East Cost Departure / Bayonne-Manhattan / Norwegian Escape/Breakaway vs Royal Anthem

OceanBlueWaters

Hello,

I would love to hear about anyone who has sailed solo on these ships. I am not sure which way I want to go.

Anthem is out of Bayonne. Not a problem.

Norwegian Breakaway/Escape is out of Manhattan. Not a problem.

Norwegian has amazing Studio Lounge which is a plus.

Royal has "virtual" views in studio cabins which also entices me.

Itinerary of course will determine my final decision, but would like to hear any feedback on these two Ships for Solo Traveler.

Thanks! :)

I’ve sailed on breakaway (not as a solo) and anthem as a solo. I have sailed on ncl epic in studio though, so I do have an idea about breakaway studios.

Personally, I’m not a huge fan of studios on the away ships. But my reasons for sailing solo might be different than most. I do one solo trip a year to completely detox. I have no desire to attend the solo events and am perfectly fine to dine alone. So the benefits of the studio concept is lost on me.

I MUCH preferred my solo balcony on anthem. There were days I curled up out there with a book and did nothing but drool on myself all day. The anthem didn’t have anything for solos, but there were great venues to enjoy and the solarium was delightful.

If you are looking for organized solo fun, hands down ncl. If you are ok being on your own, the anthem solo balconies are a tremendous bargain. I have another solo balcony booked for April 2019. If you book early you can get a balcony solo for close to $1,000.

Hope

This helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

I've been on both ships.

The studio on the B'way are small. On the Anthem I was upgraded to an interior so I can't compare studios.

The Bells and Whistles are better on the Anthem.

The virtual Views are basically the same as the Bridge or Aft camera on the regular TV but shown on a dedicated monitor.

IMHO If ALL things being equal I would chose Anthem. It would not take much however to go to the B'way.

• 4 weeks later...

I did the Breakaway 2x- but upgraded from a Studio to a Balcony. ( I did do a studio on the Epic).

I found I liked the Breakaway because of the studio lounge, I was able to play the piano at howl at the moon and fat cats and liked the flexible dinner times. I found that I don't spend much time in the room so the studio was fine.

I do have 2x Escape studios for this year from NYC- the deals for balconies I had in the past are simply gone.

I did like the open area on the Breakaway quite a bit -