Shopping deals? I don’t think so.

nbxrox

Just got back from my cruise on the oasis of the seas. Felt like one long marketing ploy to get you to buy stuff. I finally relented and purchased a Watch that was supposed to be 75% off. Which it was off of the manufacturers suggested retail price. I get home only to find the exact same watch on Groupon for half the price I paid. Their price match policy does not include process found on the Internet so I have to spend time trying to locate this watch at a better price at home. I suspect the alcohol prices they continue to tell you are so good probably aren’t as great either. I don’t know if all cruises are like this but if they are, this will be my last one. I feel like you’re captive on their ship and they are tryouts by to suck money out of your wallet.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So let me get this straight. YOU bought a watch and it's their fault? I had no issue saying "thanks but no thanks" to any deal they had, either on the ship or off. Cruising isn't for everyone but not going back because YOU bought the watch takes the cake.

I don’t know if all cruises are like this but if they are, this will be my last one. I feel like you’re captive on their ship and they are tryouts by to suck money out of your wallet

If shopping was the only thing you did on the ship, you might be right. Cruising is not for you. I have to admit on my first cruises, I was lured by the “port presentations” that I quickly realized were shopping presentations, etc. I do not attend them at all anymore.

We cruise for the ports, entertainment, relaxing, watching the sea, spending time with whoever we’re cruising with, doing whatever we want without lifting a finger to do work, etc. NOT shopping!

Not saying you can't come here to vent (plenty of us do!), this isn't really a place where you will find many other cruise-haters....

Maybe once your initial frustration wears off, you will explore the site and find out the better things cruising has to offer. Wonderful resources here, if you glance through the threads. If not... *shrugs* enjoy the form of travel that works best for you.