Pursuit 12 Sept ex Barcelona

procter

Have started roll call for this cruise but so far only 1 other person wishes to join me.

Now I can understand that those who have met me MAY not wish to do so again but out of interest I checked room availability and as of today there are 160 rooms available so ship is just over half full.

May be a good time to book a lower category as it is almost certain that you will get an upgrade as Azamara dump cabins closer to sail date.

I do hope we do not get a repeat commented on by previous members of "booze cruisers" or sadly prices are still a bit rich for a lot of regulars.

We have not sailed with Azamara now for several years as, in our opinion, there is better value elsewhere. Whilst we miss the great interaction of the officers and the friendly crew, other cruise lines offer better, more comfortable cabins with good sized showers plus as good if not better food, and more inclusive at a better price. We would like to return to Azamara in the future but will not unless they become more competitive.

Have started roll call for this cruise but so far only 1 other person wishes to join me.

Now I can understand that those who have met me MAY not wish to do so again but out of interest I checked room availability and as of today there are 160 rooms available so ship is just over half full.

May be a good time to book a lower category as it is almost certain that you will get an upgrade as Azamara dump cabins closer to sail date.

I do hope we do not get a repeat commented on by previous members of "booze cruisers" or sadly prices are still a bit rich for a lot of regulars.

Hi there I wish I could join you but am sailing Journey the 15th from Barcelona . Come and join us [emoji854]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have not sailed with Azamara now for several years as, in our opinion, there is better value elsewhere. Whilst we miss the great interaction of the officers and the friendly crew, other cruise lines offer better, more comfortable cabins with good sized showers plus as good if not better food, and more inclusive at a better price. We would like to return to Azamara in the future but will not unless they become more competitive.

Well thanks for that, but you aren't really helping procter's cause, are you? Lol

Phil

Would love to know who this line is or do you wish to keep a secret so that prices do not go up??

I think because Pursuits came late to the Med agenda for 2018 it will be harder to sell as many had made commitments elsewhere by the time it was released.

I think the Azamara Roll calls have generally got much slower since the middle of last year or so. There are exceptions of course. I met far more lurkers on board than ever recently so the event was still reasonably well attended. There are probably several reasons for the roll calls being slower, more people have large amounts of OBC so less need to find excursions, more independent minded people, some rollcalls being over stimulated by repeat posts advertising trips which puts others off Roll calls, people who are not on the cruise jumping in answering questions etc. Re the latter, if you study group behaviour on social media, there’s a direct correlation between level of help given within the immediate group and level of group interaction.

Doesn’t answer why your cruise hasn’t sold but might explain why given lower sales you have a virtually moribund board.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Would love to know who this line is or do you wish to keep a secret so that prices do not go up??

There has been some excellent deals on Regent many of which are only available with a bit of digging. Viking also sometimes have had some good offers eg transatlantic

I think because Pursuits came late to the Med agenda for 2018 it will be harder to sell as many had made commitments elsewhere by the time it was released.

I think the Azamara Roll calls have generally got much slower since the middle of last year or so. There are exceptions of course. I met far more lurkers on board than ever recently so the event was still reasonably well attended. There are probably several reasons for the roll calls being slower, more people have large amounts of OBC so less need to find excursions, more independent minded people, some rollcalls being over stimulated by repeat posts advertising trips which puts others off Roll calls, people who are not on the cruise jumping in answering questions etc. Re the latter, if you study group behaviour on social media, there’s a direct correlation between level of help given within the immediate group and level of group interaction.

Doesn’t answer why your cruise hasn’t sold but might explain why given lower sales you have a virtually moribund board.

Hi uktog,

You bring up interesting issues. For starters I didn’t realize that our Roll Calls have less participation lately.

I know the on the cruise I took in December the RC was very active, and the M&M was very well attended.

But I digress. Azamara likes to support the CC community so I’m wondering how we can help promote participation in our voyage Roll Calls. As a starter I’ll reach out to CC to see if they keep metrics on Roll Calls and to see if they have suggestions.

If you are referring to me posting my private tours I am sorry you feel that way. There are a lot of new people on our Dubai to Athens Cruise and one even posted on the world cruise link how to reach me which Grandma answered her. To my knowledge you are not even on our cruise. If you are I apologize to you for posting it and you don;t have to read it. Just skip over it............lol

Just FYI

I know after this cruise I will never be on this site again and it is mainly because of some snippy posts although most have been very informative and you are one of the ones that give great advice. For that I thank you and apologize for upsetting you with my private tour posts

Kathy

If you are referring to me posting my private tours I am sorry you feel that way. There are a lot of new people on our Dubai to Athens Cruise and one even posted on the world cruise link how to reach me which Grandma answered her. To my knowledge you are not even on our cruise. If you are I apologize to you for posting it and you don;t have to read it. Just skip over it............lol

Just FYI

I know after this cruise I will never be on this site again and it is mainly because of some snippy posts although most have been very informative and you are one of the ones that give great advice. For that I thank you and apologize for upsetting you with my private tour posts

Kathy

Sorry Kathy, but I understand where uktog is coming from. It’s fine to post an email address to request information on tours that and individual roll call member is organising, but constant posts with every detail just clogs up the thread and to me is likened to shouting. Then, putting down tours that others have organised is just bad form.

Phil

I've just checked Azamara prices for this voyage, inside cabins start at $8,500 AUD. Perhaps that may be why there are vacant cabins

Azamara are going to have lots of vacant cabins until they start to be more sensible with prices and stop silly sales that anyone can see for what they are.

Edited by Bloodaxe

Azamara are going to have lots of vacant cabins until they start to be more sensible with prices and stop silly sales gimmicks that any sensible person can are false.

Totally agree. I feel that Azamara rather than testing the water on pricing have just gone completely OTT and I believe that, whatever they might say, it will come back and bite them. Unfortunately their modus operandi at present is to bulk off their unsold cabins to a couple of US based consildators or whatever you might call them so that many of their "loyal" guests never know the difference. At some point or other it will come back the other way.

Phil

Sorry Kathy, but I understand where uktog is coming from. It’s fine to post an email address to request information on tours that and individual roll call member is organising, but constant posts with every detail just clogs up the thread and to me is likened to shouting. Then, putting down tours that others have organised is just bad form.

Phil

Like uktog that is your opinion. That is why we have chocolate and vanilla ice cream. Where exactly did I put down someone else's organized tour?

Like I said in my previous post these are the kind of posts of why I cannot wait to get off the Azamara site. You are one of the people and Uktog that I enjoy reading what you have to say as I learn a lot. If you remember I even started a thread thanking you both.

Oh well only about 6 weeks to go and I will indeed continue to post as I wish as long as I do not harm anyone which I am not. As I said to Uktog I don;t believe either of you are on the roll call or the cruise I am on. I would like to ask a question however why is it that the people who complain about others are the ones who never organize anything?

Kathy

Edited by rabin1

Totally agree. I feel that Azamara rather than testing the water on pricing have just gone completely OTT and I believe that, whatever they might say, it will come back and bite them. Unfortunately their modus operandi at present is to bulk off their unsold cabins to a couple of US based consildators or whatever you might call them so that many of their "loyal" guests never know the difference. At some point or other it will come back the other way.

Phil

I also agree.

We had to book an Ocean View cabin on our one upcoming Azamara cruise because it is so expensive.

I have applied for the LCV upgrade offer. If I find out that the unsold Veranda cabins are dumped to a consolidator instead of offering those of us that applied for an upgrade the chance, I will not be happy.

...I think the Azamara Roll calls have generally got much slower since the middle of last year or so. There are exceptions of course. I met far more lurkers on board than ever recently so the event was still reasonably well attended. There are probably several reasons for the roll calls being slower, more people have large amounts of OBC so less need to find excursions, more independent minded people, some rollcalls being over stimulated by repeat posts advertising trips which puts others off Roll calls, people who are not on the cruise jumping in answering questions etc. Re the latter, if you study group behaviour on social media, there’s a direct correlation between level of help given within the immediate group and level of group interaction.

This may dispute -- or prove -- your point. Our roll call for the Quest Jan. 15 sailing was the most active I have ever seen! But then, all of us were very congenial and well behaved. ;)

Like uktog that is your opinion. That is why we have chocolate and vanilla ice cream. Where exactly did I put down someone else's organized tour?

Like I said in my previous post these are the kind of posts of why I cannot wait to get off the Azamara site. You are one of the people and Uktog that I enjoy reading what you have to say as I learn a lot. If you remember I even started a thread thanking you both.

Oh well only about 6 weeks to go and I will indeed continue to post as I wish as long as I do not harm anyone which I am not. As I said to Uktog I don;t believe either of you are on the roll call or the cruise I am on. I would like to ask a question however why is it that the people who complain about others are the ones who never organize anything?

Kathy

I have a good friend on your cruise who was asking me about tours as I've done this route a few times. I said I'd check out the roll call for any information that I could find which is when I came across your postings to it. I've organised tours on quite a few cruises, but tend to stick to groups of friends now as I've had past bad experiences with people I don't know. Just my opinion of course.

Phil

I also agree.

We had to book an Ocean View cabin on our one upcoming Azamara cruise because it is so expensive.

I have applied for the LCV upgrade offer. If I find out that the unsold Veranda cabins are dumped to a consolidator instead of offering those of us that applied for an upgrade the chance, I will not be happy.

By way of balance I have for the most part been very happy with the way Azamara have handled the LCV upgrades and I hope you have a good experience if there truly are balcony cabins available. It's been a while since I've received an upgrade, but I'm one of those odd people who actually prefers the location of the category 05 window cabins to the standard verandas, don't use the balcony that much and am happy to stay put.

Phil

This may dispute -- or prove -- your point. Our roll call for the Quest Jan. 15 sailing was the most active I have ever seen! But then, all of us were very congenial and well behaved. ;)

Proves it I’d say :)

I agree that Pursuit Roll-Calls seem on the whole to be pretty slow. I think there are all sorts of reasons for slow roll-calls, but I’m not sure that people not on the cruise posting is one of them. As Jazzbeau says the 15 January Quest Roll-Call (which was was excellently organised by Jazzbeau) was very active, and it had the most members I’ve ever come across - well over 100. It had quite a few posts from someone who was not on our cruise, but had been to the area before and posted videos and information about the area.

The Roll-call initially referred to in this thread has only 3 posts between 17 January and today, posted by two people, both of whom are on the cruise. This pattern is very similar to many other Pursuit roll-calls.

Maybe the Pursuit has attracted cruisers who are not CC members, maybe it’s selling slowly.

Edited by Host Grandma Cruising

My original comments were generic not specific so the reaction has surprised me. Like Phil when time permits I do organise tours but that is not always possible.

Thanks Bonnie for suggesting a look at the metrics. I am sure they will make interesting reading.

I've just checked Azamara prices for this voyage, inside cabins start at $8,500 AUD. Perhaps that may be why there are vacant cabins

I did the same thing and came to the same conclusion. Whilst I realise it's comparing apples with oranges I have booked a 3 bed 3 bath villla just outside Lisbon around the same time as this cruise for less than the price of one person in an inside cabin. Even taking into account car hire and eating out well every night, it will still work out cheaper for the 2 of us than if we were sharing an inside - and we get the added bonus that family can join us in the villa. Azamara really need to get to grips with their pricing.

By way of balance I have for the most part been very happy with the way Azamara have handled the LCV upgrades and I hope you have a good experience if there truly are balcony cabins available. It's been a while since I've received an upgrade, but I'm one of those odd people who actually prefers the location of the category 05 window cabins to the standard verandas, don't use the balcony that much and am happy to stay put.

Phil

Thanks Phil.

We are booked in a category 05 cabin (4044), so it should be OK if we stay put.

However, we love having breakfast on the balcony if weather permits so we usually book a veranda cabin.

Hopefully we will be offered the LCV upgrade if cabins are available, or maybe a balcony for the price of an inside offer will come along that we can take advantage of.

I would have quite happily booked Azamara for the fall of 2018 if Pursuit hadn't been released with all of those pricing errors. We changed all of our land plans to make it work and then had the rug pulled out. There's also a April 2019 Pursuit cruise that we would like to do, but the 50% off one guest ended the cruise before this one (even though I swear 95% of the ship is still available) and it's double the price of a very similar Celebrity itinerary that is 1 day longer and comes with a better drink package and some OBC and a much better cabin. No incentive whatsoever to book with Azamara at this point.

I would have quite happily booked Azamara for the fall of 2018 if Pursuit hadn't been released with all of those pricing errors. We changed all of our land plans to make it work and then had the rug pulled out. There's also a April 2019 Pursuit cruise that we would like to do, but the 50% off one guest ended the cruise before this one (even though I swear 95% of the ship is still available) and it's double the price of a very similar Celebrity itinerary that is 1 day longer and comes with a better drink package and some OBC and a much better cabin. No incentive whatsoever to book with Azamara at this point.

Keep your eyes open. Azamara promotions are much like the buses. Another will be along shortly! Whether you can make the pricing work even with an offer is another matter of course. Fingers crossed. The fact that so many cabins are available bodes well (or not as far as Azamara is concerned). Good luck!

Phil