Seaside YC

sugarnyc

Just about to book the YC on the Seaside. My stateroom will be on Deck 18. Any issues with noise, etc.... since the pool is on Deck 19? I usually book a stateroom with staterooms above mine.

On a cruise to St Martin, PR and Bahamas. Would you say Port or Starboard is better?

Thanks!

Just about to book the YC on the Seaside. My stateroom will be on Deck 18. Any issues with noise, etc.... since the pool is on Deck 19? I usually book a stateroom with staterooms above mine.

On a cruise to St Martin, PR and Bahamas. Would you say Port or Starboard is better?

Thanks!

I'll be on deck 18 on the 3/24 cruise. The area above the cabins on deck 18 is for YC passengers only.... So there will not be alot of foot traffic in this area, due to limited passenger access, and I would assume dead quiet during the night hours.

Currently on deck 18. Has been very quiet!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Mary,

If you are in a YC balcony on 18 can you confirm that there are 2 US style electrical outlets at the desk and 2 Euro style outlets. It's hard to see any Euro ones on Erollers pics but I think they are possibly behind the phone in the picture.

Also, has your Butler been good? Are you port or starboard?

Do you know if they have Splenda in the YC?

Thanks in advance. Enjoy the rest of your cruise!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app

There will not be much passenger traffic but the main issue with being under the pool deck is the crew cleaning and moving chairs around early morning and late evening. This is the reason I booked Deck 16.

That is why I asked, bc I never had a stateroom below a pool deck.

There are only a few staterooms in the YC now for the cruise I am going on and all on Deck 18.

I was on the Divina in the YC but not under the pool.

Deck 18 YC is awsome as it is nice to walk to lounge/resturant with no elevator...esp after several beverages :cool:

Cheers!

That is why I asked, bc I never had a stateroom below a pool deck.

There are only a few staterooms in the YC now for the cruise I am going on and all on Deck 18.

I was on the Divina in the YC but not under the pool.

Thanks!

The crew washes and cleans the deck at night.

Was on the February 17th Seaside sailing in YC. We were on deck 18, cabin #18036, Starboard side. Cabin Steward Anna Lee or Anna Lisa not 100% sure was amazing!!! Butler was always visible however we did not utilize his services. Cabin size and storage was awesome. The shower was wonderful!! We are night owls so we did not hear any noise from the deck 19 during the night, but we were woken up each morning at 7:00am to the noise of chairs being put out. The noise lasted until 8:00am. Ear plugs helped a little but we still heard the noise. We are early risers anyway, but because of the noise we got the day started a little earlier which was fine with us.....

Was on the February 17th Seaside sailing in YC. We were on deck 18, cabin #18036, Starboard side. Cabin Steward Anna Lee or Anna Lisa not 100% sure was amazing!!! Butler was always visible however we did not utilize his services. Cabin size and storage was awesome. The shower was wonderful!! We are night owls so we did not hear any noise from the deck 19 during the night, but we were woken up each morning at 7:00am to the noise of chairs being put out. The noise lasted until 8:00am. Ear plugs helped a little but we still heard the noise. We are early risers anyway, but because of the noise we got the day started a little earlier which was fine with us.....

I appreciate the information you gave me! Thanks!

Mary,

If you are in a YC balcony on 18 can you confirm that there are 2 US style electrical outlets at the desk and 2 Euro style outlets. It's hard to see any Euro ones on Erollers pics but I think they are possibly behind the phone in the picture.

Also, has your Butler been good? Are you port or starboard?

Do you know if they have Splenda in the YC?

Thanks in advance. Enjoy the rest of your cruise!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app

Hi, sorry so late in getting back to you. There are definitely 2 US electrical outlets at the desk and one euro outlet where the nespresso machine is kept. I am not sure what is behind the phone.

Butler has been great. We were in cabin 18034 and after i posted how quiet it was (and for the most part it was!) i heard some moving of the furniture above us. I can tell you that at night we did not hear anything. Sleep was uninterrupted. Plenty of Splenda around the ship - I actually brought from home and didn't need it!

I was surprised to find there are absolutely no outlets on either side of bed. Husband uses a CPAP machine and always brings an extension so that came in handy.

Enjoy your cruise! We had fantastic service all week.