SPA - $35 Total Body Wax

FMZ

On MSC website you can prebook a total bdy was for $35! Seems incredibly cheap. Has anyone done this? Any feeedback?

Sent from my Z982 using Forums mobile app

I saw this as well and joked with my wife that I'd certainly get my money's worth. I'd be tipping well more than $35 for anyone that had to wax my whole body. Interested to know if anybody's pre-booked this and what is included.

My wife suggested waxing that close to spending time in the sun (Seaside in June) would probably not be the best idea given how sensitive the skin would be.

I am also really curious about this! We're going to the Caribbean in May and that seems like a steal. Hopefully someone can reply with the low-down.

On MSC website you can prebook a total bdy was for $35! Seems incredibly cheap. Has anyone done this? Any feeedback?

Will be on Seaside March 3 and did make the $35 purchase for DW. I will come back and report. I suspect this is a bargain if everything or only a few services are included. Right now I would suggest this is a bargain to those who use this service.

Along this line, I will also try to confirm for those getting a massage, it is more cost effective to buy before sailing. Hopefully this can be answered.

Finally, the unanswered laundry issue. Is it cheaper to purchase a laundry package ( eg 20 items for $30 and shirts/pants are ironed as well) before the cruise or on the cruise. I suspect it will make no difference.

Will be on Seaside March 3 and did make the $35 purchase for DW. I will come back and report. I suspect this is a bargain if everything or only a few services are included. Right now I would suggest this is a bargain to those who use this service.

Along this line, I will also try to confirm for those getting a massage, it is more cost effective to buy before sailing. Hopefully this can be answered.

Finally, the unanswered laundry issue. Is it cheaper to purchase a laundry package ( eg 20 items for $30 and shirts/pants are ironed as well) before the cruise or on the cruise. I suspect it will make no difference.

More than likely you will find some/many prices higher if you wait to book certain services until you're on board. Even if the price is the same- many services booked once on board will also incur a 15% service charge that pre-booked items won't have

Oh thank you!! My thought was even if I didn't get everything wxed it's worth it for just a few little things. I can't wait to hear how your wife's experience was!! Have a great cruise!

Booking before cruise is lowest price for massages on Seaside, we are on board now and have had 4 so far.

Spa/thermal area is awesome.

No wax or laundry experience.

Cheers!

quote=ken_ll;55381615]Will be on Seaside March 3 and did make the $35 purchase for DW. I will come back and report. I suspect this is a bargain if everything or only a few services are included. Right now I would suggest this is a bargain to those who use this service.

FMZ

DW came back from her $35 Total Body Wax, it is a bargain. For the ladies, if you are into this, an absolute bargain.

While I have a picture of the price list, it is a technical issue to get it here from a SD card on an Apple computer that I am not familiar with. I will post the pic. once I get home.

Here are the individual onboard prices and keep in mind, there is a 15% service charge to be added. There is NO opportunity to purchase onboard the the Total Body Wax sold pre-cruise for $35. For any service you think you might buy on the ship, pre-purchase it.

Full leg. $38.50

Half leg. $27.50

Bikini. $27.50

Under arms. $13.50

Eye brows. $ 9.00

Upper lip. $ 9.00

Back to DW, she made a booking for today, the Total Body Wax service at $35 is only done on port days, I see the reasoning as there is less demand and longer time may be required. Well, the technician thought 2 hours would be necessary and then with input as to needs from DW, one and one half hour was set aside.

If you were to purchase each individual service that comprise the Total Body Wax, then it would be $97.50, once you add a 15% service fee at $14.62, the onboard price would be $112.12 onboard vs. $35 pre- cruise. Of course, this is only of interest to those who would use the service. Although it is a bargain, it was of no interest to me.

While DW had the Total Body Wax, I went to the Aurea Spa Thermal Suite. I got back to the cabin and lo and behold DW got back before me. Not to start a war, DW did tip, since there was no service charge.

I’ll deal with Bikini separately. DW had most services performed and was pleased with the results.

Bikini - I have to tread softly here and rely on what DW told me, DW indicated that one could have limited Bikini done or full Bikini. When full Bikini is mentioned, I think of Brazil. That would be in keeping with Total Body Wax for $35.

I trust this answers what you get for $35. While one might still have questions, I think I have answered as best I can.

There are two other major concerns that I will post separately on, that is Laundry and the other was Massage. I have pics. of prices that I can only do once I get home. As well, I will do my review of this cruise.

The one thing you must do that I alluded to earlier was to pre-purchase anything you would use on-board. The prices will be better.

FMZ

DW came back from her $35 Total Body Wax, it is a bargain. For the ladies, if you are into this, an absolute bargain.

While I have a picture of the price list, it is a technical issue to get it here from a SD card on an Apple computer that I am not familiar with. I will post the pic. once I get home.

Here are the individual onboard prices and keep in mind, there is a 15% service charge to be added. There is NO opportunity to purchase onboard the the Total Body Wax sold pre-cruise for $35. For any service you think you might buy on the ship, pre-purchase it.

Full leg. $38.50

Half leg. $27.50

Bikini. $27.50

Under arms. $13.50

Eye brows. $ 9.00

Upper lip. $ 9.00

Back to DW, she made a booking for today, the Total Body Wax service at $35 is only done on port days, I see the reasoning as there is less demand and longer time may be required. Well, the technician thought 2 hours would be necessary and then with input as to needs from DW, one and one half hour was set aside.

If you were to purchase each individual service that comprise the Total Body Wax, then it would be $97.50, once you add a 15% service fee at $14.62, the onboard price would be $112.12 onboard vs. $35 pre- cruise. Of course, this is only of interest to those who would use the service. Although it is a bargain, it was of no interest to me.

While DW had the Total Body Wax, I went to the Aurea Spa Thermal Suite. I got back to the cabin and lo and behold DW got back before me. Not to start a war, DW did tip, since there was no service charge.

I’ll deal with Bikini separately. DW had most services performed and was pleased with the results.

Bikini - I have to tread softly here and rely on what DW told me, DW indicated that one could have limited Bikini done or full Bikini. When full Bikini is mentioned, I think of Brazil. That would be in keeping with Total Body Wax for $35.

I trust this answers what you get for $35. While one might still have questions, I think I have answered as best I can.

There are two other major concerns that I will post separately on, that is Laundry and the other was Massage. I have pics. of prices that I can only do once I get home. As well, I will do my review of this cruise.

The one thing you must do that I alluded to earlier was to pre-purchase anything you would use on-board. The prices will be better.

Thank you so much for the detailed feedback. Does seem like a great deal! Can you please ask your wife if she had a hard time going into the water after the services?

• 2 months later...
Sounds like a really great bargain! Unfortunately there are many onboard services that we can't pre-book. :(

I'm considering purchasing this for my wife, but I have some questions. Be gentle, I'm a little out of my realm of expertise here.

Would a woman have to let her leg hair grow for a few days to take advantage of a leg wax? I'm not sure my wife would be ok with that while we are on vacation. Haha.

And, as mentioned above, should she stay out of the sun and water for the rest of the day? (Again, that sounds like a bummer on a Caribbean vacation).

Thanks for the help.

I'm considering purchasing this for my wife, but I have some questions. Be gentle, I'm a little out of my realm of expertise here.

Would a woman have to let her leg hair grow for a few days to take advantage of a leg wax? I'm not sure my wife would be ok with that while we are on vacation. Haha.

And, as mentioned above, should she stay out of the sun and water for the rest of the day? (Again, that sounds like a bummer on a Caribbean vacation).

Thanks for the help.

Your hair must be about 1/4 inch long in order to wax. This usually requires two or more weeks of growth - not just a few days.

If you expose freshly waxed skin to water (even the shower), it can cause irritation and ingrown hairs. It is advised to refrain from getting wet or being in direct sunlight for 24 hours.