MSC Meraviglia - Cirque Du Soleil shows

RuthCruiser

After much research and many phone calls to customer service (where incorrect information was given out) I think I have this figured out.

Cirque Du Soleil has two different shows -

VIAGGIO – a poetic adventure into the world of color; a painter’s journey into his imagination

SONOR - with sound at its heart, the show takes guests on an auditory adventure

Viaggio will run Monday, Tueday, Wednesday, Thursday is their day off and Sonor will run Friday, Saturday, Sunday. Unfortunately they're off the one day we're at sea.

Each show runs twice a night, 18:45 (6:45pm) and 21:30 (9:30pm)

You can book:

Cocktail and show for $16.50/pp

Enjoy our exclusive signature cocktail, "Mediterranean Dream" s surprising freshness while watching the breathtaking Cirque du Soleil at Sea SONOR show (the cocktail is available with or without alcohol). The package includes the drink only and access to the theater is given thirty (30) minutes before show time.

or

Dinner and show for $ 39.00/pp

Our exclusive table d hôte menu offers an eclectic selection of creative dishes that will be served one hour before the show, previous to the breathtaking Cirque du Soleil at Sea SONOR, which will call upon all your senses at once. The package includes food only. A three course menu will be offered with a choice of main course (meat, fish or vegetarian), the starter and dessert are fixed choices

I was able to call and reserve the date and time that we wanted so we don't have to deal with it when we get on board.

Hope this clears some things up for other cruisers!

• 8 months later...

thanks much..... We are booked for December 2018 a family of 6. A couple of questions:

I take it that to get to see the show you must book one of these two packages? correct? Or can we book a seat with no included drink?

are there reserved seats, if so can this be reserved ahead of time? I see on the website, it gives me the option of pre purchasing the drink or dinner package, but it seems to indicate that you need to choose the date of show on board. I would like to think that booking online way in advance will give us some priority on show date / time?

Which show is better?

thanks much..... We are booked for December 2018 a family of 6. A couple of questions:

I take it that to get to see the show you must book one of these two packages? YES correct? YES Or can we book a seat with no included drink? NO

are there reserved seats,? NO

if so can this be reserved ahead of time? NO

I see on the website, it gives me the option of pre purchasing the drink or dinner package, but it seems to indicate that you need to choose the date of show on board. it is possible to prebook and pay for a set date and time by phoning your MSC office. You can not book on line then phone to choose a day/time. At least This true for the UK site

I would like to think that booking online way in advance will give us some priority on show date / time? NO

Which show is better? That is too subjective to give an answer

Hope this helps

pete