Seaside Specialty Restaurant Menus

cp1824

Butcher's Cut

Ocean Cay

Roy's Asian Market

Attached the two smaller size files.

Anyone know how they will handle Black Card dinners? Will they just treat the same as a dining experience?

I too, am curious about the black card. I just checked on the MSC site for this benefit & these restaurants are not listed

For the ones that are...they are on other ships & says 'tasty' menu dinner (?)

These Seaside restaurants seem mighty expensive. I would be surprised if they let you order anything.

I too, am curious about the black card. I just checked on the MSC site for this benefit & these restaurants are not listed

For the ones that are...they are on other ships & says 'tasty' menu dinner (?)

These Seaside restaurants seem mighty expensive. I would be surprised if they let you order anything.

Which restaurants are listed for Black Card?

That kind of tells you that they haven't updated the site, doesn't it? The only other specialty restaurant on Seaside is the French bistro.

I had thought that MSC was trying to compete with the US mainstream lines. Having their steakhouse being 100% a la carte and overpriced may possibly cut it over in Europe, but it just does not compare when you can go to a steakhouse on Celebrity, Royal, Carnival, and NCL and get the entire experience for a preset price with multiple apps, sides, etc.

I had thought that MSC was trying to compete with the US mainstream lines. Having their steakhouse being 100% a la carte and overpriced may possibly cut it over in Europe, but it just does not compare when you can go to a steakhouse on Celebrity, Royal, Carnival, and NCL and get the entire experience for a preset price with multiple apps, sides, etc.

NCL is a la carte and RCI is trying to be half pregnant with their Chops pricing. Upcharge steaks, upcharge seafood, etc.

NCL is a la carte and RCI is trying to be half pregnant with their Chops pricing. Upcharge steaks, upcharge seafood, etc.
Cagney's on NCL is only a la carte if you want it to be, otherwise it is part of the 3+ specialty restaurant grouping that makes it bearable price wise. All of the lines are trying innovative ways to extract more money out of us, it is just frustrating that MSC has chosen to go 100% a la carte and not included the steakhouse as part of a package, like NCL, or a one stop price of 35-55 like those steakhouses on Carnival, Celebrity and Royal.

Cagney's on NCL is only a la carte if you want it to be, otherwise it is part of the 3+ specialty restaurant grouping that makes it bearable price wise. All of the lines are trying innovative ways to extract more money out of us, it is just frustrating that MSC has chosen to go 100% a la carte and not included the steakhouse as part of a package, like NCL, or a one stop price of 35-55 like those steakhouses on Carnival, Celebrity and Royal.

I will wait a bit and see; the a la carte pricing is not in line with what the market will bear, IMO, and so I'd expect to see a change in pricing or packaging in this case. With NCL you can't go to one restaurant with a flat cover, as you said you have to buy a package of 3. Just this week NCL started adding another 20% gratuity on the package, after a recent price rise. Now a 3 day plan on NCL would cost close to $190 for 2 people. So you are still over $60 a meal and that's a lot more than many of their restaurants were when they were a flat cover charge.

I don't think any steak house on any cruise ship is really worth more than $30, maybe $35, per person when you factor in the food and service you have paid for that you are bypassing to pay for additional food, service (ambiance?) and that seemed to be about the price point on many ships until about 2 years ago and they have just all been in a race to figure out how to present you a $100-150 bill for 2 to have dinner.

Thank you for sharing.

The brunch options look good and very fair priced. Other than that, I won´t be going for any specialty dining either. If I want a steakhouse or seafood place, I could just go in Miami the days before the cruise. Personally, I have never really seen the point. It´s like going out for dinner while staying at an all inclusive resort. I could go without a tomahawk for a week.

Are we sure that the dining experience menu on the last page is only for brunch and not for dinner? They don't even have those items listed on the brunch menu.

Also note that there aren't any drinks listed on that menu as there are on others. I suspect it's missing a few pages.

Well, I would use the 50% on the fatty tuna, caviar, and the seafood tower!

I wonder how long before they exclude those from the 50% offer? I was thinking of using it on the $26 sushi and sashimi. I do wonder if you'll be able to get a sushi appetizer while ordering of the fusion menu? The appetizers there are heavily shellfish (which I don't eat) and the poke they offer as part of the menu seems to be avocado rather than fish.

Edited by MisterBill99

If I thought I was confused before.............

Yes, those prices are beyond ridiculous and won't fly in the US.

MSC emailed me to book dining packages for my January Seaside cruise but when I click on the link they provided me the packages are nowhere to be found. Only drink packages and in-room cakes are available under the "food and beverage" section. Huh?

So if I could access these packages what am I buying? Access to an alternate limited menu? In 20 plus cruises I have never seen a la carte pricing on a specialty restaurant.

At one point a chef's table at the steakhouse was available for $75.00 per person which would be a steal compared to these a la carte prices. But cannot find that option anymore either.

MSC emailed me to book dining packages for my January Seaside cruise but when I click on the link they provided me the packages are nowhere to be found. Only drink packages and in-room cakes are available under the "food and beverage" section. Huh?

So if I could access these packages what am I buying? Access to an alternate limited menu? In 20 plus cruises I have never seen a la carte pricing on a specialty restaurant.

At one point a chef's table at the steakhouse was available for $75.00 per person which would be a steal compared to these a la carte prices. But cannot find that option anymore either.

Totally agree with you. MSC’s website is a total mess. Why advertise something when they are not ready. :rolleyes:

Totally agree with you. MSC’s website is a total mess. Why advertise something when they are not ready. :rolleyes:
I've never seen a more messed up website anywhere in my web surfing travels. The fact that nobody ay MSC has addressed these issues after all the countless and various issues shows their incompetence. You'd think a 6th grader was running their website from his mom and dad's basement.

AM I GLAD YOU DID THIS POSTING......

I am also cruising next month. I went back to my email & tried my link to see if I could get the advertised pricing.

Of coarse not...mine was like yours ...BUT....it linked to my reservation AND I HAVE BEEN REASSIGNED TO ANOTHER CABIN ! I am sure I would not have noticed it until we printed out boarding passes.

NOT THAT IT WOULD MATTER....my original cabin is no longer available !

I am also cruising next month. I went back to my email & tried my link to see if I could get the advertised pricing.

Of coarse not...mine was like yours ...BUT....it linked to my reservation AND I HAVE BEEN REASSIGNED TO ANOTHER CABIN ! I am sure I would not have noticed it until we printed out boarding passes.

Wow, that is crazy! Hope you get it all worked out. Honestly up to now I have not had any of the issues previously reported using MSC's web site, but all of a sudden it seems to be going haywire.

We love specialty dining and visit them frequently on other lines, but its looking like we will stick to the main dining room on Seaside.

Oh my! Do you like your new cabin?!?

I just went on to my booking after reading this and it doesn't show any of my two bookings, one of which is fully paid in YC for February 2018. I am going to call and go back on the website again. :rolleyes: