New to Marella

We are ex OV cruisers thinking of Celebration next winter (Jan 2019) as we like the itineraries.

She would be by far the smallest ship we have been on and are worried about noise in the depending on cabin site.

Most reviews on here are very positive and we would welcome advice on choice of cabin.

Celebration is a lovely ship - you can find your way around easily and it's very friendly

I would recommend an outside plus midships on deck 7 Great for reduced movement and easy access to everywhere on the ship

We're also ex OV cruisers which we loved

Celebration and Spirit have what some call vibration problems which is actually a random oscillation which is apparently caused by the generator in the engine room. This was present when new because the hulls were for container ships bought partially completed in a previous recession. The change to twin propellers and more generation capacity left room for a single low revving generation which wobbles.. There is an engineering solution but it would cost more than the value of the ship. It can be more apparent in different areas of the ship and not just in 'steerage' cabins.

A lot of passengers simply get used to it, I did.

The ship has diesel engines driving the shafts through a gearbox so IMO it is best to avoid cabins near the engines. On a couple of nights my solo cabin on Spirit was like trying to sleep in a dry cement mixer full of gravel. Truly awful so I now avoid those two ships

For balance my single cabin on P&O Ventura was just as bad only it was squeaking and creaking and it lasted the whole cruise.

Yes I agree about vibration on these two ships but Spirit is definitely worse in my experience especially on deck 6 aft

However the rooms towards the middle from 142 forward are without vibration Hubby and I tested this some cruises ago and on Spirit in Sept and Celebration in January we had no vibration in this area we had cabin 131 both times