Special occasion celebrations on board

SDWalt

Hello long time cruisers-

I have a question about celebrating special occasions on board.

My spouse and I will be taking a 14 day B2B next May in the Caribbean to celebrate our 60th birthdays & 25th anniversary. In the cruise personalizer there's a section to add information about things being celebrated on board. Can I add our birthdays and anniversary there even though the actual dates are in July, September and December?

Last year we were on an Alaskan cruise during our anniversary so we did add it then, but I'm just unsure if we can add this when they are not actually occurring during the cruise!

Thanks,

Walt

Pretty sure the personalizer only accepts dates of special occasions during that particular cruise.

Under 'Profile Information' in your Captain's Circle account there is a box for adding your wedding anniversary date. Your birthday is of course already on file. Whether those dates automatically pop up as Special Occasions in the personalizer if they fall during a cruise I have no idea. Over the years I have disembarked two days before my birthday, and embarked the day after. And close did not count.

The Cruise Personalizer lets you decide which date of your cruise to celebrate an event. But do you really want three of the little cakes delivered by singing waiters? I think one for your anniversary would be sufficient. You can always celebrate the occasions on your own. My favorite way to celebrate on Princess cruises is with the Ultimate Balcony Dinner.

We have celebrated our birthdays when they've fallen within a week of a cruise. We haven't celebrated them months early or late.

Hello long time cruisers-

I have a question about celebrating special occasions on board.

My spouse and I will be taking a 14 day B2B next May in the Caribbean to celebrate our 60th birthdays & 25th anniversary. In the cruise personalizer there's a section to add information about things being celebrated on board. Can I add our birthdays and anniversary there even though the actual dates are in July, September and December?

Last year we were on an Alaskan cruise during our anniversary so we did add it then, but I'm just unsure if we can add this when they are not actually occurring during the cruise!

Thanks,

Walt

Yes, you can use the Special Occasion section to add a birthday, etc - even if the actual date is some other time. You'll simply have to choose s date within the cruise dates to use as your "celebration" day. The birthday police won't cone knocking and taking away your celebration. Lol. Put each of your celebrations on a different day of the cruise so you're celebrating all cruise long.

You'll get a small banner on the cabin door, often with a balloon or two, celebration card and gift voucher to hand in for a small cake in dining room or specialty restaurant.

Happy birthday. And Anniversary.

You can choose to celebrate anything at anytime you are on board. Just add it in the personalizer. But, I have to agree with geoherb, do you really want 3 of those little cakes? Especially with some of killer Norman Love chocolate desserts? I vote for an Ultimate Balcony Dinner, or dinner in one of the specialty restaurants to celebrate, not that it is any of my business how and where you choose to celebrate.

Just go to your personalizer and choose what occasion and what day you want celebrate it. I do something every cruise lol. Either it's close enough to one of our birthdays or our anniversary or something. Nobody has ever said it's past your birthday or it's too far away. Heck being on a cruise is reason enough to celebrate. I just kinda like the balloons on my door.

I'd like the balloons on the door, but not the cake in the MDR for our celebration. Is there anyway you can say no to the cake and singing at the table?

If you are in Anytime, just, as mentioned above, not turn in the card.

But if you are in traditional fixed seating, they will know the date you chose to celebrate (no card needed). Just tell your headwaiter in advance of that day you do not want the cake and singing.

If you are in Anytime, just, as mentioned above, not turn in the card.

But if you are in traditional fixed seating, they will know the date you chose to celebrate (no card needed). Just tell your headwaiter in advance of that day you do not want the cake and singing.

Thanks for that info!

Yes, we are in the traditional fixed seating dining room. I may just remove the celebration from our booking so we don't have to worry about it.

Thanks for that info!

Yes, we are in the traditional fixed seating dining room. I may just remove the celebration from our booking so we don't have to worry about it.

Or keep in on and share the cake with your table. They will give you a "regular" dessert too if you want. If you share the special cake slice will be small enough to have another. Enjoy the celebration!!

Or keep in on and share the cake with your table. They will give you a "regular" dessert too if you want. If you share the special cake slice will be small enough to have another. Enjoy the celebration!!

I don't like being the center of attention with the singing.

The past 3 cruises we have had celebrations. The birthdays & anniversaries were not during the actual cruises, but the cruises were booked to celebrate those occasions. In addition to the balloons, banner, & cake, I was given an effy necklace each time. I didn't turn in the voucher for cake & singing by the waitstaff. But I certainly accepted the necklaces. I kept 2 & gave 1 to our granddaughter. :D

The past 3 cruises we have had celebrations. The birthdays & anniversaries were not during the actual cruises, but the cruises were booked to celebrate those occasions. In addition to the balloons, banner, & cake, I was given an effy necklace each time. I didn't turn in the voucher for cake & singing by the waitstaff. But I certainly accepted the necklaces. I kept 2 & gave 1 to our granddaughter. :D

I am Elite on Princess and have never heard of getting anything other than a cake and balloons and poster on your door. What is your secret.

There was a card left in our cabin congratulating us on our anniversary (or birthday). It read to stop by a particular ship's shop, show them the card, receive a gift. Each time it was an effy necklace. The stone was small & blue on a silver chain. Is it possible to post a photo here? If someone can tell me how I'll post a photo of them.

Edited by 1965

on our panama canal cruise last year we ended up with 3 of those each...they kept handing out cards to come for an event & gave out those necklaces...no birthday's just the shop events to get people in

There was a card left in our cabin congratulating us on our anniversary (or birthday). It read to stop by a particular ship's shop, show them the card, receive a gift. Each time it was an effy necklace. The stone was small & blue on a silver chain. Is it possible to post a photo here? If someone can tell me how I'll post a photo of them.

On the Royal last week we celebrated our anniversary

They hung balloons on our cabin as well as delivered a card.

DW turned in the paper for the dessert and it came with the singing waiters. Was nice but no way would want to do it three times on a cruise. Not a fan of dark chocolate so didnt even eat it.

Was nice that they did it though.