Drink package, drink prices

Seestor1

It must be purchased for the whole cruise.
Thats why the cruise lines are making so much money offering this package. It doesn’t pay for many passengers. It winds up being a convenience and offering the opportunity to try different drinks rather than saving money.

Is there a service charge/taxes when they offer a drink package for balcony or higher? NCL has a free beverage package but charges just over $200 in taxes

No. With Princess, free means free. The Sip & Sail promotion includes the Premium Beverage Package with all gratuities included.

NCL seems to artificially jack the price of the beverage package up to $89 a day, then charge 18 to 20% "gratuity". Was looking at one of their sailings a few months ago, thought it sounded too good to be true.....it was.

While not as bad as NCL, Princess charges $69 a day and then includes them as a huge promo with Sip & Sail. (RCI and Carnival seem to regularly have pkg sales in the high $40's to $50 range)

It's gotten to the point where you really have to sit down with pen and paper to figure out what you are paying for a cruise. Lots of math to do, especially on longer sailings where these figures really add up.

Princess can cut you off at any time...take away your package...and NOT refund any part of it..:evilsmile:

IF Princess chooses to serve you after 15 drinks with the PBP, you will pay for them just as you would without a package...:halo:

And following on with the 15 drink limit what happens if you want more.Do you pay for them or are you cut off

A Princess bartender can cut you off at any time, whether or not you have the package and whether or not you've had 15 drinks, if you are intoxicated. That is the responsibility of any bartender onboard or on shore, and it has nothing to do with the package.

If you are not showing signs of intoxication, they will continue to serve you after 15, and you will pay regular price for the additional drinks. I have reached the 15-limit several times. Each time the bartender told me I had reached the limit and asked me if I would like to purchase another drink. Although generally by the time I reached 15, the bar was closing and I didn't really have time for another drink.

What is a soda package? The one for my cruise includes chocolate, but not sure what soda drinks are.

The fountain soda options are limited to what the bar’s soda gun serves which I don’t like as much as bottled/canned soda. I don’t recall all of the options but seem to recall Coke, Diet Coke, 7-Up & maybe ginger ale.

Unlimited Soda & More Package

Indulge yourself with this premium Unlimited Soda & More Package, entitling you to unlimited fountain soft drinks, plus mocktails, juices, and complimentary hot chocolate throughout your cruise. Price includes service charge. Package must be purchased for full length of voyage, cannot be shared, is non-transferable, and is non-refundable within 3 days of sailing.

Item #2312

$8.05 per person/per day

Thanks, maybe not for me.

You’re welcome…I tried it once & quickly learned it wasn’t for me.

At $8.05/pp/day I’d prefer 3+ cans of soda for about the same price but never drink that much soda. It’s probably cost-effective for frequent soda drinkers or convenient for those who lounge around the pool drinking sodas but that’s not me. Princess also has offers where you pay for 5 sodas and get the 6th one for free.

Princess allows us to bring soda and water onboard so that’s what we do.

but, the 'soda package' also includes "mocktails" - which I believe are around $4-5 each

Yes & that was shown in the package’s description plus juices & hot chocolate but still not cost-effective for me.

We don’t often drink mocktails and prefer that most of our caloric intake come from food. [emoji6]