Be careful with half off second guest promo!

tcmac1

I wasn’t posting in response to Jazzbeau’s post, just saying that prices can go down with promotions, contrary to what seems to be the consensus on this forum at the moment.

You quoted my post so I assumed you were replying to the question posed of Host Jazzbeau. Yes, understand the supply and demand thing. I just don't understand Azamara's pricing strategy. The 7th July cruise seems wide open in most categories at the moment. £4,700 in a window cabin for 9 nights is more than I'm prepared to pay and obviously it's a general feeling because there are lots of categories still available. I wonder when the cabins will start disappearing? I believe it's at that time they are sending them off to their consolidators. I have no proof this is what is happening and unfortunately I can't share the names of the two of them here, but they are both US based. I'm keeping an eye out for my June cruises too just as a matter of interest.

The pricing is very confusing. Well, it's extremely confusing with all of the offers flying around, but of course that is probably part of the plan. It's hard work and now I just look at the itinerary, number of days and see what the bottom line figure is. I don't work on offers because most of the time they aren't.

Phil

Phil, there are a number of 2019 cruises already in the hands of U.K. travel agents who then package them with flights and land stays. It’s actually possible to book cruise, stay & flight packages at prices lower than cruise only! A couple have been temping us[emoji57]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Phil, there are a number of 2019 cruises already in the hands of U.K. travel agents who then package them with flights and land stays. It’s actually possible to book cruise, stay & flight packages at prices lower than cruise only! A couple have been temping us[emoji57]

Thanks for that John!

Phil

Bob, I wish I could say the same and you know I’ve been a big fan of Celebrity, but I’ve had this feeling on the last few Cruises on them that it just isn’t the same. As recently as Christmas on Constellation. Far too many of the crew seem dissatisfied and unhappy, something I have never encountered on Azamara. I’m willing to give it a go, keep an open mind on Celebrity Solstice in April and see. I’ll keep next year on Eclipse regardless because of the people I’m going with, but that might be it.

Azamara are playing the pricing game much more actively now. As a solo traveller even those deals are selective upon cabin category. Next year's Rio to Lisbon on Pursuit has 150% solo traveller supplement in suites, but not other categories. It used to be easy, but now you really have to drill down..

Phil

I was just on Solstice in December on a New Zealand to Australia cruise. We had a Concierge Balcony Cabin and the service was very good. The only issue I had on the entire cruise was getting decaf coffee the first two days of the cruise in the buffet. It seemed that there were more people who wanted decaf than they expected, and one coffee machine kept breaking! I saw no issues with staff at all. We are Elite Members and I have never had more cheerful wait staff and bartenders than we did at the daily Elite cocktail hour. Solstice was a lovely ship and crew.

We just booked our first Azamara cruise to Cuba in January because the cruise itinerary was the best one we found going there. We also managed to book during the semi secret Valentines promotion and got a hefty OBC as well as the buy one get one half off price and internet.

I was just on Solstice in December on a New Zealand to Australia cruise. We had a Concierge Balcony Cabin and the service was very good. The only issue I had on the entire cruise was getting decaf coffee the first two days of the cruise in the buffet. It seemed that there were more people who wanted decaf than they expected, and one coffee machine kept breaking! I saw no issues with staff at all. We are Elite Members and I have never had more cheerful wait staff and bartenders than we did at the daily Elite cocktail hour. Solstice was a lovely ship and crew.

We just booked our first Azamara cruise to Cuba in January because the cruise itinerary was the best one we found going there. We also managed to book during the semi secret Valentines promotion and got a hefty OBC as well as the buy one get one half off price and internet.

That's great to hear. Thanks for the feedback and enjoy your first Azamara!

Phil

Doesn’t happen to U.K. bookers. Our July cruise went down by $1500. To get the price we had to cancel, lose our £500 deposit, then rebook with a new deposit. Still saved us £1000 so it was worth it.

:(:(:(

You quoted my post so I assumed you were replying to the question posed of Host Jazzbeau.

Phil

Sorry - I think I misread your question in which you quoted Jazzbeau and put in a response to a question not meant for me.

I agree with you about promotions, but when there is one it’s worth checking the bottom line price against what you paid for the same cruise. Although I probably won’t bother for my 2019 North Cape booking as I got 4 free nights plus onboard booking discount, and I know those cruises are rarely included in promotions.

Which cruise?

Phil

September 10, 2018 10-night Jewels of the Med Voyage

It was one of the featured cruises under the BOGOHO offer on the Azamara home page. I checked because someone had earlier claimed this offer doesn't apply to suites.

September 10, 2018 10-night Jewels of the Med Voyage

It was one of the featured cruises under the BOGOHO offer on the Azamara home page. I checked because someone had earlier claimed this offer doesn't apply to suites.

Thanks. Yes, the pricing for the CWs is lower on that cruise for sure. I checked the other categories if you aren’t looking to spend that much and they certainly aren’t bargains though.

Phil

The crazy one for me was an Alaskan cruise where the Club continent Suites and the Club Ocean Suites were discounted with the BOGOHO offer but the Club World Suites were not - even though all cabins were available in the top two categories.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=55288668&postcount=8

Read the post quoted and Bonnie’s response.

That wasn't because of a price drop, which is covered by the price guarantee (if booked in US dollars). The cancellation/rebooking had to be done to take advantage of extra OBC.

The price guarantee doesn't apply to Australian bookings either, which is why I book in US$ and transfer to (or book with) our Orlando TA.

That wasn't because of a price drop, which is covered by the price guarantee (if booked in US dollars). The cancellation/rebooking had to be done to take advantage of extra OBC.

The price guarantee doesn't apply to Australian bookings either, which is why I book in US$ and transfer to (or book with) our Orlando TA.

It was because of a promo which most price drops are tagged to.