope this helps

I flown from both Manchester and Leeds/Bradford many times - 24 cruises and never had a problem Don't waste your time contacting TUI you'll get a different answer every time I even take a plastic bag full of magazines as well to read on the plane and never had a problem

This is a typical example of poor, confusing communication and not following their own procedures that so many companies are guilty of these days. The link I posted states "Things like laptops, handbags and items bought at the airport must fit within your 1 piece of hand luggage.". Clearly however from peoples' experiences, they do not adhere to it.

Typical woman! I always take handbag as well as an IT cabin bag (not case) and together they come just under the required weight of 7kgs.

One time at check in I was asked to put my bag on the scales and did so only to be told to put handbag on as well! I was then told not buy anything in duty free!

I always carry the two bags separately even though it does state everything should fit in one bag.

I know some airlines (not Tui that I have seen) allow another bag of goodies bought after security to be taken on the aircraft.

I have always had a cabin case as hand luggage also a handbag. Just once I was told to put my handbag in the case but as soon as we passed check in I took it out again as I keep my passport and boarding card in it. My OCD couldn't cope with doing something different. Also had a carrier bag as I bought things in the shops.

• 6 months later...

Premium upgrades you from a total luggage weight of 27kg to 30kg the extra 3kg for hold luggage ALL hand luggage on all CRUISE bookings is 7kg, we have cruise's booked through to Sep 2019 all stated on paperwork 7kg hand luggage as it has always been with Thomson/Marella.

Sent from my VF-895N using Forums mobile app

My cruise is in Jan 2019 ,and this is new clearly states 5kg unless booked premium, there have been lots of discussions on this on tui Facebook site.
We have three cruise booked for 2019, the latest being September they all clearly state, on the booking under passenger details, outward & return baggage of 7kg for hand, picture of a brief case, and the allowance for hold luggage. It may be different for cruise and stay, I don't know. I suggest if you have a holiday booked and its not showing on the second page of your confirmation paperwork you get onto them.

Sent from my VF-895N using Forums mobile app

I also have 3 cruises booked and if you read the terms and conditions at the end of your confirmation booking it tells you if you are on a cruise then it's 7kg of hand luggage

The wording you are reading is what they print for every booking I.e land based holidays which of course is confusing but it is definitely 7kg for cruises

Confirm, just had confirmation and 7 kg for hand luggage if on a Marella cruise (generic info says 5 kg but underneath clarifies re Premium or booked on a Marella cruise) Cruisers may get more as relieved of their main luggage earlier possibly spending a day with just hand luggage.