Will you or did you wear your dress all day or change?

I was planning on a carnival cruise wedding until I saw the pricing went up (I see they changed the packages again but oh well) so instead we will be getting married in the morning with a brief 2 hour reception afterwards and then us and our families will go on a four day cruise. I was planning on wearing my dress all day but my mom thinks I should change after the reception to maybe a white dress to wear for boarding the ship and the rest of the day. Did anyone get married off board and still wear their dress? Or did anyone wear their dress all day in general? Thanks

My wife and I got married on the Magic, and she was in her dress from probably 11am-6pm. She was over it by then.. probably the corset more than anything though. She loved all the compliments from everyone. Her favorite was from a small little girl who spoke spanish, and said "hermosa" which is beautiful in spanish.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
My wife and I got married on the Magic, and she was in her dress from probably 11am-6pm. She was over it by then.. probably the corset more than anything though. She loved all the compliments from everyone. Her favorite was from a small little girl who spoke spanish, and said "hermosa" which is beautiful in spanish.

I just booked my wedding on Magic for Jan 2020 and would appreciate any tips! I decided on an embarkation day wedding. We wanted something small an intimate, but had 52 people book the cruise the first day, so now our goal is to keep it under 100 people!

I just booked my wedding on Magic for Jan 2020 and would appreciate any tips! I decided on an embarkation day wedding. We wanted something small an intimate, but had 52 people book the cruise the first day, so now our goal is to keep it under 100 people!

Congrats on your wedding, and WOW at all the people coming. We had roughly 45 attend our wedding.

Carnival recently changed their packages, so a lot of the info I could give you regarding that would be slightly outdated, however, I would just stay in constant contact with the company. Always ask questions, and sometimes, you may get 3 different answers. If you have any specifics, please feel free to ask. Also, I believe the Magic will no longer be in Port Canaveral at that time, so I might not be able to give any help with your embarkation port either. I have a thread that was more specific to our wedding, if you'd like to read through that a little as well.

Congrats on your wedding, and WOW at all the people coming. We had roughly 45 attend our wedding.

Carnival recently changed their packages, so a lot of the info I could give you regarding that would be slightly outdated, however, I would just stay in constant contact with the company. Always ask questions, and sometimes, you may get 3 different answers. If you have any specifics, please feel free to ask. Also, I believe the Magic will no longer be in Port Canaveral at that time, so I might not be able to give any help with your embarkation port either. I have a thread that was more specific to our wedding, if you'd like to read through that a little as well.

Thanks! I'll look for your link. :)

• 3 weeks later...
I was planning on a carnival cruise wedding until I saw the pricing went up (I see they changed the packages again but oh well) so instead we will be getting married in the morning with a brief 2 hour reception afterwards and then us and our families will go on a four day cruise. I was planning on wearing my dress all day but my mom thinks I should change after the reception to maybe a white dress to wear for boarding the ship and the rest of the day. Did anyone get married off board and still wear their dress? Or did anyone wear their dress all day in general? Thanks

I am getting married in Cozumel Mexico while in port, on the Carnival Victory. I Have my hair and makeup apt at 12, wedding starts at 4:30. I plan on wearing my dress from 1pm to 3 am lol. We are all meeting up back on the ship after the wedding and I plan to wear my dress and veil the whole time. You only get to wear it once so wear it as long as you'd like!

• 1 year later...

I’m doing an embarkment day wedding and plan on changing my dress 3 times! It’s not as crazy as it’s sound seeing that the top all see through lace layer of my wedding dress comes completely off for a reception dress. Then I found this amazing $30 dress that I can really party in! It fits my lace beach theme and looks so good with my crown, wedding jewelry, and wedding shoes. 

Below is the “third dress”.

69BFE0DC-93DE-43BA-BAFE-C1D73D6B10D5.thumb.png.37cc8654b00fc3b78f47ab5078f2569a.png

Edited by Rzexmail

I got married at 1pm and wore mine until after dinner when we went to the club as I didn’t want anyone trampling on my gown. I LOVED wearing my dress every second I did- you only get to do it once so I’d say wear it as long as you can!!! I also wore my veil the entire night as it was finger tip length. 

Edited by jdaley90

• 1 month later...

We got married, went straight back to the ship and changed. Got off the ship and walked around and shopped lol. Only thing I regret is not getting any pics on the ship after the wedding but I was over it and hot lol

Edited by Peachy~Girl

• 2 weeks later...

I'm getting married on the Royal Princess on embarkation day, I plan on wearing it through at least dinner, then I'll have a back up white dress to change into if I'm over it. But according to my timeline I'll be putting it on around 11am-11:30am, so I want to spend most of the day in it.