Help me understand MSC

Beachiekeen

We are looking at summer Caribbean cruises and on a whim I decided to check out MSC Seaside since I've heard alot about it. I found a pretty cheap cruise in June. But I don't understand the difference in the "experiences" even though I've tried--I even found a review with the link to the table that explains them but I still have questions.

My biggest concern is dinner. We are not buffet people, especially not at dinner. We would want to be in a dining room or specialty restaurant. Am I correct that "Bella" only gives you access to a buffet for dinner? What level would I need to be at to be sure to get an MDR for dinner?

Is there an adult area? (I think I read one of the pools was 16+). Would we still have access to all bars, the gym, etc. if we booked one of the lower experiences? I just don't want to think we get all the basic things like pool, gym, lounges and then get there and find out we don't. TIA.

We are looking at summer Caribbean cruises and on a whim I decided to check out MSC Seaside since I've heard alot about it. I found a pretty cheap cruise in June. But I don't understand the difference in the "experiences" even though I've tried--I even found a review with the link to the table that explains them but I still have questions.

My biggest concern is dinner. We are not buffet people, especially not at dinner. We would want to be in a dining room or specialty restaurant. Am I correct that "Bella" only gives you access to a buffet for dinner? What level would I need to be at to be sure to get an MDR for dinner?

Is there an adult area? (I think I read one of the pools was 16+). Would we still have access to all bars, the gym, etc. if we booked one of the lower experiences? I just don't want to think we get all the basic things like pool, gym, lounges and then get there and find out we don't. TIA.

For the Bella experience you get to have a served, sit down dinner like everyone else but you may not be at a table in the main dining rooms. Instead they convert tables in the buffet to serve additional guests because they do not have enough space in the dining rooms. It is the same meal options though.

For the Bella experience you get to have a served, sit down dinner like everyone else but you may not be at a table in the main dining rooms. Instead they convert tables in the buffet to serve additional guests because they do not have enough space in the dining rooms. It is the same meal options though.

So we can order off a menu--the buffet is not our only option? When do you know where you will be assigned?

If I go up one level, are we assured a table in a regular dining room?

This whole thing is just very confusing at first glance and I would hate to have a surprise once I get there.

So we can order off a menu--the buffet is not our only option? When do you know where you will be assigned?

If I go up one level, are we assured a table in a regular dining room?

This whole thing is just very confusing at first glance and I would hate to have a surprise once I get there.

Not guaranteed our friends this week have been assigned a table in the buffet MDR and they have Fantastica.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everybody sailing gets assigned to a dining room. Sometimes (depending on the sailing) they convert the buffet area into a dining room. Same table settings, food and service as in the other dining rooms. The dining room in the buffet has much better views and acoustics than the other dining rooms. You are entitled to everything on board the ship, unless there is a charge, except free room service (slight charge for delivery). Basically the only difference we found (we book bella) is the drink programs.

Safe sailing

PS- Bella twice, both times in the regular dining room

Oh ok so this was helpful, thank you. So no guarantee we get a dining room no matter what we pick, but it's the same service, we are just "in" the buffet. Is it still a buffet during the dinner service or is there a buffet somewhere else? (Sorry to be so confused).

But basically we are Ok to book Bella if we don't care about extras, and that was my concern. The price seems too good to be true so I was concerned I was missing something. Even flying to Miami and getting a hotel, it's still cheaper than the Royal Caribbean cruise I was looking at out of Galveston.

Oh ok so this was helpful, thank you. So no guarantee we get a dining room no matter what we pick, but it's the same service, we are just "in" the buffet. Is it still a buffet during the dinner service or is there a buffet somewhere else? (Sorry to be so confused).

But basically we are Ok to book Bella if we don't care about extras, and that was my concern. The price seems too good to be true so I was concerned I was missing something. Even flying to Miami and getting a hotel, it's still cheaper than the Royal Caribbean cruise I was looking at out of Galveston.

The deck 8 buffet is closed during dinner and only used as overflow seating for the main dining rooms.

Dinner buffet is available on deck 16.

Calgary ... Aft pool is on Deck 7.

Aurea gives you my choice dining which means you can go at anytime the Seashore Dining room is open.

Every experience below Yacht Club gets free breakfast delivery, Aurea with Deluxe drink package also gets free delivery and food.

Fantastica gets free delivery but has to pay for any food.

Bella does not get free delivery Part from Breakfast.

There is a charge for pizza delivery.

Aurea gives you my choice dining which means you can go at anytime the Seashore Dining room is open.

Every experience below Yacht Club gets free breakfast delivery, Aurea with Deluxe drink package also gets free delivery and food.

Dave .. Bella doesn't get free breakfast delivered to the cabin.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Forums mobile app

Perfect, thank you, that clears it up.

Any response to whether there is an adult area/pool?

There are some areas you wouldn't be allowed as Bella. Top 19 Solarium is for Aurea or above (maybe someone can chime in on a pay per day). Also the entire front of the top few levels of the ship is Yacht Club.

We didn’t have to pay for room service and we were Fantastica. Only certain hot breakfast items and pizza were for a charge.

There are some areas you wouldn't be allowed as Bella. Top 19 Solarium is for Aurea or above (maybe someone can chime in on a pay per day). Also the entire front of the top few levels of the ship is Yacht Club.

Yes, I did see the sundeck and I knew about Yacht Club. I just wanted to make sure that basic things like gym, pools, lounges (aside from Yacht Club lounge) were available to all. I've just never seen anything like this tier system so was making sure. I think we may have to consider it if the price stays the same (we won't probably be ready to book for a couple of more weeks, wanting to discuss all options). I see it's getting mixed reviews but it looks so nice, I can't imagine it wouldn't still top an older RCI ship, especially since we've been on that one before.

I would love to do the Yacht Club but then it would't be cheap, ha! Oh and we don't care about room service as we rarely get it and the few times we have, it hasn't been great.

Not guaranteed our friends this week have been assigned a table in the buffet MDR and they have Fantastica.

This is unusual. The Fantástica experience ensures that you have priority regarding dining time and location. Were your friends given a reason why they were not given a table on the MDR? Is there a possibility you can find out? I think you are still on the ship?

Besides the MDR there is also another Restaurant on ships like the Preziosa. I do not remember the name of the restaurant but fantastica passengers were also given tables there.

Ivi

This is unusual. The Fantástica experience ensures that you have priority regarding dining time and location. Were your friends given a reason why they were not given a table on the MDR? Is there a possibility you can find out? I think you are still on the ship?

Besides the MDR there is also another Restaurant on ships like the Preziosa. I do not remember the name of the restaurant but fantastica passengers were also given tables there.

Ivi

This is not true with the Fantastica experience. We thought that too since we were Fantastica, but our group was split up and sent to two different MDRs and 3 different dining times. When we asked about the priority dining times and location, we were told that no, that does not exist.

MSC changed some of the Fantastica stuff after it failed to work on Meraviglia such as anytime dining.

I saw today in another thread that the 12-drink vouchers go away in 2019. It doesn't seem like it will be worth it really to book Fantastica when that happens.

They tried "Flexi-dining" on Meraviglia which was (crazily enough!) that you were assigned "Early" or "Late" and could arrive anytime between the hours set for your assigned time. What happened was that most of those on 'Early' arrived at the latest time and most of those on 'Late' arrived at the earliest, which caused chaos.

However, it specifically states on the "Experiences benefits" chart that Fantastica bookings get priority in choice of sitting under the heading of 'Flexibility'. Just click on the 'Compare Experience' tab on the following link:

http://www.msccruises.ie/en-ie/Cruise-Deals/Our-Fares.aspx

Another piece of information regarding dining for Fantastica guests can be found by clicking on "Read more" under the 'Fantastica' Experience on that page:

• More dining flexibility. You can switch your preferred dinnertime after booking or after boarding.

This is unusual. The Fantástica experience ensures that you have priority regarding dining time and location.

Ivi

This is not necessarily true for MSc. When I sailed divina in fantastica I did not receive my requested dining time. I waited in line day one for quite a long time to meet with mAitreD and was told it was “not possible” to change dining times or number of people assigned to table. Just don’t want anyone fantastica surprised.

Happy sailing