Cunard Spring Savings Event Sale M<arch 1 - April 30

MCC retired

Step on board your Cunard Queen and delight in having countless space and time all to yourselves. Your ship is a destination in itself where they will witness effortless comfort and our famed White Star Service®. Book on a vacation to remember during our Spring Savings Event featuring fares from $999* and Free Drinks♦ and Gratuities‡ in Grill Suites.

Available on select voyages to Africa, Alaska, Asia, Australia, Caribbean, Northern Europe, Mediterranean, New England and Canada, Panama Canal, South Pacific and Transatlantic Crossings.

Rate Code R3A/N3A

Sounds good for Grill bookings, others not so much .

Lots of sailings . Your US TA will have the list.

What, pray, is "countless space"? It's a bit worrying if Cunard doesn't know how big its ships and the spaces within them are. ;-)

I guess since this Sale is directed to Grills cabins , those have Countless Space ?

Never booked a Grills cabin so I can only imagine all that Countless Space.

We never get free drinks and gratuities if you book a Grill suite it stinks that Cunard treat US cruisers better and treat UK cruisers as second rate.

I always felt hard done by too being in the UK but was told by someone on this site that it’s swings and roundabouts. Apparently our fellow pax who are US based have to pay for other things which are included in our fares. Can’t remember what but perhaps someone else will.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I always felt hard done by too being in the UK but was told by someone on this site that it’s swings and roundabouts. Apparently our fellow pax who are US based have to pay for other things which are included in our fares. Can’t remember what but perhaps someone else will.

In the US, the lead-in fares quoted for sales promotions are the base fares before taxes and port fees are added. Also, for one-way voyages, the UK fares include flights while the US fares do not. And in the UK, Cunard fares offer on board spend. It's hit-or-miss as to whether US fares include any on board spend from Cunard.

I just took a look at the 4 November 2018 eastbound crossing on QM2 which is now on sale in the US with a lead-in fare of $999 as part of the "Spring Savings Event". Here is how that crossing prices out in the US and the UK for an inside category IF cabin.

US Pricing

$999 + $77.03 taxes and fees = $1076.03 per person

No flights and no on board spend

UK Pricing (Cunard Fare)

£959 per person with flights

£779 per person without flights

$70 per person on board spend included

Even at the current relatively high exchange rate of £1 = $1.40, I figure the UK Cunard fare without flights and with the on board spend included works out to about $1020.60 per person in US dollars compared to the slightly higher US fare of $1076.03 per person.

No doubt one can find examples where there are considerable discrepancies between the UK and US fares. But for this particular voyage at least, it is indeed pretty much swings and roundabouts even with the "Spring Savings Event" US pricing.

Regards, John

Edit: Depending on the voyage, it would appear one might actually get a better deal right now in the US using the terms of the current "Upgrade on Us" promotion which includes "free gratuities for past guests" even in Britannia cabins. It looks like the "Spring Savings Event" only includes free gratuities for Grills passengers.

Edited by bluemarble

In the US, the lead-in fares quoted for sales promotions are the base fares before taxes and port fees are added. Also, for one-way voyages, the UK fares include flights while the US fares do not. And in the UK, Cunard fares offer on board spend. It's hit-or-miss as to whether US fares include any on board spend from Cunard.

I just took a look at the 4 November 2018 eastbound crossing on QM2 which is now on sale in the US with a lead-in fare of $999 as part of the "Spring Savings Event". Here is how that crossing prices out in the US and the UK for an inside category IF cabin.

US Pricing

$999 + $77.03 taxes and fees = $1076.03 per person

No flights and no on board spend

UK Pricing (Cunard Fare)

£959 per person with flights

£779 per person without flights

$70 per person on board spend included

Even at the current relatively high exchange rate of £1 = $1.40, I figure the UK Cunard fare without flights and with the on board spend included works out to about $1020.60 per person in US dollars compared to the slightly higher US fare of $1076.03 per person.

No doubt one can find examples where there are considerable discrepancies between the UK and US fares. But for this particular voyage at least, it is indeed pretty much swings and roundabouts even with the "Spring Savings Event" US pricing.

Regards, John

Edit: Depending on the voyage, it would appear one might actually get a better deal right now in the US using the terms of the current "Upgrade on Us" promotion which includes "free gratuities for past guests" even in Britannia cabins. It looks like the "Spring Savings Event" only includes free gratuities for Grills passengers.

Thanks John! I knew there was more to it!

Sent from my iPad using Forums