Azamara Thalasso/steam room Spa hair conditioner brand name?

lahore

Hi, I meant to ask before I got off but of course forgot. I really like the hair conditioner that they have in the two showers in the spa area. This cruise, my first with Azamara, we paid for access to the Thalasso pool area with the consequence that i was always showering up there in spa land. The conditioner was wonderful and is definitely not the same one they have in the rooms (at least not the rooms on deck four). Does anyone know what it is, or could anyone embarking soon be bothered asking for me please?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you can't get an answer I've messaged Kiki, the spa manager on Journey to ask her. I'm thinking they were Elemis, but not 100% sure.

Phil

You are such a WONDERFUL person Phil. Thank you so much. See, I got lots of good things to reflect on with Azamara now :)

In December it was Elemis Revitalise me but I know previously it was a different Elemis product but still great! I have been known to pump a little into a travel pot and take it back to my room when I was going to do my hair in my room shhhh

See you have now gone from a newbie to an expert on Azamara, I suspect you know more about the workings of Azamara than a lot of us who have cruised with them a few times!!!

I’m so glad it worked out in the end.

Would you mind telling me how much it is to use the thalassotherapy pool, I always thought it was only for suite guests and apart from conditioner did you think it was worth it? Thank you.

See you have now gone from a newbie to an expert on Azamara, I suspect you know more about the workings of Azamara than a lot of us who have cruised with them a few times!!!

I’m so glad it worked out in the end.

Would you mind telling me how much it is to use the thalassotherapy pool, I always thought it was only for suite guests and apart from conditioner did you think it was worth it? Thank you.

I’m sure Lahore will give her take on the spa deck but anyone can use the steam room and it’s showers!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Would you mind telling me how much it is to use the thalassotherapy pool, I always thought it was only for suite guests and apart from conditioner did you think it was worth it?

A pass for the cruise (regardless of length) is $99 per person or $160 for a couple. They limit the number of these they sell so if you are thinking you’d like to do it then visit the spa early. I can only speak from my own experience and feel it’s totally worth it to pay for a pass if I’m not in a suite. There’s a nice private terrace with loungers there too, although I don’t think there are enough of them now.

Phil

A pass for the cruise (regardless of length) is $99 per person or $160 for a couple. They limit the number of these they sell so if you are thinking you’d like to do it then visit the spa early. I can only speak from my own experience and feel it’s totally worth it to pay for a pass if I’m not in a suite. There’s a nice private terrace with loungers there too, although I don’t think there are enough of them now.

Phil

Is that all? I was told it was way more than that on the Quest when we sailed last year.

Can you pre buy the spa pool pass??

No and it's done on a first come first served basis when you are on the ship. Some cruises are busier than others, especially those with lots of sea days.

https://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/photos/ships/azamara-journey-410/sanctum-spa-terrace-310464/

Phil

No and it's done on a first come first served basis when you are on the ship. Some cruises are busier than others, especially those with lots of sea days.

https://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/photos/ships/azamara-journey-410/sanctum-spa-terrace-310464/

Phil

Thank you Phil. I have another question and I know it is off topic OP original post. Should I go do this first or book the specialty restaurants first? I want both equally. Thanks again

Kathy

Thank you Phil. I have another question and I know it is off topic OP original post. Should I go do this first or book the specialty restaurants first? I want both equally. Thanks again

Kathy

There should be a Specialties desk set up before you get on the ship, just after check in so you could do that then and go to the spa when you board. I wouldn’t panic though. You’ll be fine if you do both on the ship in either order.

Phil

There should be a Specialties desk set up before you get on the ship, just after check in so you could do that then and go to the spa when you board. I wouldn’t panic though. You’ll be fine if you do both on the ship in either order.

Phil

Thanks again your like a walking breathing cruising encyclopedia of knowledge. Good to learn things from you as you always know the answer. Not that it is any of my business but how many cruises have you been on to gain such a wealth of information?

Kathy

Hi all

Thanks for the answers about elemis. Sadly it is challenging to buy online in Australia, at least not without the cost of postage from OS being the same as the cost of the product. Will keep looking though, and would be great to have confirmation from Kiki if you get a response thank you Phil.

For everyone else, if you weren’t following my long and sad story I had a bad experience with Azamara which they fully remediated with a free cruise and OBC. I used the OBC to pay for the Thalasso area so it was zero cost to me, but it would normally have been $125 for one or $165 for a couple for our 14 night cruise. We bought the couple package. It is definitely true that anyone can use the steam room and the showers. In this aspect (and many others) Azamara is identical to Oceania. The Thalasso pool is quite nice and very relaxing. For us though a major reason we bought it was that it’s very private up there and if you have a cabin without a balcony it’s sort of like your own private balcony, and the showers are larger. For us it was definitely worth it, we aren’t terribly social people and the quiet up there was great. Very relaxing.

Thank you Lahore for the detail, sounds like good value for a 14 day cruise, we are only on for 7 with not much sea time so will decide when we get on board. We haven’t got a balcony either this time.

Jean

Hi all

Thanks for the answers about elemis. Sadly it is challenging to buy online in Australia, at least not without the cost of postage from OS being the same as the cost of the product. Will keep looking though, and would be great to have confirmation from Kiki if you get a response thank you Phil.

Hi lahore. Kiki has confirmed as uktog says that it's Elemis Revatalise me.

Phil

Elemis products are excellent. I was introduced to them in 2009 on my first Azamara cruise. Each time that I have sailed, there were different products. The worst was Something About Rose. It was awful. It dried my hair. After that experience, I learned to never expect the same products on future cruises or hotel stays. I now bring my own products.

6e5feb3f7e2b46023eef9a5dd58bf62f.jpg

Isn’t it wonderful! We got to enjoy it set up for Nights in Private Places. Definitely a lovely deck area to enjoy with the pass or suite access.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So you actually get to sleep....or whatever...... out on deck?

Hi lahore. Kiki has confirmed as uktog says that it's Elemis Revatalise me.

Phil

Oh great, thank you so much Phil. So now I need to find it online from Australia. Off to keep looking, thanks again.