Allure of the Seas Cabin 9620 Balcony

Newby33

Hi everyone! My husband decided to book a cruise for us 7 nights Western Caribbean in Nov 2018. I'm very nervous, as this is my first cruise and it's a week long! Can anyone shed some light on the balcony cabins? We are on the 9th deck room 620 (9620). I'm wondering if we should upgrade to a larger room / balcony - how much time is actually spent in your cabin? I'm worried about it being so crowded that I have to stay in my cabin. Also - any info about getting on and off the boat during land days would be nice. I've heard you spend most of the time in line getting on and off the boat. Hope that's not true! Thanks for any info you can provide!

Your cabin , including bathroom, is 182 Sq. Ft. The balcony is 50 sq. ft. With only 2, you will have enough space. You really don't sit in your cabin much as there is so much to do on the ship....I mean, if you're at a resort, how much time do you spend in your room? I'm not sure why you think the ship will be "wall to wall" with folks....the only "crowded times" are when shows let out, really....and you can avoid the crush by waiting until most have left...

A JS is larger and very comfortable, but you will pay a great deal more for that space.

Hi everyone! My husband decided to book a cruise for us 7 nights Western Caribbean in Nov 2018. I'm very nervous, as this is my first cruise and it's a week long! Can anyone shed some light on the balcony cabins? We are on the 9th deck room 620 (9620). I'm wondering if we should upgrade to a larger room / balcony - how much time is actually spent in your cabin? I'm worried about it being so crowded that I have to stay in my cabin. Also - any info about getting on and off the boat during land days would be nice. I've heard you spend most of the time in line getting on and off the boat. Hope that's not true! Thanks for any info you can provide!

Based on over 25 years of cruising experience I offer the following:

Your stateroom will be large enough for the two of you. They are compact but large enough and well laid out.

How much time you spend in the stateroom is entirely up to you. Typically we are there to change clothes and sleep and enjoy our balcony from time to time.

The ship is not crowded as it is large with many different venues to support the passenger load. Perhaps waiting to enter the dining room or theater, or around the pools on sea days will have crowds, but they are in specific locations. I can't imagine where you are getting the idea that you would be forced to be in your stateroom due to crowds. Sorry but that is complete nonsense.

Getting on and off the ship is easy and you do not spend most of your time in lines - again not sure where you are hearing this stuff.

Relax and enjoy your first cruise.

Thank you all for your replies - I've talked to 2 different couples that said their boat was so overcrowded, they couldn't do much of anything - and they also had terrible lines to get on shore. I was thinking they just had a bad experience and that wasn't the "norm". That is the reason I joined this site - I'd like to do my research! Thank you for the positive feedback :)

Extremely subjective statement as to how long you are in your stateroom. I’m not in the room often at all. But my wife lives in the room !!! Not that she wants to but she is chained to the bathroom mirror for hours. Not joking. So a larger balcony stateroom is a must for her due to her hours of dress and makeup time. If you are an up and go person the room size won’t matter but if you plan on sitting in the room or on the balcony the go with a Junior Suite

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you all for your replies - I've talked to 2 different couples that said their boat was so overcrowded, they couldn't do much of anything - and they also had terrible lines to get on shore. I was thinking they just had a bad experience and that wasn't the "norm". That is the reason I joined this site - I'd like to do my research! Thank you for the positive feedback :)

First of all, so as not to offend the Captain when on board, it is not a "boat", it is a "ship". Second, I would have to question what it was the two couples felt they could not do as a result of being overcrowded. I'd also like to know what ship they were on - and how often they cruise. The ships are designed with many open spaces and venues to hold the passenger load on board. Think about it - t would not make sense to overcrowd the vessel - nobody would enjoy cruising if they did! As mentioned, certain areas and venues will get crowded from time to time, but the ships are not overcrowded. Trust me (and as said before, my 25+ years of cruising), they are wrong.

Also, on any cruise we've been on it took no longer than 10 - 15 minutes to disembark at the ports of call. You can come and go as you please as well. If you are concerned about any lines to get off, then just wait a little while to disembark. Unless you have a scheduled excursion, there is no need to hurry of the ship. And if you do have an early excursion, the ship will provide specific times to disembark to avoid delay.

Again, relax and enjoy your cruise.