St Johns, Trunk Bay a few photos.

Bosjoe

Thanks very much! Happy to see Trunk Bay has pretty much recovered from the hurricanes. :)

Has the bar/snack area reopened?

No it has not, they were working on it. Also no showers, and only portable potties. You can change in the shower area, but no running water.

• 2 weeks later...
Beautiful pictures. Thank you. We are going middle of May. Am I correct to say no chair/umbrella rentals? Im going either way but want to plan what to bring with me. Thanks

At the time they had chair rentals, I do not recall umbrellas. Things can change by May, I know they were working on the food stand and shop while I was there.

• 2 weeks later...
No it has not, they were working on it. Also no showers, and only portable potties. You can change in the shower area, but no running water.

Hi, was wondering how we would get a group of 9 people over to St. John from St. Thomas to go to this beach? Never been off St. Thomas when we stop there...

Hi, was wondering how we would get a group of 9 people over to St. John from St. Thomas to go to this beach? Never been off St. Thomas when we stop there...

You need to taxi from port(crown bay if using Celebrity or RCCL, other port a couple of dollars cheaper) to red hook. $9pp each way, then ferry over to Cruze bay $8.15pp each way the taxi to Trunk bay. $6pp each way. Currently ferries run every hour due to the hurricane recovery. Hopefully by summer or later they will go back to every 30 mins.

Check ships excursions also. RCCL/Celebrity cut their tour time down 2 hours. So better to do on your own. Its pretty simple.

You need to taxi from port(crown bay if using Celebrity or RCCL, other port a couple of dollars cheaper) to red hook. $9pp each way, then ferry over to Cruze bay $8.15pp each way the taxi to Trunk bay. $6pp each way. Currently ferries run every hour due to the hurricane recovery. Hopefully by summer or later they will go back to every 30 mins.

Check ships excursions also. RCCL/Celebrity cut their tour time down 2 hours. So better to do on your own. Its pretty simple.

After I asked this I kept reading and that's pretty much the same conclusion I came to. Thanks for the reply!

Do you need to buy ferry tickets in advance (aka do they sell out?) or can you just purchase one when you show up at Red Hook?

You buy them when you show up at Red Hook. Not sure if you can buy them in advance.