Crystal river cruise deals

rbw1000

I am new to all cruising and just booked a river cruise for 2019. When I talked to some friends they were interested too; it ended up that the group booked 5 cabins ( 4+ mine).

I wás told by some that I should be getting some kind of deal but since this is all new to me I don't even know what to ask.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

I am new to all cruising and just booked a river cruise for 2019. When I talked to some friends they were interested too; it ended up that the group booked 5 cabins ( 4+ mine).

I wás told by some that I should be getting some kind of deal but since this is all new to me I don't even know what to ask.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Did you book directly through Crystal or did you use a travel agent? Did everyone book individually or was it a group booking?

Here is the info from the Crystal website.

Travel with family and friends on any Crystal voyage – by ocean, river or yacht – and take advantage of exclusive savings on almost all Crystal cruises!

Among the greatest joys of travel is the chance to share the memories with those most important to you – extended family and groups of special friends. From birthdays and anniversaries enjoyed with several generations to group adventures and reunions with friends, Crystal Memories is designed to make your milestone occasions and bucket list journeys even more memorable with exclusive savings and special amenities.

Crystal River Cruises & Crystal Yacht Expedition Cruises:

• $125 per guest onboard credit (maximum two per stateroom)
  • Private transfer for group
  • $500 credit toward a Crystal Private Adventure, minimum $2,500 purchase (note: $100 nonrefundable service fee applies; $500 credit is applied at time of payment. Standard request procedures apply.)
  • Minimum of three staterooms accommodating six guests is required

Experience ultimate luxury aboard the World’s Best cruise line, for tremendous value.

Hope this helps. Talk to your travel agent.

Wow! Thanks for a quick response.

We all booked directly through Crystal; they were terrific to deal with.

I will talk directly to the person I dealt with.

Heard so many great things about river cruises!

Thank you

Can you please update us on the outcome.

Keith

Sure, when I talk to them. The cruise date is May 2019 so I may have to wait until Feb 2019 after everyone has paid to realize the benefit.

Everyone has paid their deposits but life has a way of getting into the best laid plans.

• 2 weeks later...

We are looking to book for June 2019 is it best to go with them direst or my own TA have sent for 3 quotes done 18 ocean cruises this will be our first river cruise...looking for any info please. julie Canada

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are looking to book for June 2019 is it best to go with them direst or my own TA have sent for 3 quotes done 18 ocean cruises this will be our first river cruise...looking for any info please. julie Canada

I'd always recommend a travel agent, especially if you already have one you like. I've gotten on board credit from my travel agent for the 2 Crystal river cruises I've done. Although excursions are included, there are a few that have extra charges.

Thanks for your reply, so there is things you can spend your on board credit on?? As have had a reply from one of my TA and the OBC is $1030 was not sure if that could be spent in 10 days.

Thanks for your reply, so there is things you can spend your on board credit on?? As have had a reply from one of my TA and the OBC is $1030 was not sure if that could be spent in 10 days.

There are some extra excursions that have a fee, wine not included in the all inclusive, massages, but I would say that over $1000(for 2 people?) is getting up there!

Patty

Ask the TA if it possible to get this as a credit against Final payment or as an after the trip check. Different TAs and different cruise lines have varying policies but I have successfully done both of those (not with Crystal). Good luck.