December 2019 - January 2020 Sailings

Desert Cruisers

If Cunard follows the itinieraries of recent years, the last QM2 WB Southampton-New York sailing would be Dec 15-22, 2019. That is followed by the Christmas voyage to the Caribbean. The last EB would be Jan 3-10, 2020. Then she's on her world voyage so no transatlantic crossings until mid-May of 2020.

The press release stating "Luxury cruise brand, Cunard, has today unveiled its January to May 2019 programme ..." is dated March 13, 2017. If Cunard keeps to the same timing this year, we should learn sometime around mid-March if any of the three Queens will be making westbound crossings in January 2020.

Regards, John

Some of Queen Victoria's 2020 schedule has already started to appear on a few US cruise booking sites. It looks like another circumnavigation of South America is in the works for QV in 2020 (including another voyage up the Amazon) with the option to start/end in Hamburg. Here is what I am seeing so far for QV's 2020 schedule.

Dec 23, 2019-Jan 6, 2020 (10 Days Canary Islands) - Southampton, Lanzarote, Gran Canaria, Tenerife, La Palma Island, Funchal, Lisbon, Southampton

Jan 6-10, 2020 (4 Days Europe) - Southampton, Hamburg, Southampton

Jan 10-Mar 28, 2020 (78 Days World/Exotic) - Southampton, Hamilton, Port Canaveral, Fort Lauderdale, San Juan, Bridgetown, Macapa, Manaus, Santarem, Macapa, Salvador, Rio de Janeiro, Montevideo, Buenos Aires, Puerto Madryn, Beagle Channel, Ushuaia, Cape Horn, Punta Arenas, Amaila Glacier, Pio XI Glacier, Puerto Montt, Santiago, Coquimbo, Arica, Callao, Manta, Fuerte Amador, Panama Canal, Cartagena, Curacao, Fort Lauderdale, Ponta Delgada, Southampton

Mar 28-30, 2020 - Southampton, Hamburg

Specifically to the OP's question, the dates of QV's westbound crossing (from Southampton to Florida) in January 2020 appear to be

Jan 10, 2020 - Southampton

Jan 17, 2020 - Hamilton

Jan 20, 2020 - Port Canaveral

Jan 21, 2020 - Fort Lauderdale

Regards, John

• 3 weeks later...
The press release stating "Luxury cruise brand, Cunard, has today unveiled its January to May 2019 programme ..." is dated March 13, 2017. If Cunard keeps to the same timing this year, we should learn sometime around mid-March if any of the three Queens will be making westbound crossings in January 2020.

Regards, John

Queen Elizabeth will be based in Melbourne and Sydney for Dec 2019 and Jan, Feb and part of March in 2019 (recently announced).

Here is what I think we know so far about QE's itineraries for her December 2019 - March 2020 Australian season based on information gleaned from a couple Carnival Corporation press releases.

December 14, 2019 - Arrive Melbourne

December 25, 2019 - Cruising the Tasman Sea

December 26, 2019 - Fiordland National Park

December 31, 2019 - Auckland

February 15, 2020 - Depart Melbourne for Sydney

QE will operate four round trips from Melbourne including cruises to New Zealand, South Australia, and Tasmania.

She will operate two round trips from Sydney during February-March 2020 including a 14-night cruise to Papua New Guinea with calls to the Conflict Islands and Kiriwina.

Other calls we know about from the press releases will be to Esperance, Albany, Whitsunday Islands, and Darwin.

I have not yet seen anything about QM2's 2020 schedule.

Full details will be released March 13 and voyages will go on sale March 20.

Regards, John

Edited by bluemarble

Hello,

Can you see anything in November 2019 for the QE and QV?

The QV back in Southampton on 4th November after the Canaries cruise. After that all I've got is the Canaries cruise on 23rd December-6th January.

The QE is back from the Canaries on 1st November but then what before she leaves for Australia in December?

Hello,

The QV back in Southampton on 4th November after the Canaries cruise. After that all I've got is the Canaries cruise on 23rd December-6th January.

The QE is back from the Canaries on 1st November but then what before she leaves for Australia in December?

No, I'm not seeing anything yet for what QV will be doing between November 4, 2019 and December 23, 2019 either. Nor am I seeing anything yet for what QE will be doing between November 1, 2019 and her arrival in Melbourne in December.

No, I'm not seeing anything yet for what QV will be doing between November 4, 2019 and December 23, 2019 either. Nor am I seeing anything yet for what QE will be doing between November 1, 2019 and her arrival in Melbourne in December.

Wouldn't be surprised if QE came to Australia via Caribbean, Panama and the Pacific.

Interested in the World Cruises for 2020 so hoping to see them soon.

Just a couple more weeks to wait now. At least I presume 2020 world voyage information will be part of Cunard's March 13 announcement.

I think we know QV will be doing a circumnavigation of South America in 2020. And we know QE will be repositioning to Australia to do six round trips from Melbourne (not four as I stated incorrectly in a previous post) and two round trips from Sydney.

That leaves QM2 whose schedule we don't know yet for early 2020. This is pure speculation on my part, but I wonder if QM2 might do a full world circumnavigation in 2020. QE has filled that role the past couple years and QV will be doing that in 2019. I figure it's QM2's turn to do a full around-the-world voyage including crossing the Pacific in 2020 as she last did in 2016 since we know QV and QE won't be doing that in 2020.

Time will tell.

Just a couple more weeks to wait now. At least I presume 2020 world voyage information will be part of Cunard's March 13 announcement.

I think we know QV will be doing a circumnavigation of South America in 2020. And we know QE will be repositioning to Australia to do six round trips from Melbourne (not four as I stated incorrectly in a previous post) and two round trips from Sydney.

That leaves QM2 whose schedule we don't know yet for early 2020. This is pure speculation on my part, but I wonder if QM2 might do a full world circumnavigation in 2020. QE has filled that role the past couple years and QV will be doing that in 2019. I figure it's QM2's turn to do a full around-the-world voyage including crossing the Pacific in 2020 as she last did in 2016 since we know QV and QE won't be doing that in 2020.

Time will tell.

cruises now availble on UK ta's

Hello,

These cruises are now showing on Cunard's website, Including a trip to Norway on the QV in November to see the Northern Lights. Brrrrrrrr

These cruises are now showing on Cunard's website, Including a trip to Norway on the QV in November to see the Northern Lights. Brrrrrrrr

Thanks for the heads-up. We now know the itinerary for QM2's 2020 world voyage. Similar to prior years, she won't be doing a full world circumnavigation.

10 Jan - 18 Apr 2020 (99 nights) - Southampton, Lisbon, Naples, Haifa, Port Said, Suez Canal, Suez, Aqaba, Dubai, Muscat, Colombo, Phuket, Penang, Port Kelang, Singapore, Phu My, Nha Trang, Hong Kong, Bitung, Darwin, Airlie Beach, Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Busselton, Fremantle, Mauritius, Reunion, Durban, Port Elizabeth, Cape Town, Walvis Bay, Tenerife, Madeira, Southampton

Looks like Cunard may be teasing another Alaska season for QE in 2020 similar to the upcoming 2019 season. They are showing a "Japan and Alaska" voyage on QE from Yokohama to Vancouver in May-June 2020 which includes Kodiak to Vancouver followed by a 10-day round trip from Vancouver. It remains to be seen if they will follow that up with additional round trips from Vancouver in 2020 as is the case for 2019.

Does anyone have a source for the specific dates for the 2020 world cruises? I'm especially interested in QM2 dates in SE Asia as we may be there and have a chance to do a segment.

Details for the 2020 voyages can be found on Cunard's web site. Here's a page from Cunard's site for North America showing the itinerary details for voyage M002C which is the full 113-day QM2 2020 world voyage starting and ending in New York.

http://www.cunard.com/cruise-search/book-a-cruise/cruises/qm/3222-m002c-nyc1-nyc2/ports-and-excursions/

Here are the dates for the port calls within SE Asia during QM2's 2020 world voyage.

09 Feb - Phuket (anchor)

10 Feb - Penang

11 Feb - Port Kelang

12 Feb - Singapore

13 Feb - Singapore

15 Feb - Phu My

16 Feb - Nha Trang (anchor)

18 Feb - Hong Kong

19 Feb - Hong Kong

23 Feb - Bitung

Concerning segments specifically for SE Asia on QM2's 2020 world voyage, here is what I am seeing as being offered at the moment.

Voyage M004B - Dubai to Sydney (36 nights, 30 Jan - 6 Mar 2020). This is the shortest segment that visits all of the SE Asia ports but of course does not start/stop in SE Asia.

For voyage segments that start in SE Asia, your choices are departures from Singapore or Hong Kong (assuming you count Hong Kong as being within SE Asia since some sources do not). Here are the shortest segments departing from those ports.

Voyage M005A - Singapore to Sydney (22 nights, 13 Feb - 6 Mar 2020)

Voyage M006A - Hong Kong to Sydney (17 nights, 18 Feb - 6 Mar 2020)

Likewise, for voyage segments that end in SE Asia, your choices are arrivals in Singapore or Hong Kong. Here are the shortest segments arriving in those ports.

Voyage M004 - Dubai to Singapore (14 nights, 30 Jan - 13 Feb 2020)

Voyage M004A - Dubai to Hong Kong (19 nights, 30 Jan - 18 Feb 2020)

It's possible more segments may be offered later, but those are what I am seeing currently listed on Cunard's web site.

Hope this helps some,

John

Hi,

Got a heads-up from Cunard with the 2020 WC itineraries; I was hoping QM2 would revisit ports in the Far East like 2019 but alas-no; she’s giving a lot of time to southern Australia. Cunard is obviously pushing the Aussie market for all it’s worth. So looks like I’ll be looking elsewhere for lots of Far Eastern ports-much like my QE W/C in 2016 with many Asian stops. NOT HAPPY:(:(:(