Middle East cruise on Splendida? And a drink upgrade?

ctnurse

I just booked my family of four ( kids will be 14 and 5) on the MSC Splendida over NYE 2018, booking an Aurora balcony. I really wanted to book the Yacht Club, but there aren't any available cabins. Has anyone taken a cruise out of Dubai on MSC? We have cruised on DCL,RCCL, and NCL before, mostly in Europe. How does MSC compare with the other lines we have sailed. Please share your tips with me. I noticed that the roll calls seem pretty quiet.

I have searched but I am unable to find an answer regarding upgrading the drink package from the one that comes with the cabin to the Deluxe one. I have read that you can call, but in the same thread people have been told that you must do it on the ship. How does that work, and do all of us, adults and children, need to upgrade. What is the cost? I booked with a TA in the US.

Thanks

You need to get your TA to organise the upgrade. The MSC code for the deluxe package is 536, so the TA should request an upgrade from the included package (code # 534) to #536. If you wait 'til onboard to do it you will incur an extra 15% service charge, as well as being charged in Euros.

You need to get your TA to organise the upgrade. The MSC code for the deluxe package is 536, so the TA should request an upgrade from the included package (code # 534) to #536. If you wait 'til onboard to do it you will incur an extra 15% service charge, as well as being charged in Euros.

Thank you for this information. Do you know the charge for the upgrade? Do you need to add it before the PIF date?

Can’t provide a comparison as I have only cruised Princess and MSC ........but my first MSC cruise was out of Dubai, and I absolutely loved it :)

MSC is a bit ‘quirky’ but I am very easygoing and don’t let little things bother me.

I’m sure you’ll have a great time :D

Thank you for this information. Do you know the charge for the upgrade? Do you need to add it before the PIF date?

The all-inclusive package on this cruise (which you get as an Aurea guest) is known as the All-Inclusive Restaurant & Bar drinks package and is $29 pppd. The deluxe package is $55 so it would cost $26 pppd to upgrade - that's a total of $364 for the 2 adults for the week.

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Manage-Your-Booking/All-Inclusive-Packages.aspx

As someone who used to upgrade, I don't believe it's worth the extra - it's certainly not in our case. My husband only drinks Heineken draught when onboard and an occasional whiskey/Bacardi, which are covered on the basic package anyway. You may feel differently about it, depending on your needs. The wine choices are much better on the deluxe package, plus it covers the mini-bar and the room service food items.

I can't answer as to whether you need to add it before the PIF date. However, going on what I've read about some people's experiences on the forum here about their difficulty in upgrading, I'd be inclined to get your TA to try to upgrade as soon as possible and to keep trying if at first it's refused.