Which one would you pick?

cruise-kat

Hi everyone....I thought I was set on a solo cruise but now I found another and cannot decide since they both sound so good. Please help me decide. Prices are about the same. Either NCL Escape studio to Bermuda out of NYC... or RRCL Allure out of FLL to Eastern Caribbean on a balcony. I have to fly to either port and airfare is about the same.

Hi everyone....I thought I was set on a solo cruise but now I found another and cannot decide since they both sound so good. Please help me decide. Prices are about the same. Either NCL Escape studio to Bermuda out of NYC... or RRCL Allure out of FLL to Eastern Caribbean on a balcony. I have to fly to either port and airfare is about the same.

I am surprised that the cost for both is similar even if it is a central park balcony. I would go with Allure. I sailed on Allure and enjoyed the cruise and the ship with all its offerings, it is something to experience. Don't be put off by those who say it is too crowded, it is not.

If you do select Allure, you will have to pre book certain shows such as the aqua theater and the broadway play.

I can't foresee ever choosing a solo studio or NCL, so my choice would be the balcony cabin on the Allure.

Thanks everyone....I was looking at the studio since I have never sailed solo before (new widow) and it seems like they help out more with the dining and meeting of other solos. That being said, I would love to have a balcony. Just not sure why the dislike of NCL....never sailed with them before either. In fact besides a short Carnival cruise a couple of years ago, I have not cruised for a very long time. My husband had a hard time getting enough time off of work so we mostly did all inclusive land trips.

I am surprised that the cost for both is similar even if it is a central park balcony. I would go with Allure. I sailed on Allure and enjoyed the cruise and the ship with all its offerings, it is something to experience. Don't be put off by those who say it is too crowded, it is not.

If you do select Allure, you will have to pre book certain shows such as the aqua theater and the broadway play.

It is for an ocean view balcony! :cool:

Recently I was deciding between NCL studio and the Allure balcony and I vote for the Allure as well. I haven't tried NCL yet and would like to because of the solo traveler meetups they have but I looked at some Cruise Compasses that someone posted on the Royal Caribbean page and there were 3 solo cruiser get togethers in one day (I think it was lunch, dinner and something else I can't remember). So perhaps Royal Caribbean is helpful in that area too. Allure also seems to have so many shows and activities to choose from in general that I thought I would be able to keep busy enough. Or just sit on my balcony and enjoy. And now that I found out that there are some ships with studio balconies I might be set with Royal Caribbean afterall.

Tracy :D

Recently I was deciding between NCL studio and the Allure balcony and I vote for the Allure as well. I haven't tried NCL yet and would like to because of the solo traveler meetups they have but I looked at some Cruise Compasses that someone posted on the Royal Caribbean page and there were 3 solo cruiser get togethers in one day (I think it was lunch, dinner and something else I can't remember). So perhaps Royal Caribbean is helpful in that area too. Allure also seems to have so many shows and activities to choose from in general that I thought I would be able to keep busy enough. Or just sit on my balcony and enjoy. And now that I found out that there are some ships with studio balconies I might be set with Royal Caribbean afterall.

Thanks Tracy! I think I've made up my mind...Allure it is! Too bad I'll miss you by a couple of weeks.

I've never cruised RCL, I've only did numerous cruises on NCL and one on Carnival. I love NCL. However saying that I've only cruised in balconies and won't cruise anything less than that. So if you can get an ocean balcony on RCL for about the same price as a studio on NCL, as well, if you are travelling in the winter and starting out in a warmer climate by leaving from FLA. I think you've probably made a good choice choosing RCL.

From all of my research there are small differences between the lines but not enough to worry about. Enjoy your cruise.

Thanks Tracy! I think I've made up my mind...Allure it is! Too bad I'll miss you by a couple of weeks.

Great! The prices on that month were pretty good to pass by, I'm hoping Labor Day Weekend hotel and flight prices aren't too crazy though. I'm pretty excited about this cruise, I hope you have a good time too!!