Uber or taxi from Airport to New Orleans hotel

Jenn1974

What is the best mode of transport to get from the airport to a New Orleans hotel? I have only cruised from Florida in the past this is my first cruise out of New Orleans? Then how to get from French Quarter to the port. We are cruising Carnival if that matters.

Thanks,

Jennifer

You can do either one from the airport to The Quarter. Not much of a difference in price. Same thing from hotel to the port. If you're staying in the Quarter or CBD/warehouse area it's a 5 minute ride to the port.

• 2 weeks later...
You can do either one from the airport to The Quarter. Not much of a difference in price. Same thing from hotel to the port. If you're staying in the Quarter or CBD/warehouse area it's a 5 minute ride to the port.

Yep, cajun nailed it. We just returned from a Carnival cruise last week. First, we loved N.O., it was our first visit but not last. We took a cab from airport to hotel simply because of the simplicity of getting one. It was a little farther than I thought but not at all unpleasant. We used Uber from Hotel in the quarter to the port. When I confirmed the ride it said two minutes and the driver was there before I could walk out the door. It was about $9 or so. It was a short distance from hotel to port but too far to shlep the luggage and the cost is nominal. We also got a cab back to the airport from the port, again because it was easy to just walk out and grab one. This time we were in a van with other people but we got a reduced rate that way. The driver was funnier than the comedian we saw on the ship.

• 2 weeks later...
As anyone used Super Shuttle or Go Shuttle (I think this is the name) from the airport to hotel? It's over $10 cheaper but wanted a review if possible. :)

Sure. They are fine, but can be slow, as you have to wait for the van to fill up and then you may have to wait while others are dropped off first, depending on which hotels are on your shuttle.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums