Tahitian Pearl Resort

SabreSailor

We've booked a post cruise day room at the Tahitian Pearl Resort through PG.

1) Any general thoughts about the resort?

2) How about the restaurant?

3) When does the PG bus pick you up from the resort for the ride to the airport?

4) There supposedly is a bus tour of Tahiti after you are picked up from the ship and before you are dropped at the resort. How long is it? What kinds of things do you see?

Thanks so much!

Gee ... no one else stepped up? So .... I'll answer.

1) Any general thoughts about the resort? Not close to town or much of anything, it is somewhat isloated. Supposedly the resort has been refurbished though I have not been there since the refurbishment. A plus is the black sand beach, beautiful! Large rooms.

2) How about the restaurant? Never have eaten there but the setting is very nice, you can even sit out on the large patio around the pool area.

3) When does the PG bus pick you up from the resort for the ride to the airport? Usually around 3 1/2 hours prior to flight time. It's a long haul back to the airport from this resort.

4) There supposedly is a bus tour of Tahiti after you are picked up from the ship and before you are dropped at the resort. How long is it? What kinds of things do you see? Usually around 1 1/2 hours. You will see a marae in a part like setting and then the cultural museum. This is what I've gone to twice and I assume it remains the same. If you have not been to these two places it's well worth it.

Thanks so much!

I originally booked Tahiti Pearl (directly rather than through PG) for our June 2018 post-cruise.

Based on earlier comments here similar to TBK's above I cancelled and booked instead with Le Meridien Tahiti.

Edited by aerobee

We were there January 27 post cruise. We did not do the tour but went straight to the Pearl. Rooms have new furniture and the bathrooms have been remodeled. The floors in the room were bamboo and “soft” in a few places. The door was a bit banged up/dented. So they have done quite a bit but not a full on, down-to-the-studs remodel. The pool area is very nice. We showered just before checkout at 7. Ate at the open air restaurant. The food was fine. Not gourmet by any stretch but adequate and tasty. Make sure to tell them you are on a time schedule. Service was not particularly fast. The buses loaded up at the hotel at 8 pm.

We were not on the PG air program and just booked the post cruise dayroom and transfer thru PG. the Pearl was $160 cheaper than the IC. For the few hours we were there, it didn’t make sense to us to spend that extra. I probably would not choose the Pearl for an overnight stay.

• 1 month later...

1) Any general thoughts about the resort?

2) How about the restaurant?

3) When does the PG bus pick you up from the resort for the ride to the airport?

4) There supposedly is a bus tour of Tahiti after you are picked up from the ship and before you are dropped at the resort. How long is it? What kinds of things do you see? We did this tour in 2011 and they took us to see a waterfall, a beach park area, and then to the museum home of author James Norman Hall. Informative but this time we are hoping to go straight to the resort after disembarking from the ship.

Thanks so much!

We will be there on the same schedule. In reviewing online info. the infinity pool looks lovely and there is a bar there. The black sand beach looks nice. We have not been there---in 2011 they used the Radisson.

We did this tour in 2011 and they took us to see a waterfall, a beach park area, and then to the museum home of author James Norman Hall. Informative but this time we are hoping to go straight to the resort after disembarking from the ship.

We will be there on the same schedule. In reviewing online info. the infinity pool looks lovely and there is a bar there. The black sand beach looks nice. We have not been there---in 2011 they used the Radisson.

We did this tour in 2011 and they took us to see a waterfall, a beach park area, and then to the museum home of author James Norman Hall. Informative but this time we are hoping to go straight to the resort after disembarking from the ship.

The old Radisson IS the Pearl--change of ownership. The black sand beach is lovely to look at, makes it worth it for me. And the locals do come and swim there, but not sure how desirable it is to swim there, you'd have to be the judge of that.