Live from the Seaside 17th February

nikkiw60

We have just arrived at the terminal it is just gone noon and this is the scene!

With a background of 70’s disco music think I will Survive, In the Navy etc...

Well I just got told off for taking a photo!

So it is quiet at the moment people wise!

TBC...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am standing in a corner waiting for DH to return from dropping of hire car before we can check in.

People watching it’s a very mixed age range quite a few children.

The people in wheel chairs or with walking difficulties seem to have their own check in area. This is on the right hand side and priority boarding line is on the left.

Playing ABBA music now...

It does put you [emoji16]

Nikki, have a WONDERFUL vacation. Even though we have different opinions about the quality of MSC, please know that I sincerely wish you a fabulous trip. I also trust in your forth-wright comments sharing information, I have a really really unique request. Is it possible for you to snap a picture of the salad bar offered for Dinner at the deck 16 buffet? So far, I can only see lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, and corn. I'm hoping MSC is reading the forum and they have improved the choices. Also, salad dressings? I know it sounds ridiculous to most, but I prefer a quick salad (and maybe a slice of that heavenly pizza) for dinner most nights.

BTW... I read you are going to Grand Turk!! This is an amazingly good stroke of luck. Do you dive? If not, do you snorkel? I haven't been to Grand Turk since the hurricanes last year, but we have gone there at least a dozen times on both land and cruise vacations. This is one of the best spots in the Caribbean for reef snorkeling.

I am standing in a corner waiting for DH to return from dropping of hire car before we can check in.

People watching it’s a very mixed age range quite a few children.

The people in wheel chairs or with walking difficulties seem to have their own check in area. This is on the right hand side and priority boarding line is on the left.

Playing ABBA music now...

It does put you [emoji16]

Nikki, have a WONDERFUL vacation. Even though we have different opinions about the quality of MSC, please know that I sincerely wish you a fabulous trip. I also trust in your forth-wright comments sharing information, I have a really really unique request. Is it possible for you to snap a picture of the salad bar offered for Dinner at the deck 16 buffet? So far, I can only see lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, and corn. I'm hoping MSC is reading the forum and they have improved the choices. Also, salad dressings? I know it sounds ridiculous to most, but I prefer a quick salad (and maybe a slice of that heavenly pizza) for dinner most nights.

BTW... I read you are going to Grand Turk!! This is an amazingly good stroke of luck. Do you dive? If not, do you snorkel? I haven't been to Grand Turk since the hurricanes last year, but we have gone there at least a dozen times on both land and cruise vacations. This is one of the best spots in the Caribbean for reef snorkeling.

Will do!

Btw the reason for port change is the weather!

Less than 15 mins to be on ship.

Drink package upgraded yey! $64 with tax.

Massage packages booked.

Sat outside having a glass of wine.

And relax!

Interesting development! Our friends on Fantastica have been assigned the buffet MDR for dinner!

Even more interesting!

We went to the Seashore restaurant to ask if they could share our table for the 8.30 sitting, the restaurant manager said if we turned up at 8:30 and there was a table available for then we could share it but not guaranteed.

We said fine, I then said it was odd that I thought it was only Bella passengers who ate in the buffet main dining.

The restaurant manager asked who had told me that?

I said it was on the forum, the minute I said that his attitude changed! He checked back onto his system and said oh would we be willing to share a table for 6 at 8.30?

We said fine no problem!

So if you are Fantastica you could be assigned the buffet MDR as well as Bella.

Even more interesting!

We went to the Seashore restaurant to ask if they could share our table for the 8.30 sitting, the restaurant manager said if we turned up at 8:30 and there was a table available for then we could share it but not guaranteed.

We said fine, I then said it was odd that I thought it was only Bella passengers who ate in the buffet main dining.

I said it was on the forum, the minute I said that his attitude changed! He checked back onto his system and said oh would we be willing to share a table for 6 at 8.30?

We said fine no problem!

Hmm... So MSC is aware of our posts...LOL. Guarantee if you said that on Carnival or RCI...it would go right over their head!!

Even more interesting!

We said fine no problem!

Was this the Maitre 'D with the nose? I was ready to unload on him. He is put off-ish and then let's you know how he helping you

I don't have a picture but I was just on Seaside. At the buffet for salad they almost always had lettuce, carrots, corns, cucumbers and frequently tomatoes. There was a couple times that I saw prepared salads such as cesear. They had 4 different types of salad dressings. They had macaroni salad and potato salad a few times but they didn't look very good. They also had chicken salad one day and it looked really odd.