Newbie Questions

SeaSickCecil

Hi all. I've tried a search and went back a couple of months on the board but haven't seen an answer to three questions. I've just booked my first Azamara cruise (Journey) and really appreciate all the info I've gleaned from this board.

So questions:

1..I saw that there is self serve frozen yogurt, which is all well and good, but is there any real ice cream on the ship?

2. is the pool deck covered? We will be doing a fall TA Westbound and it will probably be cool (if not downright cold). Can't tell from looking at the deck plans.

3. are there two pools or only one? (OK I haven't looked at the deck plans all that carefully, I admit). The smallest ship I've been on to date was the HAL Prisendam which is still 1/3 larger than the Journey..it had two pools, including a wonderful aft salt water pool.

Thanks for the answers and if all you experienced AZ cruisers want to share some secrets or tips to make this a great cruise, I'm all eyes!

Rachel

:)Thank you Bloodaxe for the quck response. I should have looked at the YouTube videos before I posted. I saw the pool area and the gelato bar at the buffet...even better than 'just ice cream' :D:D.

What I didn't see an answer to, is: Is there a full walk around promonade, different than the jogging track on the top deck? It looked like there might be from one of the videos I saw, but ...

Appreciate any help/answers.

Rachel

Hi alcpa1. I've been lurking on the roll call and it has been very helpful; I do plan on joining in since I've only just decided to actually book this cruise.

So another question for you experts: Are there any daytime activities? Culinary demos? Trivia? Bridge games (for DH)? Seems like everything I've read and seen revolves around alcohol and food (not that there's anything wrong with that), but with so many consecutive sea days, that's going to get old fast, since DH doesn't drink at all, and I limit myself to a responsible level.

Still haven't put my money down, but getting closer!

thanks for all the help.

Rachel

Thank you all for your quick and generous help. I made the call to my TA and put down my deposit. I'm looking forward to joining the role call and meeting some of you there before we sail as well as IRL on the ship.

Seems like a long way until October, but it will get here soon enough and the planning is the most fun.

And I'll probably be back with more questions...

Calm seas and fair winds to you all, where ever your travels take you.

Rachel

1..I saw that there is self serve frozen yogurt, which is all well and good, but is there any real ice cream on the ship?

I really like the Gelato in the buffet, even the "healthy" ones. The frozen yogurt station (Swirl and Top) at The Patio has some very nice toppings. The one that resembles orange frog spawn looks awful, but is delicious. The chocolate Maltesers speak for themselves!

Phil

There are undercover areas each end of the pool deck. Lots of tables and chairs at the aft end. Sofas and lounge chairs forward by the pool bar in the smoking area. As previously mentioned, tartan throws are laid out for the use of us hardy souls who love being inside.

We love the transatlantic cruises. There has always been plenty to do.

I really like the Gelato in the buffet, even the "healthy" ones. The frozen yogurt station (Swirl and Top) at The Patio has some very nice toppings. The one that resembles orange frog spawn looks awful, but is delicious. The chocolate Maltesers speak for themselves!

Phil

You can forget the gelato...chocolate Maltesers for the win!!! And, there is 'healthy' gelato? :D

I know it's still 7 plus months away, but I can't wait.

Rachel