Formal night schedule QM2 M842A

shervy

I have been trying to find a list of the formal nights on QM2 Transatlatic November 4th 2018. We are doing a round trip. Can anyone help with a list of formal nights and themed balls?

Thanks in advance :D:D:D

Jude

As Underwatr mentioned there are PDF documents available on the Cunard UK FAQ site containing schedules for the dress codes and themed evenings, but those documents for QM2 currently only go out as far as voyage M817 (May, 2018).

Here is what I can tell you from past experience and what the schedules have shown for recent QM2 crossings. There should be three formal evenings and four informal evenings during each 7-night crossing. The second evening of each crossing is usually the first formal evening with the Black & White Ball as the theme. The sixth evening is usually the third formal evening with a varying theme from one crossing to the next. That theme could be the Masquerade Ball, Roaring Twenties Ball, or Royal Ascot Ball to mention the most likely possibilities. The second formal evening will occur somewhere between the second and sixth evenings of the crossing with no special theme for that evening.

Now of course that could all change once the actual schedules for later into 2018 are released, but hopefully that gives you a general idea of what the situation might be for your crossings based on past experience.

Regards, John

Thank you all for replying to my post. I love the dressing up and very pleased that we are likely to have 6 formal nights.

Need to buy a few new dresses now [emoji16]

shervy, on your booking/ itinerary page that lists each day of your cruise; the dress for each day is listed. I am truly surprised that more people don’t notice this, Rose

[emoji6]

314e11539c8cd8e43f6aab29ff02a896.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

shervy, on your booking/ itinerary page that lists each day of your cruise; the dress for each day is listed. I am truly surprised that more people don’t notice this, Rose

[emoji6] ...

Rose, the itinerary page within voyage personliser does not always show the dress code schedule for voyages that are still several months out. I note your screen shot is dated October 24, 2017 for your voyage departing February 24, 2018 (exactly four months prior to departure). We are on the June 10, 2018 QM2 crossing (just one week more than four months out as of today). Here is what our itinerary page looks like today within the US voyage personaliser with no dress codes indicated yet.

25194563857_952cdce829_b.jpg

I don't recall from past voyages when the dress code schedules began to appear within the voyage personaliser for us. Perhaps in another week or so they will appear for our upcoming voyage. I'll keep an eye out for it.

Regards, John

Rose, the itinerary page within voyage personliser does not always show the dress code schedule for voyages that are still several months out. I note your screen shot is dated October 24, 2017 for your voyage departing February 24, 2018 (exactly four months prior to departure). We are on the June 10, 2018 QM2 crossing (just one week more than four months out as of today). Here is what our itinerary page looks like today within the US voyage personaliser with no dress codes indicated yet.

I don't recall from past voyages when the dress code schedules began to appear within the voyage personaliser for us. Perhaps in another week or so they will appear for our upcoming voyage. I'll keep an eye out for it.

Regards, John

John,

Wasn’t aware that Cunard took their sweet time, but not surprised of course, need all the ducks in a row. Just thought it was a wonderful, and so far for us, unique touch. We are booked on a 32 day cruise in 2019 too, so this will be exceptionally helpful.

Rose

[emoji6]

314e11539c8cd8e43f6aab29ff02a896.jpg

I am maybe a little early ours just states the time of dining. I will go with 6 nights and purchase enough dresses for them

As Underwatr mentioned there are PDF documents available on the Cunard UK FAQ site containing schedules for the dress codes and themed evenings, but those documents for QM2 currently only go out as far as voyage M817 (May, 2018).

rience.

Regards, John

Hi John

Scheduled for V817 on 5/13/18. I once found that PDF you mentioned but my cruise was not on it yet. I think it is probably on it now, but I'll be darned if I can find it again. I tried the UK site FAQ and my own Personalizer. Can you provide me with a link? Thanks in advance

Jim

Hi John

Scheduled for V817 on 5/13/18. I once found that PDF you mentioned but my cruise was not on it yet. I think it is probably on it now, but I'll be darned if I can find it again. I tried the UK site FAQ and my own Personalizer. Can you provide me with a link? Thanks in advance

Jim

Sorry, the current QV dress code document ends with voyage V816. Not sure why Cunard seems to be behind in updating both the dress code documents and the enrichment speaker documents. The enrichment speaker document for QV ends with voyage V807 (the current voyage, Feb 7-21, 2018). Anyway, here's a link to the current QV dress code document for your reference.

https://carnivaluk.metafaq.com/resources/carnivaluk/life-on-board/qvdress.pdf

By the way, I'm seeing voyage V817 departing Southampton on May 12, 2018 (not May 13). Hopefully that was just a typo on your part.

Regards, John

Edited by bluemarble

Thank you, John. Yes, the 12th. Imagine us arriving on the 13th to an empty pier!

The pdf that I located in the past actually listed and defined each formal night, describing the theme.

Jim

Ah, yes. The schedules for the themed evenings are now in separate documents. The current themed evening document for QV (also ending with voyage V816) can be found here.

https://carnivaluk.metafaq.com/resources/carnivaluk/life-on-board/QV_dresscode_themenight.pdf

Regards, John

John

That's exactly the schedule I remember. I don't know how I found it, and despite hours of searching, I cannot get back to it. Either you're a magician, or there is some logical trail that I can't follow. I see it begins with Carnival rather than Cunard, and I see it is related to an FAQ, but I still can't get there. Thanks again. I'll keep trying this link, and hopefully they'll add V817 soon.

Jim

John

That's exactly the schedule I remember. I don't know how I found it, and despite hours of searching, I cannot get back to it. Either you're a magician, or there is some logical trail that I can't follow. I see it begins with Carnival rather than Cunard, and I see it is related to an FAQ, but I still can't get there. Thanks again. I'll keep trying this link, and hopefully they'll add V817 soon.

Jim

Jim, I think the fundamental problem you have run into is that the Cunard UK FAQ site "ask.cunard.com" is no longer directly accessible from the US. The links to the documents I provided above are found on the following FAQ page for the question "What will the dress code be whilst I am on board?".

https://ask.cunard.com/help/cunard/life-on-board/dress_code_all

But since you are in California, that link presumably does not work for you any longer as it used to up until about two months ago. I get it to work by using a vpn connection to make it look like I am accessing that site from the UK. See this thread for additional details about this issue.

All access to ask.cunard.com now blocked from U.S.

John

John

Is there a specific VPN that you recommend?

Jim

Take a look at TunnelBear. It has versions for Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS, plus it offers a free plan that allows up to 500MB of data usage per month. There is also a subscription plan providing unlimited data and some additional countries not included in the free plan.

Hi John

I tried Tunnelbear as you suggested. It was extremely easy to set up and use. I picked England to start. It worked on every site I visted. If I tried Amazon, I would get Amazon.uk for instance. Every site EXCEPT CUNARD. I was redirected to the US Cunard site. I tried emptying my cache and history and deleting all tracking web sites, and all cookies, but that didn't help. I tried installing Chrome (I use Safari) and it still redirected me. Oh well, but thanks for putting me on to Tunnelbear - it's a keeper.

Jim

JimmyC, sorry to hear you are having trouble getting TunnelBear to work with the Cunard UK sites. Just to let you know, the dress code and themed ball schedule for our June 10, 2018 eastbound crossing (voyage M821) is now posted on our voyage personliser today (just within 16 weeks of our departure). I hope you are now able to view the schedule for your voyage V817 in your voyage personaliser.

There appear to be a couple of "Royal" quirks with the themed evenings as listed on our schedule for voyage M821.

Day 2 - Royal Cunard Ball

Day 6 - Royal Twenties

I'm not quite sure what a "Royal Cunard Ball" is as opposed to the Black & White/Cunard Ball usually held on the second evening of a crossing. I suppose that's probably the same thing.

And that "Royal Twenties" Ball listed for day 6 also has me a bit confused. My guess is that's supposed to be the "Roaring Twenties" Ball. I suppose the other possibility is that it will be the "Royal Ascot" Ball.

Regards, John

Edited by bluemarble

Hi John

I checked 48 hrs ago and the ball info was not listed, but at your prompt, I just checked and it's there now. Thaks for the heads-up. We are scheduled for 3. In order they are Black & White, Masquerade, Royal Cunard. I have no idea what the "theme" is for the last one.

I just signed up for the annual TunnelBear subscription. I use my laptop in a lot of public spaces, so its a good investment.

Jim