Men's Spa Facilities on Cruise ships: Which ones do you think are the best?

Can anyone provide information on the men's spa and fitness setup on Royal Caribbean's Adventure of the Seas? Is it similar to any of their larger ships like the Navigator, or the Freedom Class?
Rccl said that they will remain after the refit

I'm going in July /Aug for 2 weeks . So I hope that that is correct

Sent from my SM-N910F using Forums mobile app

Can anyone provide information on the men's spa and fitness setup on Royal Caribbean's Adventure of the Seas? Is it similar to any of their larger ships like the Navigator, or the Freedom Class?

Actually, Navigator and Adventure are the same class of ship (Voyager class), so if you've been on Navigator, Adventure's setup will be fairly similar. Freedom-class ships have a very similar setup as well, with a decent-size locker area, a separate shower room with several stall showers, and down the hall are the sauna and steam room, both large and nicely laid out, and more showers opposite these.

Actually, Navigator and Adventure are the same class of ship (Voyager class), so if you've been on Navigator, Adventure's setup will be fairly similar. Freedom-class ships have a very similar setup as well, with a decent-size locker area, a separate shower room with several stall showers, and down the hall are the sauna and steam room, both large and nicely laid out, and more showers opposite these.

Thank you for the information. I am glad to hear this. I have been on the Navigator and all three freedom class ships. I was worried that Navigator, the last of the Voyager class, may have had an upgraded set up. I'm glad I can expect the same on the rest of the Voyager class, especially the Adventure since it is newly updated.

I think Royal has the change area, wet area, gym, sauna, steam, and showers set up about as good as it can get on the Freedom and Voyager class ships. I'm sad to see they messed it all up with every ship build after the Independence, the final Freedom class ship.

If anyone has been on the Voyager or Freedom class and knows this set up AND can tell us about other ships from any line that have as good or better "wet" area set up, we would love to know.

I'm wondering if any cruise line is still building ships with similar layouts or if they are all going the same route as Royals newer mega ships. Primarily co-ed with an extra fee to use it.

Thanks to everyone for the input.

• 2 weeks later...
Recently sailed on Carnival Spirit.

Small free male only sauna and steam room accessed through the men's locker room in the spa area (entrance to the gym).

Showers were great. Each shower was a seperate room with its own changing area with a lockable door. Very private.

Yes Matt have been on that and going again in June..as you say a great setup, especially the private shower rooms!

Yes Matt have been on that and going again in June..as you say a great setup, especially the private shower rooms!

Hi, I noticed that you recently sailed on the Diamond Princess, how did you find the spa facilities on board?

I am trying to pull together a list of ships that still offer free steam and/or sauna. Your input would be greatly appreciated. It would be much easier to look at one list rather than sort through dozens or hundreds of posts to obtain this info. There is a space there to note other features as well. This list is for both Men and Women. It is in Excel format. Please feel free to edit with your knowledge of various ships. Please date any changes you make so we can keep the list up to date. If you are not familiar how to edit the list, please just post within that thread and I will be happy to edit with your changes.

See the thread: List of ships with FREE steam and/or Sauna located within the Special Interest Cruising under Fitness, Spa & Sports cruises.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Rog

• 2 weeks later...

P&O Azura.

I sailed on the ship last autumn & only now have remembered to review the facilities!

The sauna steam is free (& not advertised anywhere on the ship) it is located in the gym changing room which is on the left as you pass the gym/spa reception desk. The facility comprises male only sauna & steam, the sauna seats about 8/9 comfortably & the steam about 12. On my cruise the steam was out of action for the first few days but when working was brilliant, there are three showers (one accessible) & on my cruise towels were in abundance. There is one toilet cubicle & a wash basin(suitable for shaving). The locker room is small & locker keys should you want one are available from the spa reception - I never used one & just left my clothes on the bench. The was clean & my only gripe was that it could do with an area to sit for cooling off between sessions.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, Im going on NCL Sky for a short cruise 9th April to Cuba from Miami

Anyone know what the Sauna steam room is like , and is it used much ?

Thanks for any info

I was last on the Sky in 2017 and the steam and sauna is in the men’s locker room. It was free to use, you just had to ask at the spa desk for access. They are small, 4-6 guys can fit in each, but normally there was only 2 or 3 at a time. Enjoy you cruise!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I was last on the Sky in 2017 and the steam and sauna is in the men’s locker room. It was free to use, you just had to ask at the spa desk for access. They are small, 4-6 guys can fit in each, but normally there was only 2 or 3 at a time. Enjoy you cruise!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for info

Handy to know , not many seem to know they are available

The ones who do go are regular cruisers

Looking forward to the cruise , and the Sauna :o

I'm sailing on the Carnival Victory in one month! Looking at the deck plans, it has free steam and sauna in the men's locker room. The layout looks very similar to the Valor and Liberty that I have been on. I love my sauna/steam time on board!

I was on the Victory a few weeks back. The ship has a great gym and a men's only steam room and sauna in the men's locker room. I assume the women's locker room has the same. Both the steam room and sauna are very large and can seat about 12 to 16. Both have a row of bench on the left and right sides of there rectangular room. The back of the rooms have a huge glass window overlooking the ocean making the rooms very bright during daylight hours. There is a small hallway leading to both, the sauna is first and the steam room is second. You enter each through a large glass door. I think both are open the same hours as the gym, 6 am to 10.

There are nice large showers in the locker area. A row of 4 on the right and a row of 4 on the left. The showers are directly across from each other. The showers have a frosted glass door that swing both in and out. The doors do not latch so they tend to swing open as the ship moves. It's almost pointless to have the doors as they are open more often then closed. Don't expect any privacy because you can see into the opposite shower when the door swings open.

Hope this helps.

A friend is sailing on MSC Fantasia next month and asked me if I knew what the sauna set up was on this ship - I don't & cannot find any useful info online, can anyone help?

Same question... but for all of the Fantasia class ships (Fantasia, Splendida, Divina, Preziosa).

Only info I can find online is that the sauna/steam are part of the spa rather than the gym and are therefore incur a fee to use. According to my cruise booking options, I can pay for a week long thermal area pass for £39 (~$50) But unsure whether they are co-ed or not. There’s nothing on the website or deck plans which indicate what the set up is like.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm just back from a cruise on Sapphire Princess, the ship generally I found a bit tired in places, but the sauna/steam area was in good condition & FREE. :)

The sauna is situated in the gyms male locker room area - first left as you pass the Spa Reception Desk, on entering you will find a toilet area on the right & on the left the locker room itself which was always spotlessly clean with 3 differing sizes of towels in abundance. Lockers are of the combination type & no key is needed to use them. The steam room sits 8-10 guys & the sauna 10-12 at a squeeze. The steam room is the noisiest I have ever experienced on land or sea, it also cuts out every 4 hours or so & thus needs a user to ask the cleaner or spa desk to reset. Sadly on this cruise from Singapore the facility was very quite & often I was the only user & busy was 2/3 in total - I missed the usual banter with fellow shipmates that I have enjoyed on previous cruises.

There are three showers all of which are private, no provision is made for those of lesser mobility as step is required to enter each one & no shower seat is provided within. The cold water was NEVER cold so it was difficult to cool down properly in between sessions which I found a pain.

Interestingly flip flops/thongs were provided for all users of the area.

Links to pics of the area below.

https://ibb.co/iEnhVH

https://ibb.co/mRVfHx

https://ibb.co/h3bLHx

Edited by billybeachboy
Pics added

I was on the Victory a few weeks back. The ship has a great gym and a men's only steam room and sauna in the men's locker room. I assume the women's locker room has the same. Both the steam room and sauna are very large and can seat about 12 to 16. Both have a row of bench on the left and right sides of there rectangular room. The back of the rooms have a huge glass window overlooking the ocean making the rooms very bright during daylight hours. There is a small hallway leading to both, the sauna is first and the steam room is second. You enter each through a large glass door. I think both are open the same hours as the gym, 6 am to 10.

There are nice large showers in the locker area. A row of 4 on the right and a row of 4 on the left. The showers are directly across from each other. The showers have a frosted glass door that swing both in and out. The doors do not latch so they tend to swing open as the ship moves. It's almost pointless to have the doors as they are open more often then closed. Don't expect any privacy because you can see into the opposite shower when the door swings open.

Hope this helps.

Just got home from the Victory. It was exactly as you said! The shower doors did swing open and closed. It was funny watching the bashful guys trying to shower with one hand and try to keep the door closed with the other.

Will be sailing on the Celebrity Edge in December 2018. Has anyone heard what the spa design/layout will be on this ship? Especially anything in regards to sauna/steam available in the locker rooms? Thanks.
That's one of the several areas that they haven't released any information on. I'm very curious about what the setup will be. Given that EVERY CURRENT Celebrity ship has a complementary sauna in the men's locker room I hope the Edge won't be a step backwards.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Will be sailing on the Celebrity Edge in December 2018. Has anyone heard what the spa design/layout will be on this ship? Especially anything in regards to sauna/steam available in the locker rooms? Thanks.

No - the design for the gym/spa hasn't been released yet. Looks like it will be one of the last areas to be revealed. Hope they at least go back to the more roomy design of the M class - a larger sauna with a window to the outside.

You're lucky to be part of one of the first groups to experience Edge. Any feedback after your cruise would be appreciated! I'm not on there until March, 2019.

No - the design for the gym/spa hasn't been released yet. Looks like it will be one of the last areas to be revealed. Hope they at least go back to the more roomy design of the M class - a larger sauna with a window to the outside.
The men's locker room facilities on the Solstice Class are way too small. The locker area is a joke with barely enough room for one person!

The men's locker room facilities on the Solstice Class are way too small. The locker area is a joke with barely enough room for one person!

Completely agree!

And while they're at it, why not put a damn clock in there so we have a clue what time it is!