Oasis of the Seas Stateroom 6642

onesphinx2004

• 9 months later...
  • 7 years later...

OK, you do realize that over the years hundreds of people have stayed in this stateroom since the thread was initiated 8 years ago, right? :D Please be a little more specific as to just what your concerns or questions are. :) But let me try to help.

6642 is a Junior Suite category stateroom that will be the same as any other JS on Oasis class ships. But specific to that stateroom, it is a connecting room, which means - as with any similar hotel room - there will be a door connecting that stateroom to the one adjacent, which in this case is 6644. There is a possibility of more noise being detected between the rooms as a result. So if a connecting stateroom would not be your preference, then don't book it.

However, it is on the center of the hump, so it will have a larger balcony than JS's not on the hump location. The extension over the side of the ship offers nice views fore and aft as well. It also is very nicely and conveniently positioned to the central elevator and stair lobby, which is very good in most people's opinion.. And no, there is no noise issue from that location as you are down the hall from the lobby. There is a lifeboat below and just forward of you that may restrict some of your direct downward view, but that really is a minor issue. You also have staterooms only above.

You are also very convenient to the Boardwalk and only 2 decks below Central Park. This location is also convenient to the MDR. We have stayed in 6240 - which is not a connecting stateroom - on the Port side of Allure (sister ship to Oasis) and liked the stateroom very much. Very similar location. Hope this helps.

BTW most of this information can be found by looking at the deck plans on the RCI website.....

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Yikes. Sorry for asking....Obviously I know tons of people have stayed in this room.

I was really just wondering about the Pullman. I haven’t found much info on where it is located. Not very many junior suites have a Pullman. This one does.

There is no info on where it is located on the website. I commented on this post so I didn’t start a new one asking about a room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was said in fun. So many of the stateroom questions are asked with no specific questions - your original post included - that it is hard to know how to help with a response. And that is probably why so many of those questions (as was the case with this thread) go unanswered. Not knowing what you were concerned about, all I was trying to do was help with whatever information I could provide.

As to the Pullman location, I am not sure on that but hopefully someone else will know. I believe it is over the couch, but with a connecting stateroom that may not be the case.

Enjoy your cruise.

I'm sorry I misunderstood your joke. Yesterday was a crappy day so I apologize for my snippy response.

Totally understand what you mean about the questions going unanswered. I will be more specific next time.

I found a video of a similar room on the Allure. It looks like it is over the bed. Hoping that is not the case. Oh well at where ever it is it will still be much more space in a JS rather than the Balcony that we had originally booked.

It was said in fun. So many of the stateroom questions are asked with no specific questions - your original post included - that it is hard to know how to help with a response. And that is probably why so many of those questions (as was the case with this thread) go unanswered. Not knowing what you were concerned about, all I was trying to do was help with whatever information I could provide.

As to the Pullman location, I am not sure on that but hopefully someone else will know. I believe it is over the couch, but with a connecting stateroom that may not be the case.

Enjoy your cruise.

I'm sorry I misunderstood your joke. Yesterday was a crappy day so I apologize for my snippy response.

Totally understand what you mean about the questions going unanswered. I will be more specific next time.

I found a video of a similar room on the Allure. It looks like it is over the bed. Hoping that is not the case. Oh well at where ever it is it will still be much more space in a JS rather than the Balcony that we had originally booked.

No apologies - I could have chosen my words more carefully as well so as not to sound critical. We like the JS's for the space and that location has a great balcony. So it looks like maybe the Pullman is over the bed - hope that won't be a big issue. The room is large enough and getting around it shouldn't be an issue either.

Hopefully you have your answers! As said before, enjoy!