Story from my niece regarding a December 2017 Azamara cruise...

hiccups

This is kind of a 'six degrees of separation" story. I was texting with my niece (M) yesterday; we were discussing her sister's wedding (my niece K) this past Sunday (neither of us were able to attend--kind of last minute, family-only ceremony in Tahoe). Anyway, I knew from my sister that K and M's godfather wasn't there, either, because he'd had a heart attack recently and isn't allowed to travel. I asked M when her godfather had his heart attack, and she said it was during a cruise in December, but he hadn't found out until he got home in January. I replied how lucky he'd been, and she said yes, because it was a small ship and she assumed they wouldn't have had the resources to care for her godfather had it been a major heart attack. Of course I asked what cruise line he'd been on, and it was Azamara! She said he hadn't gone to the doctor onboard because he thought he was just seasick--it was his first time on Azamara and he thought it was the smaller ship bothering him.

I'm not sure which ship or cruise he was on--she said Azamara changed the departure date by 4 days and as a result, her godfather said the ship seemed empty. I told her that I was sure Azamara does everything it can to get its passengers appropriate medical care, including taking passengers off the ship in an emergency (as most cruise lines would do, I hope). Very glad for my sister's family, and Azamara, though, that my nieces' godfather was so fortunate with the degree of the heart attack he suffered onboard. I was so surprised by all this that I forgot to ask what he thought of the cruise, but obviously, I bet it's one he won't forget!

Oh my! I’m so glad your nieces’ godfather is recovering, Hiccups.

Our onboard professional medical staff would have looked after him and gotten him to a hospital asap. He must be one tough guy to have a heart attack and not go to the doctor until he got home! Give him our best wishes for a quick and thorough recovery. :*

Oh my! I’m so glad your nieces’ godfather is recovering, Hiccups.

Our onboard professional medical staff would have looked after him and gotten him to a hospital asap. He must be one tough guy to have a heart attack and not go to the doctor until he got home! Give him our best wishes for a quick and thorough recovery. :*

Thank you, Bonnie--I'll do that!