Making calls/Pay Phones (Half Moon Cay and Nassau)?

BahamaBabe25

Hi everyone,

I just booked a cruise for the summer that is going to Half Moon Cay, and Nassau. I refuse to spend a couple hundred bucks on my phone bill so that I can placate my worrisome mother while I'm on vacation (she lives in the United States). I figured I would buy an international calling card for my vacation, but I know from past experience that it does you no good when you're on the ship (I got billed a few bucks a minute regardless of the card, and this time I don't want to give the cruise lines any more of my money). So I am wondering if anyone has visited Half Moon Cay, and if they have payphones there? I am sure Nassau has some since it is a larger island, but information on either would be appreciated.

Thank you! :)

Pay phones in Nassau are sometimes available but many times not in working order because of vandalism. I remember a Bahamas telephone company in the area of the port, Before i found it I went to numerous pay stations and the majority were not in operation.

I have Verizon and also was able to get a $10 per day option. That works for several locations in the Bahamas. It only charged me IF I used the services. Worked perfectly. The other days were just no phone zones, which was peaceful.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 6 months later...