Voyage personaliser confusion

britichick

Hi,

I'm booked to go on the QV on the 5th May -Fjords. When i log in to the voyage personaliser it kept referring to P&O and Ventura etc etc and i had a Queen bed - i've just gone back and refreshed and it's referring to the QV with a King bed selected. Is anyone else experiencing problems? I was panicking that i'd booked for the wrong ship! (i have checked my booking confirmation!)

I have experienced this in the past I think it is the same IT squad that runs both sites, since it is May when you sail there is plenty of time to sort out the cliches ( I had been put through to the P/O customer services in the passed also)

Even here in the US, on a couple occasions several years ago I was surprised to be presented with the login page to the P&O Cruise Personaliser instead of the Cunard Voyage Personaliser. Mix-ups between the two systems can occur although I haven't seen that here in the US recently. Hopefully it was just a temporary glitch you ran into this time.

Regards, John

• 3 weeks later...

I just ran into some more odd occurrences with the US voyage persoanliser (vp.cunard.com) today while checking out the shore excursions offered on an upcoming voyage.

After viewing the details for one of the excursions, I clicked the "Back" button displayed on that page expecting to return to the list of excursions for that port. Instead I was presented with the login page for the German voyager personaliser (vp.cunard.de)!

At this point I figured I must have been logged out, perhaps because I had spent too much time viewing that particular excursion, so I manually typed the URL for the US voyage personaliser (vp.cunard.com) into my browser's address bar, expecting to have to start over. However, I was surprised to find I was automatically taken back to the point I had left off in the US voyage personliser (the list of shore excursions for the port I had been viewing) without having to log in again.

I then selected another shore excursion and after viewing that excursion's details, I clicked the "Back" button, not sure what to expect. This time I was presented with the login page for the UK voyager personaliser (vp.cunard.co.uk)!

Again I manually typed the URL for the US voyage personaliser into my browser and once again was taken back to the where I had left off without having to log in again. At this point, everything worked as expected within the voyage personaliser. I could view the shore excursion details and the "Back" button worked as expected.

Nothing as odd as being sent to the P&O voyage personaliser to report today, but still some occasional wackiness going on with the voyage personaliser.

Regards, John

Even here in the US, on a couple occasions several years ago I was surprised to be presented with the login page to the P&O Cruise Personaliser instead of the Cunard Voyage Personaliser. Mix-ups between the two systems can occur although I haven't seen that here in the US recently. Hopefully it was just a temporary glitch you ran into this time.

Regards, John

It is possible that it is a browser cache problem - so clearing your browser cache might help?

It is possible that it is a browser cache problem - so clearing your browser cache might help?

Possibly and thanks for the suggestion. However, I have never cruised with P&O and hence have never had a reason to visit the P&O cruise personaliser at "cp.pocruises.com". Therefore it seems hard to envision a scenario where anything in my browser cache would have caused an attempt to access the Cunard voyage personaliser at "vp.cunard.com" to be redirected to the P&O cruise personaliser instead.

Now I do occasionally visit Cunard's UK web site at "cunard.co.uk" via a vpn connection, so it seems less far-fetched that something left over in my browser cache could have caused my recent hiccups where I found myself on the login page of Cunard's UK voyage personaliser while navigating through shore excursions within the US voyage personaliser. But it seems less likely that something in my browser cache would have caused me to be redirected to the login page to Cunard's German voyage personaliser.

Hard to know for sure, but my money's on those being glitches on Cunard's end. I have had no repeat of those recent glitches with the voyage personaliser for what that's worth.

Regards, John

• 4 weeks later...

I booked my Cunard cruise through a web agent, all in English...When I got my confirmation and tried to log into the voyage personalizer, using the UK Cunard website, I am directed to Cunard Germany and have to rely on my web browser auto translator ( no option to change the language). I realized that the cruise agent was in fact German based!! Annoying!

Possibly and thanks for the suggestion. However, I have never cruised with P&O and hence have never had a reason to visit the P&O cruise personaliser at "cp.pocruises.com". Therefore it seems hard to envision a scenario where anything in my browser cache would have caused an attempt to access the Cunard voyage personaliser at "vp.cunard.com" to be redirected to the P&O cruise personaliser instead.

Now I do occasionally visit Cunard's UK web site at "cunard.co.uk" via a vpn connection, so it seems less far-fetched that something left over in my browser cache could have caused my recent hiccups where I found myself on the login page of Cunard's UK voyage personaliser while navigating through shore excursions within the US voyage personaliser. But it seems less likely that something in my browser cache would have caused me to be redirected to the login page to Cunard's German voyage personaliser.

Hard to know for sure, but my money's on those being glitches on Cunard's end. I have had no repeat of those recent glitches with the voyage personaliser for what that's worth.

Regards, John

I think that the same internal IT is shared by many/all of Carnival;s cruise lines. I had booked a cruise with Cunard and later booked a cruise with Princess. To my surprise when I logged in to Princess cruise's web site to put in my information (e.g., passport info) it was already there. Cunard must have linked it somehow.

I think that the same internal IT is shared by many/all of Carnival;s cruise lines. I had booked a cruise with Cunard and later booked a cruise with Princess. To my surprise when I logged in to Princess cruise's web site to put in my information (e.g., passport info) it was already there. Cunard must have linked it somehow.

Yes, Princess and Cunard are tightly connected. They share the same US office address in Santa Clarita, California. And you will probably find that your Princess Captain's Circle number is the same as your Cunard World Club number. I believe that common member number is what allows for the sharing of your profile information between Princess and Cunard in that it's essentially one account for both lines. It's been many years since I last logged in to my Princess account, but I just tried it and I see my Princess profile shows my latest cell phone number that I only recently added to my Cunard profile.

Hi,

I'm booked to go on the QV on the 5th May -Fjords. When i log in to the voyage personaliser it kept referring to P&O and Ventura etc etc and i had a Queen bed - i've just gone back and refreshed and it's referring to the QV with a King bed selected. Is anyone else experiencing problems? I was panicking that i'd booked for the wrong ship! (i have checked my booking confirmation!)

Cunard and the other lines seem to all be run by one IT facility - it may even be in Germany - another cost saving exercise I suppose - It has happed a few times recently and has been 'down' a few times. That's 'progress' for you.

• 10 months later...

The gremlins just struck again for me. I attempted to log in to the Cunard US voyage personaliser as I have been doing every few days to check on my upcoming voyages. After entering my login credentials and clicking login, I was sent to the login page for the P&O cruise personaliser. I then started over from the login page for the US voyage personaliser and everything worked fine that time. But whatever the glitch is that on rare occasions sends me to the P&O cruise personaliser login page is still there.

On 3/29/2018 at 4:17 PM, DT_PB_all_at_sea said:

Cunard and the other lines seem to all be run by one IT facility - it may even be in Germany - another cost saving exercise I suppose - It has happed a few times recently and has been 'down' a few times. That's 'progress' for you.

I believe Cunard and P&O IT are shared and are in the UK. 

I've had middle name/middle initial issues with the VP. Back when you could actually get into your world club info, I updated it to my middle name to match my passport. But I noticed in the VP for my upcoming cruise it had reverted to my middle initial. I had to have my TA update my reservation. 

• 1 month later...

Last year, in post #5 above, I reported on one occasion while viewing a shore excursion in the US voyage personaliser, after clicking the "back" button, I was sent to the login page for the German voyage personaliser (vp.cunard.de). Then later I was sent to the login page for the UK voyage personaliser (vp.cunard.co.uk).

Well, today I can add a new one to that list. At one point while viewing a shore excursion in the US voyage personaliser, when I clicked the "back" button, I was sent to the login page for the Australian voyage personaliser (vp.cunardline.com.au).

This issue is very intermittent. It's almost like you'd think they're using a random number generator to decide when the "back" button should act up and which country it should send you to when it does. And this isn't even anything to do with the new Cunard website which we know has plenty of issues of its own.

Oh, and once again yesterday, I can report that when I attempted to log in to the US voyage personaliser, after clicking the "login" button, I was sent to the login page for the P&O cruise personaliser (cp.pocruises.com). So that intermittent issue is still going on as well.