Yacht Club variances by ship

Toofarfromthesea

For those who have done the YC on more than one ship, how much difference is there in the experience on different ships?

Also could you tell us which ships you experienced YC on and which one you thought was the best?

We are doing the YC on Divina in September and I'm just trying to get a handle on how to regard YC posts here when the post deals with the experience on one of the other ships.

Thanks.

I have sailed on Fantasia, Preziosa and Divina.....all in YC

I wouldn’t say there was any difference in the experience at all from ship to ship :)

Three very different itineraries......Arabian Gulf, Caribbean and Europe .......and very different weather!! Once back in the comfort of the YC though, I don’t think the itinerary mattered.

I have found the service to be exemplary, and the staff very kind and eager to please :)

I love returning to the calm of the Topsail Lounge after a busy day ashore :D

YC on Meraviglia was outstanding for us. (We had already experienced YC on Splendida, Preziosa and Divina. All have been Med cruises - a couple East Med, a couple West Med). The food, the service and the overall experience was at a different level to anything we'd had before. This may have been because the ship was still in inaugural mode while we were onboard and they went above and beyond to ensure that we weren't too discommoded by the hiccups associated with new ship sailings. We also ended up getting personal attention from the YC Hotel Director due to a couple of (minor) problems we had. Also, we met a couple from Norway (one of who posts sporadically on here) and their friends from England who we hung out with for the couple of days that we were all onboard together. All of this contributed to it being one of the very best cruises we've had - despite not liking the ship as a whole (apart from YC area, which is superior to the Fantasia class ships Yacht Club areas).

Having said all that, I also have wonderful memories from our Preziosa YC experience due to a wonderful m'D (who left MSC soon after to open his own restaurant in Rome) and the sommelier we knew from Splendida, too. On that cruise, because they had forgotten to present us with a cake for our anniversary on the first night, we were fussed over by a fantastic concierge who made it her business to ensure that we had VIP treatment for the rest of the cruise - we even had the ship's assistant m'D look after us throughout. We also met 2 wonderful couples who we dined with and met up with for drinks, etc. (Small things like that add to the overall enjoyment of the cruise).

On Divina, the head butler and our personal butler were the best we have ever had.

We will be in YC on Splendida again in 5 weeks time for a 28 night cruise from Dubai to Yokohama, Japan and can't wait to have yet another enjoyable YC experience, hopefully, again, creating different and special moments.